• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the OC (2 Viewers)

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Althea said:
That's exactly what I was thinking! Surely in a Newport beach mansion there would be enough rooms to spare one for Ryan!
when nanna cohen came didn't she have her own room?
but was hayley there then?
i thought she was but anyway
he could sleep on the lounge...
and for the size of his house his room ins timy
look at marissas old room and summers
its like double the size

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Althea said:
Seth: 'I mean, do you have parents or...' (something along those lines!)
I think this is the end:
Seth: "Why haven't I met him? I was beginning to wonder if you even had parents. I thought you were maybe, like, made in a lab or hatched in a pod or something."

Also about Summers dad not being shown till now, I think the story is he's always away on business, so she gets stuck with the "step monster" (the pill popper thats under stress).

Does anyone (like you download people) if channel ten cut a scene? Because I think that Theresa tells Kirsten and Seth that she's pregnant in this episode.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i didnt think much exciting stuff happened this week.. i dunno.. i jus wasnt as excited about the second ep of the week as i was last week..

only 2 to go!!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
has anyone else noticed the large amount of abercrombie and fitch/ lacoste stuff the cast wears? like not only the young un's but fuck even the dads and stuff...
i think their sponsored or something...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
mizz_smee said:
u must love LA
ur so protective of it!
You have no idea (how much I love it):). The ironic thing about it is that I have never been there:p!

mizz_smee said:
the OC is on tonight :D
i'm starting to have seth withdrawals
I went without watching "The O.C." for three weeks straight because I had to study! I was five episodes behind until this morning. I have caught up three of them though:D!

SpoRTsGaL said:
omg I have to watch the last ten mins!!!! I'll be upset if i miss it.. oh btw they have a really nice song at the end :)
There was also, "A Lack of Color" by "Death Cab For Cutie":cool:.

concession said:
Brody dies

and summer and the other chick go to jail
Jerk! Why did you have to ruin it for us:mad:?

SpoRTsGaL said:
the ending was really sweet though..
The ending was surprisingly good, a bit cliché but they did it well I think:).

SpoRTsGaL said:
And it really shat me that they showed part of the final episodes in that "preview" after the episode...
They have been doing that all season:vcross:! I try and avoid the previews now:).

SpoRTsGaL said:
and WOOT double next week! better for those who were worried that they'd miss the end!
I always get worried when they don't show the preview for the next week. I always get a bit worried they might be cancelling it:rolleyes:.

Last edited:

waterfowl

HSC
Merethrond said:
They have been doing that all season:vcross:! I try and avoid the previews now:).

I always get worried when they don't show the preview for the next week. I always get a bit worried they might be cancelling it:rolleyes:.
Kind of contradictory!?

And do u expect them to show nothing and just say "watch next week"? If they did that they wouldn't gain the extra audiences that might see the preview and go "that looks interesting".

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
eLmo said:
The whole airport thing with Seth and Anna wasn't as sad as I thought it would be, but I wish she would have stayed a little longer.. not for Seth, just as her own character rather than a Seth cling-on..
Anna looked a lot better in that episode. The hair style really suited her I think:). Also, I suppose I was getting to like her character a it more. I think I would rather her around than Luke:).

eLmo said:
I'm not liking Ryan so much at the moment, I find it a little hipocritical of him to say to Marrisa that things are over because of Oliver and then he turns into the Oliver of Theresa and Eddies relationship :rolleyes:
Ryan's character is beginning to get so unbelievable. He does so much stuff that there is no way a sixteen year old would do. He takes on too much responsibility (among other things) that makes his character seem a bit too unrealistic:(. His acting is still as bad as ever though:p.

Beckiki_S said:
I LOVE the music off the OC. There used to be a thread with all the songs from the OC but i cant find it... so does anybody want to rattle of some songs and artists.

The way we get by (Spoon) is like, brill.
This is the thread. There is also this website which has a list of all the songs played on "The O.C.":cool:.

Beckiki_S said:
I agree Channel 10 ruined it for me with the promo but they also completely threw me off track by saying "the love of seth's life" etc. I have to admit I almost believed they were getting back together and she was going to stay... but knew better because samaire armstrong was only a guest star.
I used to think that too but it isn't true. There are plenty of guest stars like Alan Dale that are credited as guest stars even though they are on most episodes. Although, if they were going to end up in a serious relationship she would be on every episode, hence being a permanent actress on the show:).

Last edited:

waterfowl

HSC
Merethrond said:
Ryan's character is beginning to get so unbelievable. He does so much stuff that there is no way a sixteen year old would do. He takes on too much responsibility (among other things) that makes his character seem a bit too unrealistic:(
Personally I don't find many of the happenstances in this show realistic :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Sasky said:
thanx for that Merethrond, def. watching it! ;)
What did you think of her in the interview? I think she looked so much older than eighteen (even more so than what she does on "The O.C."):eek:. She seemed like a nice enough person, even a bit shy. She looked so pretty with that hair style though:). I didn't realise that she isn't an American citizen either:).

piratedebbie said:
umm well yeh! luke's charcter is soooooooooooo cool! i love how stupid he is!one of the only ones that genuinely make me laugh, along with summer, they r so both oblivious
He went through a period of being funny, but not so much now I don't think:).

