The Official 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread (2 Viewers)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I find it embarrassing that people in Australia are still following England when we're in il coppa

It's not like we'd have them as a 2nd team in the Rugby WC, lol

tonyyyyy

HSC
Itll obviously be a brazil v spain final...........pretty even id say, but id tip spain just...
For the 3rd/4th playoff id say england v holland (i no, a roughie)

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
Itll obviously be a brazil v spain final...........pretty even id say, but id tip spain just...
For the 3rd/4th playoff id say england v holland (i no, a roughie)
This. Maybe Argentina in 3/4.

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
Yeah but they've got Messi, Higuian, Tevez, Aguero and Milito up front. Gotta mean something.

Mongoosee

HSC
N/A
hey guys mongoose here!

argentina will be defeated by nigeria and korea in group stages

ar7

HSC
Yeah but they've got Messi, Higuian, Tevez, Aguero and Milito up front. Gotta mean something.
at most, 3 of these guys will be on the pitch at the same time. football is an 11 man game. you do not realise that a lot of the argentinian midfield is comprised of south american based players who lack the speed and fitness of the other european teams. im south american myself, but its a sad fact that european football gets the job done. nevertheless, the name of the game is to score more goals than the opposition.

also, spain is awesome on paper.... paper has never won a world cup. these guys are perennial chokers. if they do hold it together, im afraid only brasil at their best can match them.

we shall see though and this is the beauty of the world cup

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
Still, they'll have a solid bench.

I don't know much about their defence but they do have a solid holding midfielder in Mascherano. Albeit hot-headed and one of the most likely to get sent off. I reckon they'll do alright, even with a suspect manager.

Still, Spain ftw.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
In defence they have Burdisso, Heinze and CL winning Walter Samuel. Not as good as Brazil, but not bad

A lot will depend on the performance of Masche, since they've been playing him as their only DM... if he gets himself sent off they could be vulnerable

EDIT: as for attack, Milito, Tevez and Aguero will likely come off the bench. Maradona's starting 11 will be a 4-4-1-1, with Higuain up front and Messi in a free role.

Last edited:

ar7

HSC
of course they will cruise in the group stages, but come the tough encounters against strong european teams, they will falter. the european defensive press on messi will almost certainly shut him down. everyone saw how low inter had to resort to stopping him, its almost a given everyone will try to copy when versing argentina, and sooner or later, they will lose a crucial game.

spain is undeniably brilliant individually, though they have only won the euros in 08 and at world cups they always bomb out. good for them if they do win.

ar7

HSC
heinze makes so many mistakes its not funny. these defenders are too old and slow to combat the fast european counter attacks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)