The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Re: The MQ weightloss/marks gain Support Thread!

hey clairegirl, didn't get a chance to snack today.

I normally dont snack much (although a day doesnt go by where i dont have something naughty), i just have a tendancy to substitutde big 200g packs of chips, gelato or cookies for my meals haha.

HSC
N/A

mserica said:
Best way to do sit ups is to lift the legs and then put them down but dont let them touch the floor then, lift them again and then let them down but hold them about 2cm above the ground.

The reason for this is that it will not damage the neck or back as your legs and abs are then doing the work.

to focus on the side you do exactly the same however tilt your legs to the left or right!

Hope that makes sense!!!!

p.s It works though you need to do at least 50 a day four to five times a week
I'm going to be hugely pedantic here. Sorry guys :(

By rough definition, that's not really a situp as you're not "sitting up" :p But again, this is me being pedantic, and I have no idea whether someone actually taught that to you using the words "situp", in which case it's really just a petty terminology dispute that isn't worth taking up for too long :p

On a more general note - I would encourage those interested in this sort of exercise to ensure their lower back stays on the floor. Even though your neck has a far less likelihood of being overworked doing something like this, you can really screw up your lower back if you don't make sure it stays on the floor and lets the abs do the bulk of the work.

and finally - don't rush out and do 50 of these babies if you know you're not strong enough for it yet. Start with about 5-10 on each side, then increase as you get stronger :) If you feel any pain that feels 'not right' at any time, STOP immediately!

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC

feel silly saying this but...

I LOVE CARMEN ELECTRA!
1hr of her striptease & im sore all over :D

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

man...
i need to go to the gym and use the cross trainer and burn 850 calories like anne
argghh
gaining weight when im trying to lose it is soo frustrating!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

*~Dazed~* said:
I have a gym membership and i go through stages where id go 3-4 times a week for a while and then id get really busy and thus lazy in my spare time and go like once every few weeks. At the moment im only managing once a week and im killing myself for it. I love going but when i get around to having some time i always just want to relax.

Last couple of months ive been way busy but from tomorrow night (should have been today) ive got it pretty easy until exam time (nothing due, just piles up in those 2 weeks) so ill definitely get back into it. Problem is i go to the gym but i dont change my eating habits.

Today:
breaky: (shock horror that i even had it!) english muffin 1/2 with philly 1/2 with butter and an ebf tea
coffee- full cream 2 sugars
dinner: burger and hot chips (i was at the uni from 11am-9pm and there wasn't really anything fresh looking by 6.30.
now another coffee because ill be up all night tonight....

excercise: zlich. not even any walking. I was on my arse from 11-9 and then walk to car and now on my arse in bed again

i suck. i live on only 2 proper meals a day then snacks or drinks or something. I cant eat every 4 or so hours.
Dazed I was soo you a couple of months back.. as soon as uni and work started getting hectic... excercising was at the bottom of my priority list... it was always work and uni over excercise.. try to get out of that habit and put excercise on the top of your priority list.

Even if i've got an assignment due the next day, i'll make sure i still go even if it is a measly 2k walk on the treadmill and then home again at least it's something you know!... you have so much more energy to do absolutely everything once you feel energised and I've noticed my time management skills have upped since my last feeble attempt at planning. It improves because you want to fit so much into it and you don't want to lose anything that you enjoy/is important/generates income

HSC
N/A

SuGa BunI =D said:
feel silly saying this but...

I LOVE CARMEN ELECTRA!
1hr of her striptease & im sore all over :D
hahaha! So it works? I might give that video and the poledancing classes more serious thought then :p Anyone want to come with me?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

pb said:
man...
i need to go to the gym and use the cross trainer and burn 850 calories like anne
argghh
gaining weight when im trying to lose it is soo frustrating!
Pb! The cross trainer is absolute heaven! Oooh my tip is when you go, put the towel on the timer, i hate seeing it! it makes me want to stop... just look at your speed and the amount of calories burnt or if you don't want direction at all cover the whole thing and don't look at any numbers at all and then when u feel like stopping check how much u've done, you'll be SOOOo surprised at how much you've done and it gives you motivation to another 10 minutes or so :)

On treadmill it takes me 30 minutes to burn abotu 200 calories (walking briskly), on a cross trainer however you can burn 400 calories in 30 minutes.

