• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Cygan iz the best, full stop. :p
Well Arsenal can't defend anyway, so they'll prob go gung-ho all the way against Roverz. If Henry getz a knock then they'll prob lose out to a Paul Dickov strike. Come on Paul, do it fo yo fellow Scot Fergie. :D

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Cygan iz the best, full stop. :p
Well Arsenal can't defend anyway, so they'll prob go gung-ho all the way against Roverz. If Henry getz a knock then they'll prob lose out to a Paul Dickov strike. Come on Paul, do it fo yo fellow Scot Fergie. :D
True Arsenal can't defend, doesnt help with Injured players, but thats the way the cookie crumbles. I don't think Cygan is the best, like I said he just looked out of place in the FB role.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ilija said:
True Arsenal can't defend, doesnt help with Injured players, but thats the way the cookie crumbles. I don't think Cygan is the best, like I said he just looked out of place in the FB role.
Cygan don't have the attributez of a full back, so it would be expected that he'll struggle in the position. He ain't bad in the central role to be honest, a great back up, although both Chelsea and Man U have better onez in reserve.

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Cygan don't have the attributez of a full back, so it would be expected that he'll struggle in the position. He ain't bad in the central role to be honest, a great back up, although both Chelsea and Man U have better onez in reserve.

I never said he was a bad CB, he as actually quite good IMO, but like the Commentator said in the Wigan V Arsenal, with a CB you allways have cover if you make a mistake from the other CB, where as on the flanks there isn't as much. He just hasn't got used too defending as a FB.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Cygan is shit, full stop. He's the most overpaid player in the league. If Wenger just sacked him and poured the excess $$$ into Henry's paypacket, then maybe he would resign.

Moyes is set to offload Richard Wright. He more or less said he has done shite and wants a new keeper to backup Martyn. He also is in the market for a new striker.

Oh, and Paul Dickov is a legend.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Cygan is shit, full stop. He's the most overpaid player in the league. If Wenger just sacked him and poured the excess $$$ into Henry's paypacket, then maybe he would resign.

Moyes is set to offload Richard Wright. He more or less said he has done shite and wants a new keeper to backup Martyn. He also is in the market for a new striker.

Oh, and Paul Dickov is a legend.
Cygan gets paid?!

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
braad said:
Cygan gets paid?!

Something like AU$50000 a week. Fuckn ridiculous, but then again Im just jealous that other talentless players can get that cash.

But I wouldnt dare call him a gypsie, do that on a UK forum and you would be shot. You're only allowed to do that in the terraces :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
So Sheva is a target for the Blues again, is he? I thought yous lost interest.
We're always in the market for a world class striker - and they can't come cheap so we're up.

Cisse: finishing is questionable at times, but like most French strikers - pace and strength in abundance. But being quick isn't everything.

Crouch: two more months of sympathy, before he'll be staying put (on the bench).

Cygan: wasn't he the up-and-coming French defender from some club in France that wasn't famous and has played in a couple of internationals? Arsene Wenger thought so. Only weaknesses include: lack of - acceleration, positional sense, strength, tackling, all round defending.

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
Benny_ said:
Sheva has far too much class to go to a club like Chelsea.

There's enough 'class' players in Chelsea already, no need for Sheva. It would just add sorrows too all the Man U and Arse fans, if Chelsea had Sheva they might as well give 'em the championship for the next five or so years.

Ilija

Swinger
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Something like AU$50000 a week. Fuckn ridiculous, but then again Im just jealous that other talentless players can get that cash.

But I wouldnt dare call him a gypsie, do that on a UK forum and you would be shot. You're only allowed to do that in the terraces :p

Bloody hell, Geez, I can't believe the 'Arse' couldn't find a FB for 50g's that is better the Cygan. Send him back too France,where he played well, obviously he isn't coping too good to the English game.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
My point is that the top brass players like Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Henry, Eto'o etc. simply wouldn't be interested in joining a nouveau riche club that won the Sugar Daddy Jackpot. Aside from Makelele and Crespo, Chelsea has no players that were superstars before they arrived at Stamford Bridge. They're made entirely up of players who've developed under Mourinho (Lampard, Cole), consumate professionals that are a rung below the top talent e.g.Gallas, Carvalho, Bridge, Duff, and relatively new talent e.g. Robben, SWP, Cech. The real superstars will still go to the big Italian and Spanish clubs.

