• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Re: The MQ weightloss/marks gain Support Thread!

Oh and my gym is open 24 hours :p ... except weekends where its open 9am-9pm, I goto New Dimensions. http://www.newdimensions.com.au/

i just went (i almost didn't because i was soo tired but i listened to Shannon Noll's song Lift ( u know the biggest loser theme song oooh soo inspirational!) and went :)

6k's 502 calories burned on the cross trainer :) Edit: And feeling good! No longer tired! I feel awake and alert now.. :)

Edit again: Try the kickstart program if you want to join there's also a 14 day free trial for new members worth 150 bucks :D

Last edited:

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC

Thanks dude. You're really good to help me get motivated. I admire your dedication. How long have you been going to the gym/this devoted?

I already have a membership and although being open 24 hours would be awesome, it isnt worth the travel time. How much do you pay though?

When i go i go from 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Usually 3 x 20 minute sessions of cardio, usually x trainger, walk/run and boke plus whatever else extra i can be bothered to do (rowing, steps, weights etc)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

*~Dazed~* said:
Thanks dude. You're really good to help me get motivated. I admire your dedication. How long have you been going to the gym/this devoted?

I already have a membership and although being open 24 hours would be awesome, it isnt worth the travel time. How much do you pay though?

When i go i go from 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Usually 3 x 20 minute sessions of cardio, usually x trainger, walk/run and boke plus whatever else extra i can be bothered to do (rowing, steps, weights etc)
I've had a gym membership for over a year lol (I can still remember my first visit, i was soo scared that everyone would be skinny beautiful or bodybuilders lol) ...I was very dedicated at the start.. i'de go everyday, however i still ate the same (if not more) during that time.. so didn't lose anything, I didn't have any information on nutrition or excercise i basically went in blind, I was very disheartened because i wasn't losing anything and I quit and only went like once a fortnight or something.

However I reached the largest I've ever been last year in November and thats when I went on all these different diets (detox, weight watchers, optislim, ketogenic etc) although none of them worked out..however I'm so glad I did them because I learnt so much from doing all of them (nutrition/excercise seperating excercise fact from myth, how your body burns fat/protein/carbs and what order etc)

So probably since the start of this year. However I only started doing 45min+ cardio workouts (on big days i usually do about 75 min straight on cross) about 8 weeks ago? Before that all i would do is 15 mins on cross trainer, 15 mins on bike and 30 mins of weights, which I now know, didn't take advantage of anything.

If you want to squeeze in weight training together with your cardio training in one session. You do 10-15 mins of cardio first as a warm up and then you do weight training and then you go do your cardio.

What your doing now at the gym sounds really good btw, it's varied (which is what i need to incorporate) and it keeps your heart rate up for 60 minutes. I'm impressed :)

Edit:
To maximise it though, doing cardio and resistance training in different sessions would be better.
I pay 13.20 a week (very cheap :D) one year contract though.. there's different plans though but its definately worth it! 15 bucks for ONE - one off session can u believe that! pfft ide rather pay 13.20 a week and be able to go everyday then just 15 bucks for one session!!

Last edited:

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC

hey clairgirl, i cant be bother to upload it. SO im going to burn it on a cd, i'll give it to asylum tomorrow, and he will give it to you because im remaining anonymous :D

is that ok?? :D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

SuGa BunI =D said:
hey clairgirl, i cant be bother to upload it. SO im going to burn it on a cd, i'll give it to asylum tomorrow, and he will give it to you because im remaining anonymous :D

is that ok?? :D
thats fine :) thank you! :D i'll upload it for all the fellas on here that wanna see it

and how come asy gets to know who you are and not eye :( *feels somewhat jealous*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

I need my skateboard back, or to play rugby again, ahh jimmy, get a soccer team going!

