• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Re: The MQ weightloss/marks gain Support Thread!

SuGa BunI =D said:
i'll sent it to your email ac_sebastian@hotmail.com??
ps. do you have 700mb of free space in your mail box?

yes please :D and yeah i should have... i dont really keep big stuff in my inbox so it should be alright.

Oh hang on doesn't hotmail only go up to 200mb?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

i just checked.. it has a 250mb capacity? is there any way else we can send it?

HSC
N/A

Breakfast: rice bubbles
Lunch: ravioli in bologese sauce with some cheese
Pre-Dinner: 2 hash browns
Dinner: Butter Chicken and rice (oohhh, indian food...so yummy)

Study: I've spent all day writing about 500 words of my BBA250 assessment :p On the bright side, at least I have an idea of what I'm doing now and I have started BEFORE THE NIGHT IT IS DUE! :D Also - I have written up a "Goal List" I want to accomplish for myself by the end of tonight :D I'm halfway through!!!

I still have to type up some stuff for tomorrow's SOC assessment though.

Exercise: None yet, unless you count random bellydancing around the house. I'll do some more stuff after I get through the "Style" part of my report.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC

ARRGHHH, you are right!

does anyone know a site that allows more then 500MB of free hosting??

HSC
N/A

Doesn't gmail allow heaps and heaps of inbox space?

HSC
N/A

I FOUND MY CAMERA!

Now... does anyone know how to find out if you can set your camera to take a picture within 10 seconds or so? (so I don't have to actually hold the camera to take a photo of myself. And no, none of my family members will want to help :p)

Will post up some photos after I get through more assessment work... now I have motivation! :D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

Tuesday 16/5/06

Overall: Internship 9-5, went home had dinner, went to uni (still friggen here!) and if i feel like it and my feeling of buggeryness goes away i shall goto the gym.

Breakfast
- tomato and chicken on multi grain bread (margarine, should really start getting used to not putting any spread on my sandwiches anymore)

Lunch: Sundried tomato and chicken on wholemeal bread

Dinner: a cup of brown rice with beef/vegies broth thing.

Snacks: About 5 peices of these lolly hard candy things (i can't help but eat them we got a whole carton from Optus)

Excercise: Nil so far (I shall decide if I will goto the gym on my way home though... soo buggery and tired though :( I hate stupid LONG days! arrghh

HSC
N/A

I think a little spread is fine, provided it's as least-processed as possible (eg real butter instead of margarine. It's got a much richer flavour, hence you use less :) ).

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

glitterfairy said:
Aww, why so claire?
Coz im soo unbelievably tired and I'm finding it really hard to concentrate on generating some SPSS stuff.. lucky my mate is here though coz she did all my output for me.

I'm soo buggery tired! Arrgh whats wrong with me it feels like i overdosed on carbs or something.

I think i will goto the gym, its not like I'm going to get any reading done tonight anyway.

eDIT: i hate days when i havn't excercised and its a longgg day

gtg now lib is closing

Last edited:

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC

sorry clairegirl, i was uploading then went to dinner. didnt realise that the site only allow 500 MB of uploading so that didnt work :(

how do i split the file redrum? its 700mb

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC

Shit claire what time is the gym open to? and what one do you go to?

This isn't an educated comment but surely going to the gym every day cant be too good for you? You seem like you feel you HAVE to go everyday but you should have some break between exercising. Isn't it like 3-4 times a week or something?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

SuGa BunI =D said:
sorry clairegirl, i was uploading then went to dinner. didnt realise that the site only allow 500 MB of uploading so that didnt work :(

how do i split the file redrum? its 700mb
Use Winrar or Winzip (you both will need to have it).

Select your file, right click, add to archive or something similar. Then you should be able to fiddle around with settings and split the archive.

