• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (2 Viewers)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i ate sooo friggen much today!
and i drank milk in the morning which killed my tummy and i was sooo dead at work today

HSC
N/A
breakfast - antibiotic and some chicken soup
lunch - antibiotic and more chicken soup
afternoon tea - two slices of buttered toast with a little bit of sugar on them (I felt like a sugar hit, hahaha @ difference between mserica's sugar hit and mine)
dinner - homemade chicken soup :)

Yup, huge variety of foods today! hahaha

study: not when I'm still feeling this crap
exercise: Called in sick at work for the first time ever today :( I don't think I can do flamenco class tomorrow either... I just need to get well asap :/

lengy

HSC
I have one large block of Cadbury Milk Chocolate and Cadbury 'Crunchie' Chocolate block sitting in my fridge with the double packet clear wrapping around it. I haven't touched it... but then again I've never been much of a candy person :p I even have a bag of Kit Kats that I haven't opened :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
bah. the most annoying thing happened to me yesterday!!

All week i had eaten well and yesterday i made sure i ate well - i had a banana for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. Most of all, i suceeded each day in not being tempted to buy a chocolate bar (before i used to have one each day).

BUT, when i got home yesterday night my mum had kindly bought me a block of cadbury 'snack' from shopping. The temptation was too much and i ended up eating the whole bloody thing that night effectively nullifying any healthy approach i had for the whole week (yes i know i could easily have not had it, but if you had seen this chocolate bar starring at you on your desk with no strings attached, you would eat it too!).. *sigh*
haha and what normally happens in those instances is that the person thinks, stuff it for the rest of this week, I’ll eat healthy again next week…

lengy said:
I have one large block of Cadbury Milk Chocolate and Cadbury 'Crunchie' Chocolate block sitting in my fridge with the double packet clear wrapping around it. I haven't touched it... but then again I've never been much of a candy person :p I even have a bag of Kit Kats that I haven't opened :D
sitting there and you haven't touched it?? if it's sitting there i hide it from myself, and if that doesn't work i get others to hide it for me.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
thats crazyyyy! lol

this week i've been trying to eat only when my tummy feels empty, but then it hardly does and so i didn't eat much and then i was tired for the whole day and had full 3:30itis (i didn't go as bad as holding the phone upside down and going 'reception' but it was close enough lol) and then when i eat im awake again. i find the whole 'eat only when hungry and stop when full' thing soo hard! lol. cuz i don't get hungry but i get tired

ooh! today i drank 1/2 bottle of Dare iced coffee and i felt sick for the rest of the day.

lengy

HSC
yeah well my last blocks of chocolate i ask slowly and slowly the paced picked up. it when from one piece at a time to eating half of it within an hour :p mainly cause i couldn't be bothered breaking them into tiny pieces lol :D i've never been much of a candy or snack person. i only ever eat when i feel hungry, though that's mainly cause i prefer to buy meals then snacks due to costs. snacks seem to be a waste of money to me.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
... said:
little bit of weights, little bit of cardio...i go with 2 friends, so i don't full work out for 2hrs..i do one set, break..then another set... 2hrs is way too short for us, but we have lecture afterwards....so we can't stay any longer
2 hours isnt long enough? how much of the 2 hours is actually the workout?

i hope your eating right mate, because you dont want all that effort to go to waste.

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
yeah well my last blocks of chocolate i ask slowly and slowly the paced picked up. it when from one piece at a time to eating half of it within an hour :p mainly cause i couldn't be bothered breaking them into tiny pieces lol :D i've never been much of a candy or snack person. i only ever eat when i feel hungry, though that's mainly cause i prefer to buy meals then snacks due to costs. snacks seem to be a waste of money to me.
I'm not much of a candy person either, however I'll admit I'm an opportunist. When I see chocolate, I never go "oh no, I shouldn't..." instead it's always "yay! chocolate! Can I have some?" :D

In other news I woke up this morning and discovered all the homemade chicken soup is totally gone :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Oh noes!!