Althea said:
And to be honest, I think that the likes of Rachel Bilson will have more entertaining personalities to interview...
I would have thought Mischa would have been the more outspoken of the two but she seemed quite quite on the Late Show with David Letterman:).

tonberry_kun said:
anna > summer > marissa
Are you referring to their personalities in real life, on the show or looks? Looks wise I would currently say Marissa and then Summer and Anna tied but I frequently change my mind:p. Characters on the show would be Summer and Anna tied and then Marissa. I couldn't say in real life;).

eLmo said:
Thanks! :) Merethrond didn't want to include him in his av :p
Only because he wasn't supposed to be coming back for the second season. I might add him if he is going to stick around then:).

eLmo said:
mmm if ten are running it properly, they'll probably start season two before next winter.. but then if they want to screw around, they'll show it whenever they feel like it..
If at all:(.

_muse_ said:
aww man im gonna have some serious oc withdrawals soon...
That is the beauty of the season box set:cool:. I will be buying that as soon as it is released in Australia:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
waterfowl said:
Kind of contradictory!?
When the preview starts I turn off the television:).

waterfowl said:
And do u expect them to show nothing and just say "watch next week"? If they did that they wouldn't gain the extra audiences that might see the preview and go "that looks interesting".
They can give a short outline of the next episode but not tell us the whole story, or tell us what happens multiple episodes ahead:mad:.

waterfowl said:
Personally I don't find many of the happenstances in this show realistic :p
Hmm, some parts are and some parts aren't. That particular thing really stands out for me though:).

mizz_smee said:
wow ur back ... again
thought it had been awhile since i had seen u on here merethrond
Yeah, well I have had exams and now that it is the Summer break I want to enjoy them, not sit on the Internet all day:p.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Atotoi said:
Hahahaha Colin hanks is on there, thats really crazy considering he was on the "Orange County" movie, when i saw his name - i was sortve hoping for a cross over, but i suppose his role as Grady aint too bad.
Yeah, that was pretty cool:cool:.

Atotoi said:
hehe wow... Paris is hot!!! She had a hot pink aura...
Yeah, I think she is really pretty too. I thought that she would have had a bigger part. They made out like Seth and her were going to hook up but they didn't even come close:p. I also thought she was going to play Paris Hilton in the show, not someone else:p.

eLmo said:
She was so weird.. like how she was just walking/stalking all by herself.. I love it how she posed for the camera phone..
Yeah, it was a bit weird:).

SpoRTsGaL said:
that part was funny.... when Luke was playing pool and then Ryan says that to him and then Luke almost falls over and totally misses hitting the ball....
Haha, yeah that was well done:D!

mizz_smee said:
yeah she was
No she wasn't:p! Remember, she was studying at Graduate school:).

eLmo said:
^ Oh yeh ok I remember her..
I don't like her that much.. but she's better than Hayley ..and she's better for Jimmy too
No, I like Haley better. She is prettier too. That may be because I haven't seen Rachel in a while though:p.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
A few things I am surprised that no-one mentioned. You know on the drive to Tijuana when Summer was complaining about Seth's taste in music and that he was going to slow? Well they reused a few lines, but instead this time Seth was complaining about Ryan's taste in music and Ryan was complaining about how slow Seth was driving. The next thing was that they reused the "game play" sequence of dialogue:

e.g. SETH: So what is the GP, RA?"

Thirdly what was the go with Seth's Nana calling him Sethela? Haha. Lastly, what was Seth thinking when he called Natalie Portman hot? She is so overrated, in my opinion. By the way, Marissa looks so beautiful with her new hair style. That fringe really suits her in my opinion. I started off the season thinking she was very beautiful but then it kind of faded, but now she is back to her best:D.

They also had "Float On" by Modest Mouse":cool. That is such an awesome song:D!

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
Hey Merethrond! Welcome back - you exiled like I did when I had my exams :)!
Yeah thanks:).

Althea said:
And yay, I just bought the Mix 1 soundtrack - it's going to be awesome to listen to over summer :D!
It doesn't have enough of the songs on it though:(. If I ever get broadband I am going to try and download every song that they play on "The O.C.":cool:.

Althea

Merethrond said:
It doesn't have enough of the songs on it though:(. If I ever get broadband I am going to try and download every song that they play on "The O.C.":cool:.
True... but it has someone of my all time favourites like Finley Quaye & William Orbit - Dice (off the New Year's ep a while back - I love it :)!)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
True... but it has someone of my all time favourites like Finley Quaye & William Orbit - Dice (off the New Year's ep a while back - I love it :)!)
I will have to check that one out then:).

Althea said:
A while back, a few people mentioned that Season Two of the O.C. would be aired directly after the end of Season One... with all the 'summer TV' the network has lined up, however, I guess this might not happen now, hhhm? :(.
I think that was just a rumour. I never really believed it would happen though:(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)