The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i pray every night that wenger stays at arsenal ...

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Hey guys great weekend, great football all round. I havent been here all weekend and Ive had to backtrack a little to catch up.

nedzelic said:
yeah, with real, it's not rocket science. they have no midfield. think about the last time they won - they had makelele. an and also they may have played consciecao or helgeurra in there. now, they play beckham *coughs* and well, what can you expect. just fucking get gravesen in there and tell him to sit. the rest will come
I think you hit the nail on the head. RM's biggest problem is that the still really miss Maka. Anyway, now Wanderlei is gone, who knows what will happen, but its made January more interesting.

nedzelic said:
hey celtic hoops boy, you know who my favourite player of all time is

Mo Johnston
Good for you.

LMF^^ said:
The first one waz an O.G, oh well guess he'll had to settle fo the 1 atm.
Damn straight, that was a huge fuckup by Pollitt. Filans spot should surely be safe.

LMF^^ said:
Blue cuntz won again, why can't anyone emulate the way United played against em.
I thought Boro were brilliant, and should be disappointed to not get a point. It took a single goal from a set piece to separate Chelski and Boro in what I thought was an even competition. Yakubu is perhaps the best striker outside the big 4 and was fantastic against the best defence in the league. In fact, if that form can be consistent throughout the rest of the season, and even tho its a tall order,they could perhaps edge out either Arse or Spurs for UCL. Europe beckons.

nedzelic said:
geeze did the arse get ripped off or what? how the fuck didn't they draw that game, although, some of their defending was laughable and silva was unusably poor
Arse were shite, and very much deserved the loss. The defending was woeful, and when Cygan was one of the better defenders, it says something is drastically wrong. Full credit to Bolton on a great win, Faye was brilliant.

... said:
rooney is world class now

all you fags that bag him out for being a fat cunt, fuck off to hell as you don't appreciate football
____
yeah, pretty much explains the 60yr old prostitute
I bag him out for being a geegee. And having an ugly mug is no excuse for it. Ronaldinho looks like a horse and he still bangs plenty of hot babes. But as long as he keeps his temper controlled, he'll end uo being considered one of Englands best ever.

Liverpools performance against the Latics was impressive. Consumate, like an in-form team playing in a consistent enough manner to win games every week without doing anything spectacular. Rafas shaping the team nicely. It looks a good time to be a Pool supporter.
17 points in front of you huns!!!!!!

I feel like writing an essay on the SPL weekend, but it would feel strangely repetitive, just look at my posts for the last few weeks and you'll catch my sentiments on the matter. Im not sure how many here actually give a shit about the SPL, but the trophy is still up for grabs, and is a three horse race, perhaps one of the most closely competitive leagues in Europe. The big three clubs in Scotland (Celtic, Hibs and Hearts) are still in the race. Killie, the club in fourth could even get themselves into the UEFA cup. The relegation race is hot still as well, Rangers form suggest they could face the chopping block :p

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Oh and Le Guen wont be the next gers manager. Now Luxemburgo has gone, expect Madrid to move for him, and PSG may also be in the race.

What a great weekend :D

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
I thought Boro were brilliant, and should be disappointed to not get a point. It took a single goal from a set piece to separate Chelski and Boro in what I thought was an even competition. Yakubu is perhaps the best striker outside the big 4 and was fantastic against the best defence in the league. In fact, if that form can be consistent throughout the rest of the season, and even tho its a tall order,they could perhaps edge out either Arse or Spurs for UCL. Europe beckons.
damn straight, and im not a boro fan really...but they are managing to play some good football, and are in the running for a Euro spot, whether that's a UCL spot, we shall find out next year :p

Liverpools performance against the Latics was impressive. Consumate, like an in-form team playing in a consistent enough manner to win games every week without doing anything spectacular. Rafas shaping the team nicely. It looks a good time to be a Pool supporter.
17 points in front of you huns!!!!!!
hahaha....saturday night was good, got home from the SYdney FC game at 11:30, got myself comfy and watched L'pool...what a great night of entertainment :p :cool:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I really think Bruce is almost gone. Losing to West Ham at home isn't great, and I think a bad result against Fulham means he's gone.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Considering the squad he's got at his disposal, Bruce has made a terrible mess of things. Hopefully they get relegated, then Pool can pick up Pennant, Upson and maybe Forssell on the cheap. 3 great squad players that would probably available for around 5-6mil all together.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Benny_ said:
Considering the squad he's got at his disposal, Bruce has made a terrible mess of things. Hopefully they get relegated, then Pool can pick up Pennant, Upson and maybe Forssell on the cheap. 3 great squad players that would probably available for around 5-6mil all together.
remember the days when pennant was at Leeds?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yes I do, but Pennant has settled under Bruce and remains of their few bright sparks for Brum. If we got him, he'd be a very handy understudy to Joaquin (or more likely, Simao), and we'd be able to keep Stevie in the centre, similar story for Upson and Carra. Forssell was a one season wonder at mediocre club, so he'd make a good backup for Crouch :D

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Benny_ said:
Yes I do, but Pennant has settled under Bruce and remains of their few bright sparks for Brum. If we got him, he'd be a very handy understudy to Joaquin (or more likely, Simao), and we'd be able to keep Stevie in the centre, similar story for Upson and Carra. Forssell was a one season wonder at mediocre club, so he'd make a good backup for Crouch :D
lol...seeing him at LUFC (pennant) was the first time i had ever heard of him, and he was alright there, and after watching him this morning he is still one player who i'd have in my team :) i had him in my fantasy team, but he's with birmingham and he kept leaking points :eek:

hate to say it, but it was good to see heskey score too, without having to stuff around with the ball...later on he started getting into the confused-in-the-box mood :p

forssell who?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Solskjaer finally made an appearance fo the United reservez, but therez still a long way to go. Hope he can come back soon, we're still kinda short of playerz in midfield. However I don't know how he can fit into the current first team, unless Fergie dropz Fletcher.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Solskjaer is probably past it. He always was one of Fergie's favourites though, so you never know, he might still get a good run.. ahead of Park anyway.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Interesting morning of UCL action coming up.

Milan (8p); Schalke (8p); and PSV (7p) are all in the running for a 2nd Round berth from Group E. Basically, if PSV win in Eindhoven against Fenerbahce, they will definitely go through. Only problem is that they've managed a meagre 2 goals in 5 matches so far. :(

In Group G, L'pool and Chelsea will playoff for top spot, although the benefit of actually qualifying as Group winner is questionable. Mathematically, Betis could dislodge Chelsea if the Blues lose heavily, and the Spaniards do the opposite against Anderlecht. :cool:

Rangers could take out the runner-up spot in Group H, but it could come down to whether already-qualified Inter field a second-string outfit. If Rangers fail to win, and the mighty Artmedia win at home v. Porto, the Slovakians would still be playing among the best in Europe. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)