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC

clairegirl said:
thats fine :) thank you! :D i'll upload it for all the fellas on here that wanna see it

and how come asy gets to know who you are and not eye :( *feels somewhat jealous*

because asylum is a *spechcial* lad :rofl:
i'll give it to him around 3- 3.30 tomorrow. just make arrangement with him when ever its convenience for you :)

have fun working out ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

That's cos I was her mentor :p damn these stalkers and being my mentees :p

Tabris

HSC

*hopeful* said:
how do u do sit-ups while reading *confused*
Sit down read one page, once finished, drop the book, get on the floor and start crunching.

If u think 1 page is too fast and not enough break read and make notes, if u really have difficulty make it every 2-3 pages

HSC
N/A

I'm totally impressed with clairegirl's gym habits. Really, really impressed.

Unfortunately not really motivated enough to go do the same thing myself, but anyway :p

In other news... I found my camera! And I worked out how to use photobucket!

Being a paranoid thing, I've got a friend putting a watermark on the photo but as soon as the file finishes transferring I'll upload it onto photobucket, then I'll post it up here :D Hope y'all appreciate it... it took a lot of guts to do this. Guts on my brother's behalf! rofl, I almost had to beg him. The entire time he's like "this is so gay..." :p

Breakfast: 1 hash brown and a bacon and egg McMuffin. Yes, from maccas... I normally rotate between that, Banana Bread or ham and cheese croissant from RJ's, and today was the maccas day ;)

Lunch: 1 small egg pastry roll thingo, and a little bit of butterchicken/indian rice

Dinner will be another serving of indian.

Study: I thought I'd finished off BBA250, but oh no... my friend has brought my attention to all this other blah stuff I have to put into it :p I'm so disappointed... I thought I was finished!!! :'(

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

Here I am!

Couldn't resist the urge to strike a pose. Enjoy :p

PS: Yes, that's an actual bellydancing coinbelt, and yes, I know how to use it! :p

*hopeful*

HSC

lol interesting
now im probably goin 2 try that 4 the sake of it

edit: im talkin bout d reading+sit-ups

glitterfairy u got a mad body, lol luv d pose

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC

btw u got guts postin a pic in the maq forums *stalkers*

.........hmm dont think i've spotted u yet, but now if i do instead of goin hi glittterfairy i'll b like "bellydancer!!!" :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

glitterfairy said:
I'm totally impressed with clairegirl's gym habits. Really, really impressed.

Unfortunately not really motivated enough to go do the same thing myself, but anyway :p

In other news... I found my camera! And I worked out how to use photobucket!

Being a paranoid thing, I've got a friend putting a watermark on the photo but as soon as the file finishes transferring I'll upload it onto photobucket, then I'll post it up here :D Hope y'all appreciate it... it took a lot of guts to do this. Guts on my brother's behalf! rofl, I almost had to beg him. The entire time he's like "this is so gay..." :p

Breakfast: 1 hash brown and a bacon and egg McMuffin. Yes, from maccas... I normally rotate between that, Banana Bread or ham and cheese croissant from RJ's, and today was the maccas day ;)

Lunch: 1 small egg pastry roll thingo, and a little bit of butterchicken/indian rice

Dinner will be another serving of indian.

Study: I thought I'd finished off BBA250, but oh no... my friend has brought my attention to all this other blah stuff I have to put into it :p I'm so disappointed... I thought I was finished!!! :'(
Where's the vegetables/fruit woman! :p nah only kidding u don't need to lose weight so what your eating is fine. The hash brown is alil :s lol but if ur fine with it i am too :)

Yay I soo want to see your photos! Glitter just a question? You don't like your curves? coz i do! curves are hot honey... or is it a dancer thing?

I looked through my computer and there are a lot of "BEFORE" photos that I could put up once the time comes for the before/after shots :)

HSC
N/A

*hopeful* said:
btw u got guts postin a pic in the maq forums *stalkers*

.........hmm dont think i've spotted u yet, but now if i do instead of goin hi glittterfairy i'll b like "bellydancer!!!" :p
hahaha!

