• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
oooh I saw a $19 pedometer at the chemist!

Was thinking of buying it, but all the other pedometers cost $60 and they all looked exactly the same (model number and everything) so I freaked out because I didn't want to spend $60 :p

Most of what I've eaten today is chicken and vegetable soup. No idea how much or at one time, just throughout the whole day lol... oh and as per holidays, no study or exercise either :p

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
my pedometer from priceline was like $3-4ish or something lol

today i ate a shitload of bad food, inc brunch bar, kebab (the stick kind), pork roll and lots more. first cuz i was hungry, later cuz i was angry lol

HSC
N/A
awww *hug*

It's been a really crap/stupid week for a lot of people I know, but I'm sure it'll get better after Friday :) (everything's always better on Friday! :D)

Hmm, what have I eaten today...

Breakfast - Hash Brown and Bacon and Egg McMuffin from maccas
Afternoon tea - (yeah, big jump I know :() some cold hot chips on the table lol
Dinner - rice porridge with some ham in it
Supper - (about to grab some of this, mum is making my bro eggs and bacon so now I'm hungry too :p) maybe eggs on toast? Toasted ham and cheese sandwich?

Study: zero, feel a bit mrr towards study after cul202 today. What a letdown of a class, it's so... theoretical. It's just a creative writing unit, for crying out loud :p
Exercise: also zero, cancelled both singing and dancing classes today because I'm still a bit sick (bro's sick now too though lol, and he hasn't been able to walk in a straight line for two days. Mum is running around saying "omg you might have meningacoccal" or however you spell it... hahahaha). Will be at work tomorrow though.

Good work to all those dedicated enough and are loosing weight, "keep trying..." to everyone else like me who hasn't gotten far yet ;) but we're still having so much fun! :D

*hopeful*

HSC
brekky- a milo bar (the energy one) throughout a 2 hr accg lecture :(
lunch-salami sandwich w/ cheese and lettuce
dinner- spaghetti and a ton of cheese

snacks-krispy kremes :eek:

and i havent exercised in like a month unless dancing while under the influence (so more like trying to dance) counts ?

lengy

HSC
I had Sausage and Egg McMuffin McValue Meal with white tea but I didn't finish the Sausage and Egg McMuffin cause the flavour was too strong for breakfast.
I had Chicken with Jasmine Rice and Raspberry flavoured Fanta for lunch at RPA.
I had Fried Rice with Mince Beef Chunks for dinner.

I haven't done push ups in over a week. Might do some just before bed or tomorrow morning hopefully.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
breakfast - bran cereal+soy milk
snack - Sugarfree V, 2 vitaweats
lunch - tuna in bread roll
snack - apple, mother earth bar
dinner - chicken + soup
snack - gonna have sleep tea lol

HSC
N/A
oh man, I so couldn't be stuffed doing my readings :( I've had all day and still haven't touched any of my course readers and tutes are tomorrroooowwwww....

Breakfast - slept through this one ;)
Lunch - cheeseburger (homemade and homecooked pattie of organic mince so pretty healthy?)
Dinner - ham and cheese on wholemeal bread toasted sandwich
Snacks - one oreo bar for a sugar hit

study - see above note about not being motivated to do readings :(
exercise - I've actually been doing some random dance things around the house today.. .was going to do some pilates, but yeah... we'll see how that goes ;)

*hopeful*

HSC
yay i've started exercising again, well so far its only been yesty and today

breakfast-1 piece of toast with margarine n pb and black tea
lunch-wholemeal salami and lettuce sandwich.......yuckkk i cant stand wholemeal
dinner-chicken soup and rice
snacks-mixed nuts/cashews/almonds

mserica

HSC
I have no idea why the excercise isnt working.. maybe its cause im too impaitent.

Have excercised more than ever, 5 days a week for 45- 60 minutes (cardio) plus 15-25 minutes weights each day I go to the gym.

