The Official 2007 AFL Thread (1 Viewer)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Their midfield also genuinely lacks any pace despite plenty of talent in there which is disappointing. Nick Stevens was their only genuine form of pace and class however he's not a hard in-and-under player and plays more of a sweeping role.
See I think Carltons midfield lack any talent let alone any pace. They have a big problem and I am just glad I'm not there coach. Maybe they should get Paul Roos to coach them

SyCoTiC

HSC
They're throwing Betts into the thick of the action and it's paying dividends and they have two young prospects in Murphy and Gibbs who can really become premier midfielders as they mature. There's plenty of talent in there I think. =)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
I hope the swannies can smash the Saints by more than 50. But, any win is a good win :D

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
The tigers smashed collingwod. There goes collingwoods credability

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i really doubt swans can smash the saints by half a century...theyre playing good football like us now, so id expect the margin for the winning side to be no more than 20 points....unless either one of them plays superbly or one of them playing horribly shit

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
now were just one win outside the top 4
if we continue our good run of form, then were almost certainly to be entrenched in the top 4.
round of upsets continue :D

adders

HSC
Another comfortable win for the mighty cats - minor premiership wrapped looking forward to the finals

SyCoTiC

HSC
Cats vs Kangas this weekend! Can't wait to see that.. Kangas were the last team to beat Cats in Round 5.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
with the cats form, theyll probably blow away the kangas
theyre too inconsistent.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
jemsta said:
with the cats form, theyll probably blow away the kangas
theyre too inconsistent.
cats have nothing to play for at the moment but pride. They may ease off

SyCoTiC

HSC
Kangas gave West Coast a run for their money but I still don't think they're premiership contenders. West Coast had a labouring Judd and Embley out for the game to make it a 2 man bench and still couldn't crack the game wide open in the last quarter with the momentum swinging their way. I think calling Kangas inconsistent is way off - They are definitely a different side and their position on the ladder spells it out. Cats will still win but I think they'll be getting a scare.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
it really depends which team turns up to play better football...im not saying that the kangas might not win, but even with the cats clinching the minor premiership, theyre still gonna play like they did before and need all the gametime and 'improvement' they can get once the final starts happening.

our 18 point loss doesnt seem so bad after all. The lions and swans game should be a cracker of a match.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
swans absolutely annihilating the hawks atm...this is the form that we like to see and prove to the rest of the competition that if were on top of our game, were pretty much impossible to beat.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
jemsta said:
swans absolutely annihilating the hawks atm...this is the form that we like to see and prove to the rest of the competition that if were on top of our game, were pretty much impossible to beat.
but can they keep that form into next week? The swans hae been able to put together 2 good weeks all season

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
you mean hasn't?

i seriously doubt the swans can go all the way this year, not with the inconsistency they have been playing with. 4 straight wins, when was the last time that happened?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)