I'm normally really paranoid about photos... but I figure that somewhere along the line someone else will post up pictures of me (as bubz and lanelle have) and that it can actually be kinda fun... and since I obviously suck at stalking (I was standing next to Jamie and talking to him on and off for about 5-10 minutes before someone actually had to say "That's cyan from BOS" :p) then fine... everyone else can just come up to me instead! haha!

But please don't throw sticks and tennisballs at the bellydancer if you see her. That's happened to me once before, and that wasn't very nice :(

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

glitterfairy said:
Here I am!

Couldn't resist the urge to strike a pose. Enjoy :p

PS: Yes, that's an actual bellydancing coinbelt, and yes, I know how to use it! :p
Honey thats hawt! ;)

luv d pose, what sort of dancing is the outfit from?

Edit: my bad lol i just read the lil caption underneath it :p

HSC
N/A

clairegirl said:
Where's the vegetables/fruit woman! :p nah only kidding u don't need to lose weight so what your eating is fine. The hash brown is alil :s lol but if ur fine with it i am too :)

Yay I soo want to see your photos! Glitter just a question? You don't like your curves? coz i do! curves are hot honey... or is it a dancer thing?

I looked through my computer and there are a lot of "BEFORE" photos that I could put up once the time comes for the before/after shots :)
The hash browns I make at home (which is most of the time) are baked in the oven, so I imagine they're somewhat healthier... lol

And you have hit upon my down side. I almost never eat fruit and vegetables unless forced to, I know it's really bad :( I also never used to drink water, too (always cordial) until one year when I got really sick and stayed that way until a naturopath pointed out that my eating and drinking habits royally sucked, and that I should do something about it :p So that's another goal I have... to eat more healthily!!! Seriously. I eat like an eight year old. Most plain types of pasta and carb-based dishes are fine, but any vegetable other than potatos and carrots... :S

As for my curves, I'm a bit blah about them because I have such a high waist and like, no hips. The more curves I have, the more "up and down" I am and it's a bit depressing :( (hence why I'm very carefully doing a half-mya in the photo, because it makes me look as if I've got at least one hip ;))I also have this lower tummy thing because I have naturally weak lower abdominals, and the more curvy I get, the more curvy IT gets...

EDIT: Actually, maybe there is a dancer thing as well. Most of my dancer friends have beautiful genetics/proportions, and all have perfectly flat, six-pack stomachs :(

I like my curves on my upper half though! I'M NOT AN A-CUP ANYMORE! hahaha. I was an A-cup for about 6 years... I never really had anything against it, but I have to say it's fun having a focal point other than my sternum, rofl.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

clairegirl said:
Honey thats hawt! ;)

luv d pose, what sort of dancing is the outfit from?
That's actually my bikini top, and just one of my normal skirts ;)

When I get around to making my next belly dancing costume (one that fits me better), I'll post a photo up :) real belly dancing costumes are SO COOL with all the embellishments!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal toast with nutella

Lunch: Chicken soup

Dinner: Quarter Pounder meal + nuggets

Study: whats that? :(

HSC

wow go this thread
think i'll come mooch off u guys' motivation

1) How many kilos (approx) to get down to ideal weight?
Around 4 - i don't really go by kg
2) Reasons for being at current state
Gained quite a bit of weight during the hsc which i never really lost - plus i stress eat which is why i always gain a few and feel crap around this time of year
3) Why I want to loose weight
Be healthier, have more energy, look good in my old clothes so i don't have to buy new ones
4) How I plan to loose weight
Watching what i eat - i'm a calorie counter so it's prolly easier for me to post totals up than recording actual foods consumed - not sure what my aim a day is probably around 1200cals, 20 grams not too drastic i know but at this time of year i'm mainly trying to stop myself from stress-eating-procrastinating.
5) Subjects being studied at MQ (for potential studdybuddy purposes)
ACCG200, MKTG303, LAW314, LAW316
6) Academic goals
D's for law (good luck to me) and C's for the rest
7) How I plan to get my marks up
Keeping track of how many hours i put in a day so i don't trick myself into thinking i've done heaps when i've done nothing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)