The Official Football Thread 08/09 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Evertonian said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Liverpool v Everton 4th round Fa cup

*cries*

Thats fucking bullshit

2 weeks in a row its liverpool v everton
Well you lot better win one of those 2 games. ;)

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Groucho Marxist said:
He should. But ol 'Arry isn't like that. It's a massive, massive weakness in his managerial career: he's great in a relegation scrapfight (which is why Spurs hired him) but if they want to get into the top 4, he is definitely not the man.

Anyway, just wanted to ask something. As an Arsenal fan, who would you like to see Wenger sign to replace Fabregas? If I were an Arsenal fan I would probably want Xabi Alonso.
Yeah, i would like to see a box to box midfielder who is as sound defensively as he is capable of going forward. a player in the mould of the likes of y.toure, alonso, ireland or carrick

Apparently, arsharvin is on his way to arsenal, but he will most probably be thrown out wide as is what arsenal generally do with their attacking midfielders (nasri, rosicky, hleb).

If i had to choose one player who has been linked with arsenal to replace fabregas, it would probably be alonso also.

HSC
Arshavin has been linked to Arsenal but in theory it's a risky buy, considering he's never played in the English league and he isn't as sound defensively as he is offensively.

Ireland, Toure, Alonso and Carrick would all be good..

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Evertonian said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Liverpool v Everton 4th round Fa cup

*cries*

Thats fucking bullshit

2 weeks in a row its liverpool v everton
Can't wait.

kuytbird

HSC
love the dummy then the pidge. Thankyou, very much.

Pool vs Everton. Should be good, def trying to get into a bar for that one.

Tevez isnt happy with contract negotiations.....

Last edited:
HSC
man u won't let him go
they need at least 3 capable strikers and besides, tevez says "he's happy at man u"

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Why would he be happy though?

He is stuck behind Rooney, who fluctuates between brilliant and awful with alarming regularity, and Berbatov, who for all his undeniable talent is essentially lazy. Tevez, meanwhile, works his arse off, tracks back, and scores the odd goal or two. I cannot fathom why Fergie only gives him 30 mins max a game.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Another $100 collect for me yay!

Never underestimate the power of a manager winning on debut. Thats why $10 for Derby at home was ridiculous so i put a tenner on it. I doubled that up from the weekend when i backed Forest at City in the FA Cup. Insulting odds of 8-1 for Forest and they duly salute.

Btw, how did Hulse miss that second late on? Oh dear!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
whatashotbyseve said:
Never underestimate the power of a manager winning on debut. Thats why $10 for Derby at home was ridiculous so i put a tenner on it. I doubled that up from the weekend when i backed Forest at City in the FA Cup. Insulting odds of 8-1 for Forest and they duly salute.

Btw, how did Hulse miss that second late on? Oh dear!
Actually Nigel Clough doesn't actually start til today (which is the day after the game), while it was their academy coach David Lowe who took charge for the game.

Nice bet you did there, I might've put $50 on Derby myself, but that's just not cool, wishing my team to lose. :D

samwell

HSC
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Man U beaten by Derby
I hope they get that unlucky wen playing chelsea

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
UltimateSupremo said:
wth man u lost to derby...
you're kidding right?
i didn't even bother waking up for that game cos i thought it was going to be a complete mauling.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Why's it so surprising. Remember Arsenal were beaten by Burnley and Chelsea got knocked out by them too in this Crappy Beer Cup.

HSC
Izzay said:
you're kidding right?
i didn't even bother waking up for that game cos i thought it was going to be a complete mauling.
He's serious. Replay on now I think (if you're interested)

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
yeah, after reading the post i jumped on fox sports to see the highlights.

what a joke.

the same derby that scored less than man united conceded, and conceded more than man united scored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)