I've almost totally gone off chocolate haha, its depressing, I think its my maturing tastes :(

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
damn you all!
... actually i do like chocolate less than before .. but i still eat it out of habit even though i try not to :|

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
juLnHi said:
on monday im going to start my 'french' diet .. eat small portions every 3 hrs or so and walk everywhere but to the bus stop :p sounds very doable. at least this way i can still eat what i want.

i cant eat when my tunny feels empty. i've been doing that all hoilday because i'm lazy and i ended up eating once a day .. one BIG BIG meal .. it did help lose weight BUT if ur lazy like me u dont want to wake up at 1am feeling hungry and trying to find something to eat and trying not to make too much noise.

yesterday and today so far i had sushi, small bowl of rice with mongolian beef + greens, 2 slices of garlic bread, egg + ham + cheese sandwich. + durian
don't be lazy, it's an easy 40mins!

i've eaten sooo much this week. i think i've gained a kg just this week =|

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Oh noes!!

I've almost totally gone off chocolate haha, its depressing, I think its my maturing tastes :(
old and boring ftl :(

However - if simple chocolate isn't your thing anymore, have you ever had chocolate fondue or chili chocolate? Or even chocolate panna cotta?

I'm a wimp when it comes to spices so chili chocolate isn't really my thing but I have some friends who think it is divine when used in gourmet dishes (like with mexican style chicken).

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
chilli chocolate? i've heard of chilli tim tams, but that sounds so wrong :|

i want my tastes to mature so that i can like lasagne and salad and meat. lol i want to like meat, but nope i only like chocolate. and i get sick allll the time, like right now. also fat, of course, which is my main point here

anyhooz... whats ftl?

Tabris

HSC
I have lost 2kg over the break and in the first two weeks of uni,

mainly coz i dont eat much, under 2000cal a day. Also exercise have been pretty much constant through out the year, 200 pushups and situps daily.

Looks like all of u's are winning battle of the bulge.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
mmm for a second opinion do you think it be a good idea to see a nutritionist?
to help me gain weight? i think i given up hope :(

talking about chocolate i saw green tea chocolate today and eww does it taste horrible i dont feel like touching chocolate after that experience

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i reckon if i eat any more than 1200 calories a day i gain weight.

i want to try green tea chocolate lol
and sukiyaki don't see a nutritionist. IIII will make you gain weight! lol

mserica

HSC
So Far so good - Its been a week since i decided to take this a little more seriously.

Gym: 45 mins on cross trainer, with 25 mins of weights
Weigh in Day: Doom Day :( - Lost 6cm off total body but the scales say only .4of a kg.

Its just after 12 and I have only had breakfast, which included 3 egg whites and toast with a cup of tea.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i want to reply to all of your posts! but i don't have the time or the access to internet, my lap top is getting fixed, im just using my cousin's comp atm.

Jamie! don't degrade your efforts like that, I think you did fabulous! You did well, who cares if you pigged out once, pick up and try again :)

Julie- yeah i think seeing someone would be great, i know it did wonders for me in terms of losing weight and stuff. There are so many programs for gaining weight, you need to mess around with your diet a bit in order to gain... you can't just gain from eating junk food, you'll just get fat... you want to gain but you want clean muscle/fat not junky fat. See someone about it, they'll probably tell you in more detail but the ratios for gaining in terms of carbs/protein/fats will be different for someone who's gaining than for someone who's trying to lose weight.

Sorry i'll reply to all of what you guys said later.. and welcome to the new girl!!

Yesterday:
Went to the gym at 6:30 in the morning :D:D before i had work at 8:30am :d it was good! felt great for the rest of the day! I ate good too.. except dinner i had what normal people would have.

Today: went to the gym but realised it opens at 9am on sundays! grrr...
breakfast: 2 weetbix, skim milk, sugar
breakfast2: 95g of can tuna
Lunch: 2 slices of multigrain with cucumber slices and can tuna
Lunch2: natural yoghurt and musli
Dinner: ruined the day, had about 6 servings of bbq, some rice and this very fattening cheesey meat stuff.
Excercise: None today

study: no plan, just typing up half a page of stuff that footnoting excercise, i'll do half of it tonight, while i have access to a computer that actually works.

*hopeful*

HSC
Tabris said:
I have lost 2kg over the break and in the first two weeks of uni,

mainly coz i dont eat much, under 2000cal a day. Also exercise have been pretty much constant through out the year, 200 pushups and situps daily.

Looks like all of u's are winning battle of the bulge.

good on ya! im not winning no battles, im so much more lazier to exercise, cuz i think i do enough walking around uni :(

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Breakfast: Toast and cranberry juice
Lunch: Lobster and oysters
Dinner: fried fish and sushi
Exercise: walking!!! need to do more though... so much reading and studying atm!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)