• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i do too, Crouch is a good (i mean tall) target man, but cisse has speed, hunger and it looks like more strength (but each time i see crouch he looks awkward)

Cisse is definately faster and more of a threat than crouch, but benitez must have something planned that involves crouch's style of play

but hey, we arent benitez, and we didnt take the team to CL glory :p

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Ilija said:
I'm interested on people's thoughts on Liverpool's Striker Cisse'. IMO I think he is better than Crouch and he deserves a bigger position at the club. Rather than occasional starter.

I'd definitely like to see Cisse given a decent run up front, instead of being played out of position on the right all the time. :rolleyes:

But yeah Crouch is Rafa's favourite so i guess we'll continue to see a lot more of him...

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
Maybe Rafa will keep Crouch until he scores and then say 'see he can score' then bench him for the rest of the season.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
flyin' said:
Remember Prso in Monaco two seasons ago against Depor.
Yeah I've made a mistake
Therez actually been 4 playerz who have scored 4 in one game, but Sheva iz the only one to do so away from home.

^___^
HSC
hahaha

Crouch seems more of a tactical player, than like a scoring player
i mean he causes a lot of trouble for the opponent's defence, and this allows room for midfield and his striking partner a lot more room up front..

ie look at how owen scored against argentina, he was basically unmarked for both goals, cos the defenders were too focused on marking Crouch during long balls...

T

timbk2

atm rafa only really has 3 choices at right wing... and thats pretty much rotated between gerrard,garcia and cisse. hopefully, we bring in Simao or joaquin in january so the other players can play their normal positions.. i've love to see cisse get a good run starting in the striking role.. rather than coming off the bench for crouch.. or playing on the right wing.. waste of a talented striker.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Give Crouch a free transfer. Fucken bastard. Joaquin would be an awesome signing. I am still waiting for Pablo Aimar to come, but no luck.

^___^
HSC
aimar to liverpool?

jeebus
what kind of central midfield is that

gerrard(he is better off in the centre)
skissko
hamann
POTTER!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Sissoko hasn't impressed me that much to be honest. He has promise though.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
FINAL HOURS FOR DYING BEST
Professor Roger Williams has revealed the sad news that George Best's hours are now numbered, although he is still alive.

One of the greatest footballers of all time is on his deathbed at the age of 59, unable to recover from internal bleeding that has now affected his lungs.

"I think many of you already know this morning that I'm afraid Mr Best is coming to the end of the long road of his ill health," said Williams, Best's physician.

"The situation is, medically, the intensive care team and everybody concerned have managed to cope with, pretty well, all the complications except the one that's happened again during the night which you know about. This bleeding which, although it has been replaced, has now affected the lungs and other parts.

"There is really no return from that situation. It's just not possible to recover from that episode that he's had during the night and is now faced with.

"He is still alive, still having standard medical care and treatment but I have to tell you that his hours are numbered now. It's all very upsetting for all of us who have looked after him.

"I can't be precise as to time but it is the final stages of the illness and I'm afraid he could die at any time over the next 24 hours," said Williams. "I'd be very surprised if he survives another 24 hours."

Williams revealed the star's family, including son Callum, were in attendance and preparing themselves for the inevitable.

"I think they accept what is going to happen," he explained.

"He's not in any pain but he is still alive, although with complications in the lung that one is never able to reverse when that happens.

"He's not conscious or aware [of his family's presence].

"I think we're all very upset."

What a shame. As a Man U fan it's sad to hear this and know theres nothing they can do to save him. He'l always be remembered as a legend for what he did on the field though

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
Komit said:
I agree, he hasn't done too much, but he looks like he is going to get better as the season goes.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Leave Crouch alone. He was by all accounts terrific yesterday. Also Liverpool have been scoring a lot more freely with him playing than without him playing. All he needs is a fluky goal to get some confidence.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
A2RAYA said:
What a shame. As a Man U fan it's sad to hear this and know theres nothing they can do to save him. He'l always be remembered as a legend for what he did on the field though
Alwayz will be a legend
Itz a shame that alcohol got the better of him

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
flyin' said:
flyin''s Chelski Dream Team 2006/7
{Cech, Rikky, Terry, Gallas, Maka, Essien, Lamps(c), Duff, Cole/Robben, Guddy, Sheva}
So Sheva is a target for the Blues again, is he? I thought yous lost interest.