If your a guy, you tend to go a lot faster than girls, so don't get all :s if your a girl and your only going 65 and the guy next to you is doing 80+ consistently.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC

i might give poledancing a go in about 2 months :p

the video is great for tonning up & she's not that bad to look at or annoying ither lols

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

glitterfairy said:
hahaha! So it works? I might give that video and the poledancing classes more serious thought then :p Anyone want to come with me?
LOL i was going to hire the video out for when i had a girlie night at my house..

I think my parentals would absolutely give me the weirdest, most embarassing looks and my bro would just laugh at me and my brothers gf would do it with me...

Suga Buni? is it worth it? lol where did you do it? i don't have a dvd player except my computers so i'de have to do it in the lounge room for all the fam to see. *cringes at the thought*

I don't mind working out in front of them, i've done a lot of tae bo work outs in front of family before in the lounge (in my im obsessed with tae bo stage) but doing strip teases in front of the family telly ... whoa i'de need courage...

Whats it like suga buni?

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC

Thanks for the words of motivation clairegirl. It is so true... you tell yoruself you have no time and blah blah blah. Like i feel way too tired to go but i KNOW that once i walk out the lift and into the gym all is good and you feel great for the rest of the day.

Hey another fan of the cross-trainer! I LOVE IT! I do a maximum of 20minutes on each cardio equipment.. you aren't meant to do more. But i dont know if thats a health/physical thing or a courtesy thing for the other members. Cross trainer will burn about 260 in the 20, bike i get around 140-150 and walking around the same depening on hill/speed.
Also love the rowing machines.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC

well i wasn’t sure at 1st so i downloaded cd1 :D ( can send it to you if you want to give it a go :p) so im working out in my bedroom, in front of the computer

its very basic at 1st, start with warmup exercise and then slowly buildup to harder movement, lots of shoulder back/bum thrust , bend down slowly then back up movements & the dance routeen get faster and sexier too :p . im definitely buying the whole set :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

*~Dazed~* said:
Thanks for the words of motivation clairegirl. It is so true... you tell yoruself you have no time and blah blah blah. Like i feel way too tired to go but i KNOW that once i walk out the lift and into the gym all is good and you feel great for the rest of the day.

Hey another fan of the cross-trainer! I LOVE IT! I do a maximum of 20minutes on each cardio equipment.. you aren't meant to do more. But i dont know if thats a health/physical thing or a courtesy thing for the other members. Cross trainer will burn about 260 in the 20, bike i get around 140-150 and walking around the same depening on hill/speed.
Also love the rowing machines.
Yeah i think the 20 min thing is a courtesy thing, did u read the first page of this thread? (how much cardio is required? 20 min sessions for maintaining weight and 40-60 min sessions for losing)

I don't care about the courtesy thing lol, heaps of pple stay on there heaps long and there's not usually a line up for the machines at my gym, coz there's a fair few.

Omg I love the rowing machines too!! a mix of cardio and resistance training all in one *drools* mseria has one in her house! *sulks in jealousy* :'( I hardly do them though because in they're in the section i don't like going to much lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Ahh, I need to get a rowing machine or a bike machine, I remember loving that when we did gym back in high school. Mostly we tried to get the 1 kilometre mark under a certain time, then it'd just be whoever could last the longest rofl

^___^
HSC

glitterfairy said:
YES!!!!!!!!

and..

YES!!!

HSC
N/A

AsyLum said:
Ahh, I need to get a rowing machine or a bike machine, I remember loving that when we did gym back in high school. Mostly we tried to get the 1 kilometre mark under a certain time, then it'd just be whoever could last the longest rofl
Easy with the bike machine there Mike - cycling tightens/shortens your calf muscles, and if they were already tight to begin with then it can actually make them worse :S

Rowing sounds awesome, though. It's something I'm supposed to get into as well.... lol.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A

I hate cycling :S

Rowing is good if you do it properly, otherwise your taking a lot of the stress on your back.

Tabris

HSC

do exercises while reading, it works for me

20 pushups per page or 20 situps per page

before u know it, u'll end up hitting 200

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

... said:
YES!!!!!!!!

and..

YES!!!
lol @ tripple dot

yeh what guy wouldn't pass up a "stripping" class with carmen elecktra and glitter *insert sexy connotation here* ;) lol

And yes please send it to me suga! :D How would you send it though it's pretty massive isn't it?

*hopeful*

HSC

Tabris said:
do exercises while reading, it works for me

20 pushups per page or 20 situps per page

before u know it, u'll end up hitting 200
how do u do sit-ups while reading *confused*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)