Then you have to upload all files...and the receipient has to download all of them. Once she (or me;)) has them, they'll be able to extract the file. You need all of the parts to be able to extract the movie file.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

suga buni, cant u just msn it to her?
ooh u can also use hp split... i think thats what its called? i dunno.. something like that :S and yeh you'll both need to have it

anyhooz, my fooding today was good =)
i ate a poopload so i dont remember exactly lol... but all healthy so yeh ... welll except taht kk =O! but i ran away after one so that my sugar cravings wouldnt go worse lol (yes, it takes a lot more than one to satisfy me :( and the more i eat the less im satisfied :(:( )

exercise:
- dunno if it counts, but played ball with my bro ... im crap and hes tall... so it makes it harder for me, so i try less, so no sweating or burning nothing lol.
- treadmilled for 15 mins.... 15! =O! my legs died when i just started... maybe i didnt warm up long enough? i wasn't tired and im still not and i wanna go back but my legs hurt and i smell too nice to sweat lol.
- started biking but then my dvd stuffed up and i got bored and i felt dirty lol, so i went to have a shower instead. Now i feel to clean to go exercise again lol.
- did weights with my hot pink dumbells like i do every morning

yeh so.. poor effort overall... but im glad i didnt pig out on junk food today =D lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

pb said:
suga buni, cant u just msn it to her?
ooh u can also use hp split... i think thats what its called? i dunno.. something like that :S and yeh you'll both need to have it

anyhooz, my fooding today was good =)
i ate a poopload so i dont remember exactly lol... but all healthy so yeh ... welll except taht kk =O! but i ran away after one so that my sugar cravings wouldnt go worse lol (yes, it takes a lot more than one to satisfy me :( and the more i eat the less im satisfied :(:( )

exercise:
- dunno if it counts, but played ball with my bro ... im crap and hes tall... so it makes it harder for me, so i try less, so no sweating or burning nothing lol.
- treadmilled for 15 mins.... 15! =O! my legs died when i just started... maybe i didnt warm up long enough? i wasn't tired and im still not and i wanna go back but my legs hurt and i smell too nice to sweat lol.
- started biking but then my dvd stuffed up and i got bored and i felt dirty lol, so i went to have a shower instead. Now i feel to clean to go exercise again lol.
- did weights with my hot pink dumbells like i do every morning

yeh so.. poor effort overall... but im glad i didnt pig out on junk food today =D lol
Hey Pb! That's absolutely awsome... 15 minutes is better than nothing mate and I know even after 15 mins on the treadmill i feel a lot better the rest of the day even if that is my only form of formal excercise i do for the day...

I'm crap at basketball, the last time i played was when i was 12 and i hit people (all my brothers friends) and snatched the ball off them and would run away.. i havn't tried since :s

Overall it sounds like you were active at least an hour or maybe more? for the whole day which can do wonders for your body :) Congrats honey I'm really proud of you! Oooh and no junk food too! I'm incredibly proud of you matie! I know how much you like your junk food!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

*~Dazed~* said:
Shit claire what time is the gym open to? and what one do you go to?

This isn't an educated comment but surely going to the gym every day cant be too good for you? You seem like you feel you HAVE to go everyday but you should have some break between exercising. Isn't it like 3-4 times a week or something?
Hey matie no thats not an uneducated comment at all. For begginners its recommended that you don't exceed 4 times a week because its easier to quit and although I'm not a superstar olympian (very far from it lol) but I have been doing cardio and been working out for a while now and can usually go 45+ minutes doing cardio without too much trouble.

A general guideline is that beginners should start with about 3 non-consecutive days of cardio and then work their way up to more frequent sessions and because I'm still at that stage where I need to lose weight I'm doing on average 5 days a week. (I didn't go on the weekend, weekends I am absolutely soo crap in terms of diet and excercise) but as soon as weekdays come again, I have routine again and I usually can get off my arse n do everything on my to do list.

Having said that though... people should be at least active 30 minutes everyday. If i didnt go to the gym I'de probably get about 15 minutes of activity a day if i was lucky. I have job where I'm constantly at a desk for sometimes 5 hours at a time, I'm a uni student so there are times (all nighters) where I'm on my ass for 8 hours doing a report or something and I dont play sport socially or anything of that calibre.

The general guidelines are:
To maintain current fitness level: 2-4 days a week (at least 20 minutes)
To lose weight: 4 or more days a week (at least 30 minutes) I usually do about 45 minutes of cardio on a normal day but if I eat something bad (i.e on the weekend i had chicken man) I'll do an hour of moderate intensity cardio.

Basically the principles I abide by is if i eat bad = more excercise, eat good = less excercise.

I know it may seem like I'm obsessed with the gym, I'm not really it just makes me feel better because my lifestyle is so inactive. So yes in that sense I do go a lot but only to compensate for all the inactivity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)