Have toned a little but not loosing the KGs i would like to be, anyone got some hints - how long do i have to wait before the weight starts to come off.

(previously when i was a little bigger the weight come off straight away not sure why this isnt working, when im doing more cardio and more fitness than ever before)... Help Please :(

HSC
N/A
erica - what's probably happened is that you've hit a plateau. Either your body has hit what it considers is as "light" as it will go (bear in mind muscle weighs more than fat - you can loose centimetres but not kilos, in fact sometimes you will even gain weight!), or you need to get more variety into your training program, work different areas etc.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i jsut went shopping and bought new jeans. they like maaade me buy size 7 lol cuz they stretch, but ahhh they better stretch! i'm like pulling at the tummy area to stretch it out haha. does anyone know if rigid denim stretches a lot? i don't wanna have wasted my money on something im gonna flab out of lol

edit: yes they do stretch, lol

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
mserica said:
I have no idea why the excercise isnt working.. maybe its cause im too impaitent.

Have excercised more than ever, 5 days a week for 45- 60 minutes (cardio) plus 15-25 minutes weights each day I go to the gym.

Have toned a little but not loosing the KGs i would like to be, anyone got some hints - how long do i have to wait before the weight starts to come off.

(previously when i was a little bigger the weight come off straight away not sure why this isnt working, when im doing more cardio and more fitness than ever before)... Help Please :(
erica! i would soooo rather lose centermetres than weight! it means ur losing it the RIGHT way! I don't really care about weight n e more (i mean i do but i dont get upset anymore if i gain a kilo or 2) ... im more about losing cms and i dont measure either, just my clothes lol

HSC
N/A
^ mm, agreed :)

If it makes you feel better to know, I've been the same weight for about two years now and literally, no movement either way (it takes something BIG for me to gain or lose a kilo :p). However, I know I've lost and gained muscle over this time, and a couple of people seem to think I've lost weight this year (maybe not a bad thing?) but the scales don't show any change at all :p

I reckon that the best guide should be your tape measure :D (well, second only to the skin fold calliper, but what kind of person has that 'lying around the house'? :p)

mserica

HSC
Okay, well i guess i just have to wait and see how it goes, i will do the measuring thing tomorrow morning, and let you know this time next week as if Cm's are lost..

Thanks for the pointers.. I was starting to think i will never get my 2005 body back :(

HSC
N/A
Breakfast - N/A as slept in till 2pm :D

"Lunch" - cheeseburger with homemade pattie of organic mince

Dinner - White rice noodle with won-tons, yum yum

Study - :p You know the answer to this one!
Exercise - taught for 2 hours today. I danced properly for the first time in like, 2 weeks today since I've been sick... I did three run throughs of the dance (bear in mind I'm the teacher lol!) and thought I was going to die! :( Massive loss of stamina for the lose :(

Oh, and I'm more or less chickening out of the 4 hour flamenco class tomorrow as well :D I think I'm only going to do 1 hour...

HSC
N/A
shhhh! :p

I think I slept at about 4am this morning. Had to wake up this morning for flamenco... ugh. I've been dead basically all of today, trying to figure out how beneficial it will be to just have a short nap now and stay up all night to re-set the body clock?!?!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i ate so much this morning
my godd.. i was like hungry hungry hippo lol

HSC
N/A
ahahahaha

Better to pig out in the morning than in the night though, I guess :p

As for me...
yesterday
Breakfast - cheeseburger from maccas
Afternoon Tea - home-made cheeseburger

Exercise - 1 hour flamenco class, I did a total kick-butt Tangos but was coughing my lungs out so decided to not do another 2 hours of class
(yeah, that was it lol)

today so far
Lunch - homemade cheeseburger (we're out of mince now, no more cheeseburgers for a while :()
Afternoon tea - strawberry smoothie with yoghourt, milk, honey and strawberries (duh)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Alcohol till around 2am last night

Lunch: some leftover chicken
Dinner: hmm hungry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)