Fergie rules out bid for Ballack. Awwwww too bad :p

And R.I.P George Best. Here's a very moving compilation of his life.

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Benny_ said:
My point is that the top brass players like Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Henry, Eto'o etc. simply wouldn't be interested in joining a nouveau riche club that won the Sugar Daddy Jackpot. Aside from Makelele and Crespo, Chelsea has no players that were superstars before they arrived at Stamford Bridge. They're made entirely up of players who've developed under Mourinho (Lampard, Cole), consumate professionals that are a rung below the top talent e.g.Gallas, Carvalho, Bridge, Duff, and relatively new talent e.g. Robben, SWP, Cech. The real superstars will still go to the big Italian and Spanish clubs.

I spose that raises a few points. OK, Chelsea have bought a full squad since the takeover, but they havent gone out and bought galacticos, Mourinho has had to develop their great potential into superstars. I spose many may say that wasnt a hard feat, coz of the potential that these players had anyway, but they have at least spent their exorbitant amount of money on players that play well together. Another point is the snubbery of Chelsea. While G14 are a bunch of fucks, they wouldnt let Chelsea join them. Its a case of "new money" over old money, and perhaps jealousy. Kenyon is right in saying that they are big enough to be in there, especially when you see broke clubs like Dortmund still in G14. But instant success seems not enough. Long may the real superstars keep going to Italy and Spain (or Scotland :p)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
flyin' said:
We're always in the market for a world class striker - and they can't come cheap so we're up.

Cisse: finishing is questionable at times, but like most French strikers - pace and strength in abundance. But being quick isn't everything.

Crouch: two more months of sympathy, before he'll be staying put (on the bench).

Cygan: wasn't he the up-and-coming French defender from some club in France that wasn't famous and has played in a couple of internationals? Arsene Wenger thought so. Only weaknesses include: lack of - acceleration, positional sense, strength, tackling, all round defending.
hahaha @ cygans weaknesses :p

Cisse out-scores crouch with less game time. It's a case of those stats (goals) against crouch's influence on the game (holding the ball up, less offsides:p)

and sheva wont go to chelsea i agree with Benny_ all the way here. Players like Sheva have heaps of class, and taking a team like Milan would mean alot more than just joining chelsea and winning there, i think it's pride :p

and that George best tribute was nice, he had an awesome little change of direction

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
R.I.P George, alwayz a legend in our game.

G14 are a bunch of fuckz, even though Man U iz in it. I don't like em, but business iz business, can't do much about it.

Eto'o did say he waz close to goin to Chelsea in the summer, but hiz wife objected. LoL

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Cheers to footballers wives, and tabloids like Daily Sport getting nekkid piccies of them :D

If Manchester put in an uninspired performance against West Ham, the players should be murdered. THIS match should be the litmus test for many underperforming players; play as if you dont give a shit, and Sir Alex should send you packing.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Nice to see Arsenal fanz observin a min silence in tribute to George.

4 Premiership winz in a row fo Liverpool, iz that a first under Benitez...?

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
George Best set the worst image for football youngsters and he pretty much killed himself. Awesome player though.

Thank God for Inzaghi - scoring in the 90th minute to keep us in touch with mofos from Turin.

And what ever happened to Kaiserslautern - I remember when they were a force in the Bundesliga and now they are getting hammered 5-1 by Hannover.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Komit said:
George Best set the worst image for football youngsters and he pretty much killed himself. Awesome player though.

pretty much. he was a despicable person, despite his talent as a footballer. i don't see why the hero worship exists for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)