The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Komit said:
Australia will own Asia. Simple.
Well said. Couldn't have put it any better myself.:)

Also...now that the beautiful game is known as 'football' in this country...shouldn't the socceroos instead be called the footballroos?

...It just dosen't have the same ring to it does it :(.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Lucas Neil will be on Sunrise next monday.
He's planning to kick a few balls/meet people in martin place as well.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Rafy said:
Lucas Neil will be on Sunrise next monday.
He's planning to kick a few balls/meet people in martin place as well.
Sweet shall give me a chance to get my Neil jersey signed!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
matt#1 said:
What I meant to say was that Portugal has let in the equal least amount of goals of any team remaining in the tournament.

As for your tip that England might beat Portugal in extra time...I'm not going to argue with you about that. Without Deco and possibly Ronaldo out...and so many yellow-carded players having to take it easy...deep down I think that this makes England slight favourites as well. We are still more than capable of winning though, especially if a fully-fit Ronaldo plays.
I think its pretty even with deco and costinho out. and ronaldo not fully fit. I think england is a one man team -Beckham. Basically just give the ball to him, he will send crouch and wait for the lazy defender to put his head and then earn an own goal..

never liked the poms and never will. Wait for the ashes, i think they will get hammered.. by some new stars of aussies cricket.

as for soccer, its a disgrace to the football that these referees still have their jobs and are continue to referree in the quarter-finals. It just shows, that this sport needs radicalisation of all forms, otherwise as they say soccer = sissies and italians proved it against AUstralia.

SO did Rivavldo against Turkey, and the croation dude with three yellow cards.
They all claim that this is the biggest tournament in the world? - i dont know if it deserves that kind of recognition, of course the olympics is the true biggest.

anyway, soccer was not my sport and it will never will be. this world cup - (happened to be world cup in which i watched) has just showed, that soccer isnt the world game. its not the beautiful game - its the game of th epussies. and for Australia to be finally qualify for the world cup and then be part of the one which is just so disgraceful , and for teams like Ukraine and Ghana first timers - it just isnt rite.

mecurial

HSC
HotShot said:
They all claim that this is the biggest tournament in the world? - i dont know if it deserves that kind of recognition, of course the olympics is the true biggest.

Bahahahaha!

Except for maybe athletics and swimming, the Olympics mean fuck-all.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
HotShot said:
I think its pretty even with deco and costinho out. and ronaldo not fully fit. I think england is a one man team -Beckham. Basically just give the ball to him, he will send crouch and wait for the lazy defender to put his head and then earn an own goal..

never liked the poms and never will. Wait for the ashes, i think they will get hammered.. by some new stars of aussies cricket.

as for soccer, its a disgrace to the football that these referees still have their jobs and are continue to referree in the quarter-finals. It just shows, that this sport needs radicalisation of all forms, otherwise as they say soccer = sissies and italians proved it against AUstralia.

anyway, soccer was not my sport and it will never will be. this world cup - (happened to be world cup in which i watched) has just showed, that soccer isnt the world game. its not the beautiful game - its the game of th epussies. and for Australia to be finally qualify for the world cup and then be part of the one which is just so disgraceful , and for teams like Ukraine and Ghana first timers - it just isnt rite.
You speak with so much hate :)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
HotShot said:
1. fifa has more participating countries than the ioc
"The world and his wife enjoy the Olympics but the world, the cook, the thief, his wife and her lover are totally consumed by the World Cup."
HotShot said:
soccer isnt the world game.
of course not, its only the most popular team sport in the world... so what do you think is the world game? (and i dont believe fishing counts as a sport, despite guiness book of world records)

robbie1

HSC
I spoke to someone yesterday who went to school with Lucas Neill.

Guess what...Lucas Neill HATES WOGS

If I ever see him Im gonna throw an egg in his fucking face.

What do you think of your boyfriend now Minka?

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
HotShot said:

HotShot - I don't agree with your argument here. Football is the biggest, most popular team sport in the world and as other have said in this thread, the FIFA World Cup is alot bigger than the Olympic Games. To say the opposite is just ridiculous - FIFA has more member nations that the United Nations for fuck's sake - (FIFA 205, UN 191). As I have said earlier, it is unfortunate that you have seen the ugly side of football, but there is an ugly side to all sports. The Italians are renowned for cheating both on and off the pitch.

And teams like Ukraine and Ghana not right??? I don't understand - please explain.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I love it how SMH said every single Australian match had controversy from the refs. What a joke.

^___^
HSC
bazookajoe said:
I love it how SMH said every single Australian match had controversy from the refs. What a joke.
in some ways, yes..controversy,no

the japan's goal was purely an error..not some conspiracy..whereas the brazil game, well...you be the judge
the croatia game was just a comedy fest..so eh

otay

HSC
robbie1 said:

OMG OMG I just spoke to a prostitute that Croatia's Simunic knows well

......and she said that he saod didn't wanna play for Australia coz he HATE SKIPS.

Omg if I ever see him i'm gonna grill him on the barbie with a shrimp while I drink a vb.

otay

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Controversy - a state of dispute or disagreement

Japan Game - Japan's goal when Shwarzer was fould, Cahill's tackle after scoring first goal could have resulted in penalty for Japan

Brazil Game- Grella tackle on Ronaldo could have been at least a yellow, penalty count was a ridiculous 25-9 with just about all 50-50 decisions going Brazil's way

Croatia Game - Where to start. Viduka getting tackled in penalty box, handball in box not given as penalty, Kewell offside for Australia's 2nd goal, Simunic receiving 2 yellow cards without being shown red then getting a 3rd and finally a red after the final whistle, ref blowing whistle seemingly as Aloisi was kicking the ball into the goal (more like a state of confusion)

Italy Game - Handball in Italy penalty box by Zambrotta missed, Materazzi's red card, the final penalty.

So yeah there was definetly controversy in all of Australia's matches. Both for and against as I have shown in all games. But it is clear that most of it was against us. If any1 else can think of some add, but there can be no doubt that there wasn't controversy in each of our games. Whether it is a conspiracy or not, I don't believe so.

Jiga

What a champion, Lucas Neill for Prime Minister!

As for controversary, there was, Australia got f*cked over in every game.

Last edited by a moderator:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Predictions:

Germany vs Argentina
Italy vs Ukraine
Portugal vs England
Brasil vs France

tempco

HSC
Germany vs Argentina (2-0)
Italy vs Ukraine (1-0)
Portugal vs England (1-0)
Brasil vs France (2-1)

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)