• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
^ *chuckle*

Yay for Lynny and Anne feeling better today! :D

I'm actually feeling a hell of a lot better today. I woke up feeling "conscious" (best way I can describe it), which is always a good thing. I've noticed my appetite isn't quite up to where it normally is but got to eat at least one decent meal today so yay :)

Breakfast - two slices of wholemeal toast with cheese

Lunch - half a salmon and pasta thingo

Afternoon tea - the other half

dinner - INDIAN! :D Butter chicken curry, rice and half a garlic naan from the Indian Tea and Curry House in Turramurra (a GREAT place to go).

Exercise: Nil, I cancelled all my classes today but will be back to "normal" tomorrow.

Study: Also nil as I (and my mum) expected me to still be dying mode. I have a doctor's cert though :)

the pedometer sounds kinda cool though. Where can I get one? I might be more motivated to be active around the house if I could constantly look down to see how much or how little I've done... (heehee, I could put up a pedometer reading each day under my fooding report :p)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
tommorow im starting to eat healthy

Today:

Breakfast: pour soup
Breakfast2: 2weetbix
Lunch: some of my lil cousins fried rice and honey soy chicken/terriyaki
Dinner: yoghurt with musli

err doesnt sound much but i know im missing out on a meal

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I'm glad you guys are feeling better glitterfairy. whatever you had sounded awful! :(

Anyway....
Breakfast: toast and cranberry juice
Lunch: italian turkey sandwich
Dinner: lasagne
Snack: Banana and yogurt!
Study: I promised myself i won't procastinate this semester, so i've been quite busy with my course readings.. :eek:

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
breakfast - ham and cheese sandwich
lunch - ham and cheese sandwich
afternoon tea - some chocolate
dinner - a piece of fish

study - still don't have course readings yet will buy on thursday when I'm at uni
exercise - taught dance for about two hours today. Am still getting over sickness so taking it easy...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Today

Breakfast: rice and chicken?

Lunch: multigrain sandwich with steamed chicken and lettuce (ate half of it)

Lunch2: natural yoghurt with muesli

Dinner: natural yoghurt with muesli

Dinner2: rice and chicken (very small portion), not even a cup's worth of rice and like half a drumstick.

Snacks: double D lollies and cough lollies, throat lollies and cold n flu tablets.

Excercise: i wanted to excercise, i dont think its a good idea yet, so i just cleaned the house and did the laundry and swept the floors, mopped them, did the dishes, hung up the washing, folded laundry, put them into their proper places, wiped and scrubbed the stove/oven ... i went a little crazy etc

Edit I'm obsessed wit yoghurt and muesli now! I take it to uni/work, everywhere! its absolutely delish!

Make it i tell ya! soo healthy, so high in protein and calcium, low GI and all the good stuff! I drool everytime i think of it and it makes you feel unbelievably full and healthy after one! :)

Natural yoghurt (u can get the sweet one i don't care, but i get the natural one (sorta sourish) and then put high protein muesli on top of it and im not talking about a few sprinkles.. i'm saying put half a cup of yoghurt and half a cup of muesli (the one with whole almounds, saltanas, etc etc) i usually put 1/4 yoghurt, 3/4 musli ....

SOOOOO NICE!

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
so for some unforseen reason, i've managed to lose 1.5kgs or something in two weeks... but i feel like i didn't work for it or anything, i did for a few days here and there but then i'de give up and eat healthy but the non strict "limited carbs"... its like i lose more weight when i loosen my diet a bit. So from now on.. carbs are in, even at night but only if its rice.

Anyway to celebrate lol I made myself eggs and bacon and toasts, the whole sha bang lol and for lunch today i had sweet chilli chicken sushi and this jelly shake from gumballs.

Lol i'll eat healthy tonight... i've still got the muesli and yoghurt thing in my bag that im dying to eat,... but im not hungry yet and i won't enjoy it so i'll eat it tonight.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lol pfft i'll eat healthy tonight my butt lol

I had the muesli and yoghurt thing oh goshness it was to die for!

The whole lost weight thing without really working for it, has me eating crap lol i'm eating pizza tonight (frozen pizza) and eating a punnet of strawberries while i watch... memoirs of geisha and failure to launch :)... its going to be my official last day of the holidays/sickness thing and then its back to the crapness that is uni :) and i'ma start doing stuff for uni now i think...

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
All i ever eat these days is sushi from uni. Somehow I dont think its healthy.
On the other note, I didnt eat yesterday so I got myself a rusty short jacket instead. hawt.
I was like that aaallll of last year :)

Then I discovered Mac Centre :D I'll often buy stuff from there in the morning then eat it at uni.