Ilija said:
I'm interested on people's thoughts on Liverpool's Striker Cisse'. IMO I think he is better than Crouch and he deserves a bigger position at the club. Rather than occasional starter.
Crouch is a great target man. Just cant score. Cisse has proved to be a bit of a rogue, a great player on his day, but can have games where you dont see him. Im sure he'd be in the starting eleven now if he didnt break his leg last year. I think hes headed to Marseille in January

Komit said:
He's done three fifths of fuck all.

A2RAYA said:
There was something done to save him. He was given a liver transplant a few years back, but he got back on the drink. I have little sympathy for him.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
There was something done to save him. He was given a liver transplant a few years back, but he got back on the drink. I have little sympathy for him.
True, even hiz wife made an outburst sayin the liver donor had donated to an alcoholic. But what that man did on the field waz magical. He ain't the only footballer to succumb to alcohol.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
timbk2 said:
atm rafa only really has 3 choices at right wing... and thats pretty much rotated between gerrard,garcia and cisse. hopefully, we bring in Simao or joaquin in january so the other players can play their normal positions.. i've love to see cisse get a good run starting in the striking role.. rather than coming off the bench for crouch.. or playing on the right wing.. waste of a talented striker.
wtf happened to nunez?

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
I don't think Rafa is being stubborn or anything of that sort, in insisting to start Crouch ahead of Cisse. Actually, it might just suit his tactics as Crouch is a target man for the Reds, he obviously does a good job of holding up the ball; creating space; and thus creating scoring opportunities for his teammates. Then after ~65-70 mins. when the opposition defenders begin tiring, bring on Cisse whose got good skill on the ground and will run at the defence, in doing so, causing much more damage. Neither player is complete, therefore you use them at different times during the match proper. But ultimately, if your CF, in this case Crouch, isn't finding the back of the net, 'issues' people.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
that's true...and very much tactical (what benitez would do)

in another story...regarding arsenal -

Arsenal rocked by defensive crisis
From correspondents in London
November 25, 2005

ARSENAL'S hopes of catching English Premier League leaders Chelsea suffered a setback overnight when left backs Ashley Cole and Gael Clichy were sidelined until at least the New Year.

The Gunners, 11 points behind league leaders Chelsea, will have to manage without their two leading left backs in the December clash against their London rivals, but also for their January 2 home game against Manchester United.

Manager Arsene Wenger had initially been hoping that Cole, who has been out with a fractured bone in his foot since early October, could be fit for the festive program.

However, he has now revealed the left-back will not return until January at the earliest, while Clichy is facing up to four months on the sidelines with a similar injury.

"Gael Clichy had surgery last night (Wednesday). The only thing I can say at this stage is the earliest it will be is three months, reasonably four months," said Wenger.

"As for Ashley Cole, the earliest he will be back is the beginning of January."

Wenger has so far used centre-back Pascal Cygan as an emergency left-back, although Lauren came on as a substitute for the Frenchman in the midweek win against FC Thun in the Champions League.

Cygan is nevertheless set to be fit for Saturday's home game against Blackburn Rovers, while Arsenal's emergency left-back cover will also be tested out by the likes of Bolton, Newcastle, Chelsea and Portsmouth in December.

The Gunners then face United on January 2 before the FA Cup third round the following weekend, when Cole may attempt his comeback.

Midfielder Alexander Hleb could be ready to return to action after a knee injury for the final Champions League group tie on December 7.

Jens Lehmann and Gilberto should also return after resting back and ankle injuries in midweek.

Agence France-Presse

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
This sucks for Arsenal and indeed their fans. The left side is definitely the weak side for them. Cygan who like the article said is a CB looks really odd in that position becasue he hasnt quite grasped the role of a FB/WB, and watching the Wigan game, he was beaten on a couple of accasions. He also made clumsy challanges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)