The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (2 Viewers)

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
bazookajoe said:
England 1-0 Paraguay

Probably Lampard to score, if not then Owen

EDIT: Some breaking news, the Togo coach has quit as the players are disagreeing with the Football Assocation about bonuses or something.
Yep, both the coach and his assistant. CNN said the Prime Minister is now flying over to Germany to mediate between the players and the FA over pay-packets. Bloody sad stuff if you're a Togo supporter.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
that togo situation is quite sad ... why cant they just be happy playing for their country?

tempco

HSC
RUB!X said:
that togo situation is quite sad ... why cant they just be happy playing for their country?
I doubt it's anything to do with the players themselves.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
pete_mate said:
you're a motherfucker
Why?

Pretty scrappy first half. Neither team making any major inroads, but Paraguay looking particularly unimaginative/overawed. That Parades guy is a hell of a cheat.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
England look ok at the moment...hopefully they can be more creative in the 2nd half. Becks is having a good game. England look particularly dangerous from set pieces.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
matt#1 said:
England look particularly dangerous from set pieces.
They always do.

Like the SBS panel is discussing now, it seems like a waste for the Poms to be bypassing their MF quartet and focussing on the long-ball approach, especially seeing as Crouch is being pulled-up for so many aerial fouls. Gerrard might want to go a little easy as well, taking into account his yellow card and injury.

England seem too content on sitting on their lead and playing on the counter. I don't feel there's any need for that.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
Like the SBS panel is discussing now, it seems like a waste for the Poms to be bypassing their MF quartet and focussing on the long-ball approach, especially seeing as Crouch is being pulled-up for so many aerial fouls.
The Boy Wonder will fix such problems when he returns, providing a creative link between the midfield and Owen up front :) . Joe Cole, Gerrard, etc do need to make more runs forward though instead of just hoofing the ball towards Crouch.

Owen substituted for Downing. Interesting change. I really wish that England would capitalise on their lead.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I got owned in TAB again, England didn't do it fo me. Lacklustre 1-0 win, they can blame the conditions all they want but they're just plain shit witout Rooney. Beatin Brazil will be out of the question.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bazookajoe said:
England 1-0 Paraguay

Probably Lampard to score, if not then Owen

EDIT: Some breaking news, the Togo coach has quit as the players are disagreeing with the Football Assocation about bonuses or something.
;) I'm available

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
I got owned in TAB again, England didn't do it fo me. Lacklustre 1-0 win, they can blame the conditions all they want but they're just plain shit witout Rooney. Beatin Brazil will be out of the question.
Yeah, it was pretty disappointing really. Joe Cole, Lampard, Becks and Gerrard has to be one of the most potent midfields in the world...and yet for some reason it can't gel together as an effective unit. I don't really like Peter Crouch though. Nothing against him in particular...I just think that his height advantage leads to England hoofing forward alot of long balls instead of taking the ball forward. At the end of the day though...England pick up 3 points and still have plenty of time to improve :) .

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Yeah, it was pretty disappointing really. Joe Cole, Lampard, Becks and Gerrard has to be one of the most potent midfields in the world...and yet for some reason it can't gel together as an effective unit. I don't really like Peter Crouch though. Nothing against him in particular...I just think that his height advantage leads to England hoofing forward alot of long balls instead of taking the ball forward. At the end of the day though...England pick up 3 points and still have plenty of time to improve :) .
Gee you're really startin to develop love fo this England team Matty, sound like a real optimistic Pom. :)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I did draw/Sweden fo the HT/FT double at 5.45 against T&T. What you think...?
I'd probably go Sweden for both HT/FT, although at $5.45 it's probably worth the bet. Sweden have a tendency of late goals, so it could very well happen.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
I did draw/Sweden fo the HT/FT double at 5.45 against T&T. What you think...?
With Ibrahimovic, Larsson, Ljungberg, etc...you'd better hope that the Trinidad and Tobago keeper has a good first half. It is possible, but unlikely (hence the good odds). I think that Sweden will win 3-0. Hopefully for your sake all of those goals are scored in the second half :) .

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
With Ibrahimovic, Larsson, Ljungberg, etc...you'd better hope that the Trinidad and Tobago keeper has a good first half. It is possible, but unlikely (hence the good odds). I think that Sweden will win 3-0. Hopefully for your sake all of those goals are scored in the second half :) .
It doesn't look very likely if trends are anythin to go by. All 3 games so far have had goals scored in the first half.

Oh well TAB is startin to eat too much of my money, I think I'll stop once I've lost $100. :D

Big game at 5am, should I stay up that late to watch it...? I got work tomorrow at 5:30pm-3am...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)