• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The News And Pols Axes Of Evil (1 Viewer)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
withoutaface said:
The axis of random coolness should become the axis of irony.
withoutaface is named after a song by an overtly leftist band, but holds right wing views.
NTB holds some of the most well thought out opinions on the forum, quite contrary to what his username would suggest.
cherryblossom is a chinese girl named after a japanese flower.
lol, perhaps so. I demand reform! *bangs on table

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
spell check said:
beats conservatives

"abortion is murder and killing is evil"
"yay death penalty"
Well there is a difference between killing a foetus, which has done... nothing wrong, and killing a rapist who sodomised little girls then drove around the countryside wearing their skin.

But i don't think the death penalty is right, for other reasons.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well there is a difference between killing a foetus, which has done... nothing wrong, and killing a rapist who sodomised little girls then drove around the countryside wearing their skin.

But i don't think the death penalty is right, for other reasons.
of course there is. The death penalty...I'm not for or against it, really there are a number of pros and cons for it. In the US it's not at all a resource/cost efficient method of punishment....they sit there in jail all day, which is quite expensive, and can appeal right up to the day they're supposed to be executed, it doesn't seem just or fair to the victim, not the mention the taxpayers who fund the system...and the moral issues associated with it are tricky. But then again some people do deserve to be shot, including a number of ppl on this forum :rolleyes:

in third world countries, of course, they just take the criminal out and shoot him/her within a set time confine, I think it's a fortnight in China? so cost efficient, but the rights of the offender don't get much attention.

I'm glad they abolished it in Australia though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)