• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The offical EE2 bitch and procastination thread (1 Viewer)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I finished!!!!!!! This is the first time I have ever met one of my study goals :p (well really this was my adjusted goal but who cares now!).

Now onto editing :D

I seriously can't believe it.

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
Sweets said:
I finished!!!!!!! This is the first time I have ever met one of my study goals :p (well really this was my adjusted goal but who cares now!).
wow, congratulations, thats really wonderful

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I know its soo great. Everyone we just have to keep on writing, cause we can totally do this. Ok, i know this goes against all the values of the bitch and procrastination thread but its a little late and i havn't eaten in a while, so i'm probably seeing my work as better then it is, so tomorrow i will be back bitching :D

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
Sweets said:
I know its soo great. Everyone we just have to keep on writing, cause we can totally do this. Ok, i know this goes against all the values of the bitch and procrastination thread but its a little late and i havn't eaten in a while, so i'm probably seeing my work as better then it is, so tomorrow i will be back bitching :D
thats very true, everything that perhaps opposes or sort of impedes us as students is maybe our self perception - we might be limited by what *we* perceive in what we're writing, if we compose work with which we feel content, hopefully some manifestation of that good energy can sort of transfer into the content of our works

HSC
N/A
Haha I know what will put Sweets back into a bitching mood. ;)

After she eats, that is... let her cherish the moment for now.

Then she can tackle the re-working ;)

monique66

little to her knowledge it's the re-working thats a bitch, not the writing...

J

jhakka

I actually quite liked editing my work. Read it over a few times looking for spelling mistakes and whatnot. Write your own comments in the margings, circle/cross out words you don't want and write suggestions. And then re-type the whole damn thing.

Good fun. I did it three times at least. :D

HSC
N/A
Thank you Monique! :D

Admittedly I found the writing and reworking equally as challenging, although in different ways. The writing bit was stressful in the sense of "OMG WHAT AM I GOING TO WRITE? FIRST DRAFT DUE NEXT WEEK!" kinda way, reworking was more "OMG HOW AM I GOING TO MAKE THIS WORK?" kinda way.

At least, in the reworking, you *have* stuff down - it's just a matter of refining. For anyone else up to this point - don't flip out if your story goes in an entirely new direction with an entirely different feel. This is just your story developing - sometimes, to make the story work as a whole, you have to change the beginning... and then you have to change the feel to make everything work a lot better, and so on and so on. :)

EDIT: adding on

You feel a lot more satisfied when you rework, I found. It gives you a really warm and fuzzy feeling when you see your first draft turn into something a lot more "finished".

Last edited:

monique66

jhakka said:
I actually quite liked editing my work. Read it over a few times looking for spelling mistakes and whatnot. Write your own comments in the margings, circle/cross out words you don't want and write suggestions. And then re-type the whole damn thing.

Good fun. I did it three times at least. :D
did you do a short story then?
I think its different with a script, its painful having to make sure everything connects visually and then whats on the page has to be short and concise at the same time...i think writing it was much easier than it is to edit...bah!

J

jhakka

Yeah, I did a short story, so most of my comments are centred around that.

A script would obviously be more technical, and probably more tedious.

monique66

glitterfairy said:
Thank you! :D

Admittedly I found the writing and reworking equally as challenging, although in different ways. The writing bit was stressful in the sense of "OMG WHAT AM I GOING TO WRITE? FIRST DRAFT DUE NEXT WEEK!" kinda way, reworking was more "OMG HOW AM I GOING TO MAKE THIS WORK?" kinda way.

At least, in the reworking, you *have* stuff down - it's just a matter of reworking. For anyone else up to this point - don't flip out if your story goes in an entirely new direction with an entirely different feel. This is just your story developing - sometimes, to make the story work as a whole, you have to change the beginning... and then you have to change the feel to make everything work a lot better, and so on and so on. :)
wow...that was really insightful because it reflects my situation exactly (not to give too much away but the structure of mine is-different- to say the least) Writing it and then changing the structure (because its a screenplay) is far more challenging than getting it out, but at least there is something to go from :rolleyes:

HSC
N/A
Probably because there's so much more to think about the second time - the first draft is about getting it done, and second one has to refine it and make it work as a whole - ie you have to carry all the little bits and pieces around in your head to remind yourself that everything has to work with everything else.

Trippy...!!! haha!

monique66

I officially declare my love for everybody in this thread.

Without you i wouldn't be sane. :)

Tish_88

HSC
omgosh?? some ppl have started editing????? hahaha im officially screwed, whens this thing due?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
My work is sooo shit and it's supposed to be funny but it's just boring and I;m so bored of it and I can't think of an ending for it and it SUCKS big-time! I don't want to touch it ever again!

Sorry, just thought I'd bring this thread back on to topic.

But really, you extension 2'ers kick ass!

Glad you are still sane damnation.

monique66

Complete- August 23
Hand in- 24

and don't worry, just because i've started editing doesn't mean its any good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)