Anne I'm so glad to hear you love carbs as much as I do! yay! On a side note, if you are loosing weight for no reason it may be because you're sick...? :/

Breakfast - Pasta with bolognaise sauce
lunch - cheese on toast (2 slices)
afternoon tea - lamington
dinner - err, will be eating something soon :/ there's totally like no food in the house atm because mum has been getting back late and I totally can't/won't cook, so like :p anyone want to come over to my house and feed me? lol

study: still have no course readings have to buy them tomorrow when I'm at uni
exercise: zero. Have been gaming a bit over the last few (free) days but also having to take a 3-hour nap or so each day because I'm still sick :( I thought I got heaps better on monday but obviously not... it's hanging around and making me feel blue :(

mserica

HSC
Okay, well i am going well i think, i just need to take out the chocolate,

Breakfast: 2 Weetbix
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Mountain Bread with ham and cheese
Dinner: Lasagna - so so nice,

Gym - didnt go today, cause was way too sore from the day before, I have personal training session tomorrow, weigh in and fitness test - hopefully all will go well :S

Anne - cant believe youve only got 2.6 to go, thast awesome, if i could have your dedication i would be set!!

Congrats!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
clairegirl, I am so happy for you, that sig is awesome.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
heheh glitter we do we do, i like carbs now (i always did, i just found them evil lol especially during my early stages of losing weightness) but i think the past few weeks have helped me incorporate them into my diet slowly so they don't effect my weightloss anymore.

It's back to 50% carbs... the normal portion i think is 55% carbs, 25% protein and 20% fat... but i don't think i'm ready to eat 20% fat... fat makes me feel sick... even my bacon and eggs and toast htis morning i cooked without oil... i just feel sick everytime i can actually see the oil on my food.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
clairegirl, I am so happy for you, that sig is awesome.
aww thanx iab :)

mserica- your doing fine on your own :) and yeah i haven't been to the gym for about a week either, i want to go tommorow but i don't think thats wise yet. Let us all know how the fitness thing goes okay? I was thinking of getting one done too! it comes with my membership but i just can't be bothered lol

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
juLnHi said:
pb .. i want more less soggy brownies! we must have another cooking party! hey i want a pedometer too!
my brownies are yummy dammit! You just don't know good food *shakes head* the sogginess made it taste like fudgey choc sauce or something *drools* , even though i had a major tummy ache after... but that was probably coz i ate so friggen much lol

juLnHi said:
4) How I plan to loose weight I have no idea yet. i really don't want to change my diet. so maybe just alot of walking? i walk everywhere .. almost .. i won't walk to the bus like pb does. tooooo far. but the problem is i can lose 3 kgs in one week but gain it back in 2 weeks >.< make it stop :(
lol thats like me! ... except i lose 1/2kg in a week and gain 1.5 the next lol

anyhooz.. today i was hella hungry!
breakfast: bran cereal + skim milk
snack: 1 pc lindt 70% dark choc (was given to me, how could i say no? lol)
lunch: a small round containter thingy of brown rice and stir fry
5pm: muesli slice + a lot[/] of crackers
7pm: 2 meatballs

i discovered today that i apparently look thai and sound like an indian?? lol

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
breakfast - half a chicken and cheese foccacia
morning tea - 1/4 of the above
afternoon tea - a few more bites of foccacia
evening meal - 2 tuna sushi rolls
dinner - chicken and vegetable soup with bread

study - looked at course readings. I've got my tute presentations to work on now but I am still feeling SO sick, even when lying in bed doing nothing :( so I don't think work will start soon...
exercise - nada for same reasons as above.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
juLnHi said:
before and after photos? as my friends have said .. u can't see the weight i gained unless u stare long enough at my tummy :p
JULLLieeeee hihi
<3

you have no tummy shessh !!

^___^
HSC
yesterday:

breakfast - can tuna sandwich
gym work out for 2hrs
after gym: protein shake + can of tuna
lunch: can tuna sandwich
2hrs later: can tuna sandwich(smaller load)
dinner: subway + protein shake

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i feel like such a fat boolooga ,.... i went shopping today and i tried on clothes ... and felt like i was sharing a cubicle with a sumo wrestler...:(

My stomache is still flabbby and gross and my arms still hang over.

TODAY:

breakfast: musli and natural yoghurt
lunch: tokyo express i think... it had fried rice, noodles, vegetables, wasabi, fried crispy chicken... VERY BAD! but it was nice lol.

Dinner: planned dinner will be musli and natural yoghurt

Gym: planning to go for an hour and a half, also wanting to buy 4kg weights.

^___^
HSC
Orange Juice said:
holy crap triple dot, 2 hours? what exercises do you with jim?
little bit of weights, little bit of cardio...i go with 2 friends, so i don't full work out for 2hrs..i do one set, break..then another set... 2hrs is way too short for us, but we have lecture afterwards....so we can't stay any longer

mserica

HSC
Gym:45 mins cardio, 25 mins of weights and abs
Breakfast - Nutri Grain - (I felt like a sugar hit)
Lunch: Fish and Veges (and I absoulutly hate seafood) - but they say fish is good for you.
Dinner: Chicken and Cashew Nuts with Rice

Snacks: one tim tam a muffin and a cup of tea

Weigh in is tomorrow.. kinda nervous - lets see what my scales say and then what the gym scales say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)