The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
This isnt just a bargain, its proof that south american clubs get ripped off by the europeans.
Like when Milan bought Kaka from Sao Paulo...forgot the exact price but pretty sure it was under 10mil, whats he worth now?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
You'd think that Kaka's buy out clause would be somewhere very close to Scheva's.. which is around £60. Only Real and Chelsea can pay that sort of money.

I think Real have at last found a serviceable replacement for Makelele in Garcia. The fact that they're still struggling says to me that they were over-reliant on Zidane. In his prime Zidane could single handedly win games for them the way Ronnie and Messi can for Barca today. Now that he's gone they have to either find a new source of inspiration or play more conventionally. Their long term answer to the void left by Zidane, Robinho has thus far been disappointing though.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Sheva wouldn't go to Chelsea or Real. Chelsea - because they're new money. Real - because they aren't winning. Kaka wouldn't go to Real - same reason as before. Chelsea already have a star studded central midfield with Maka, Essien and Lamps, so noone of Kaka's quality is going to benchwarm (the flanks are also a bit full atm with JCole at his best, Duff consistently running, SWP on the bench, and Robben waiting to recover from whatever injuries he has after every three matches).

^___^
HSC
all south american clubs get ripped off by european clubs...
only santos was insane enough to stand up against real..

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I'd say Kaka is the leader of a pack of players behind Ronaldinho at the stage for best attacking player in the world (Messi, Deco, Rooney, Tevez, Gerrard, Lampard, Eto'o, Zlatan, Schevchenko, Henry and Adriano being the other candidates) and wouldn't warm the bench in any club in the world...except Barcelona. Barca already have 3 game breakers in Deco, Ronnie and Messi, another would destabilise the team. Good as Cole has been, he isn't a Kaka and would find his arse on the bench in a quick hurry if Kaka went there.

T

timbk2

funny post i found on LFC forums:

August 2005 - Anfield RAFA's Office -
Michael Owen and Rafa in deep conversation discussing terms.

RAFA 'So Michael, such a shame you did not get one of these'
(holds up a CL Medal)

MO 'Yeah well, maybe i can win one for us this year'

RAFA 'Maybe, so how would you like a premiership medal Michael'

MO 'That would be fantastic'

RAFA 'For you?'

MO 'Well yeah, and for the club too of course'

RAFA 'Mmmm, you are a team player aren't you Michael?'

MO 'Of course, anything for the team'

RAFA 'OK, because I have a plan which will win us the title, and it is completely reliant on you to work.'

MO 'what, you bring me back, all is forgiven and I play every game and score 50 goals becoming the top scorer in one season ever in the history of the club?'

RAFA 'Almost'

MO 'Almost? I really am sorry about walking out on you, I do the love it here and will do anything you ask, if you bring me back.'

RAFA 'Anything? OK here are my terms. I want you to miss every chance all season, even penalties. I want you to end the season on 0 goals.'

(MO goes white and gulps)

MO 'no no no no no, I am a goalscorer and it is world cup year'

PAUSE

MO 'I get it, its a joke, hahahaha'

RAFA 'No Michael, I am deadly serious, you score and I drop you.'

MO 'I don't understand'

RAFA 'You said you are a team player yes?'

MO (hesitantly) 'yes...'

RAFA "Imagine it, Michael Owen returns to Liverpool, the biggest signing of the summer, the golden boy of english football, the media darling, englands star striker.'

MO 'I'm with you so far, I just don't get why I can't score any goals.'

RAFA 'You become the story, you take the pressure for the team. You are so high profile that you not scoring will be a far bigger story than our form. We will go on a record winning spree, game after game setting an all time clean sheets record, pipping chelsea to the title, all the time the press ignore the team because you, Michael Owen have not scored a goal all season. The press in this country are that stupid, which will allow your team mates to play without any media spotlight, and bring the trophies home. Do you understand now?'

MO 'I think so - I dont score - we win games - press ignore our amazing run where we win every game and set a record for clean sheets - because they are so focused on me not scoring - therefore allowing our run to continue because noone is feeling the pressure as I am taking it all.'

RAFA 'Exactly Michael, I knew you would understand, think of it this way, this season you well get no goals, but you will get medals, think of this season as demonstrating your loyalty to the club after you abondoned us.'

MO 'But Gaffa, what if I get a penalty???'

RAFA "yes especially penalties, blast them over the bar, the press will have a field day interpreting it as an act of frustration.'

(MO looks sheepish)

MO 'I'm sorry, if it wasn't world cup year coming up, I might consider it...'

RAFA 'In which case I bid you good day, I hope you score lots of goals and win lots of medals at newcastle.'

(Michael Owen walks out Rafa walks him to the door. He then has a thought and turns to his secretary.)

RAFA 'Can you ask Peter Crouch to come to my office straight away please'

RAFA walks back into his office with a sly smile.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
timbk2 said:
funny post i found on LFC forums:

August 2005 - Anfield RAFA's Office -
Michael Owen and Rafa in deep conversation discussing terms.
That was from the ThisIsAnfield forums yeah?

And speakin of Rafa, wot happened at half-time on that unforgettable night in Istanbul... here

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It seems as though some Special One documents got leaked online (tactical assessment for match with Newcastle).

"Defence [of Newcastle United] is highly inconsistent both due to individual mistakes (Boumsong mainly - exploit) or due to line unco-ordination." :D

nedzelic

HSC
yeah that's funny. only liverpool and shite, are enver going to win the league, and all their strikers have been poo this season. their team is in decent form now but have not exactly been sparkling. they are clealy in a class below arse, manpoo and chelski. (i know that sounds funny as they are european champs)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Liverpool just hit a lil bit of form, but when their strikerz aren't firin there ain't much need to fear em. The train will come to a hault in the very near future.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Rafa's La Liga winning side of a couple of years back didn't have any firing strikers. Their top scorer honours went to Mista, who scored a whopping 9 goals. I believe Rafa is trying to build a similar sort of team here, hence the reason he offloaded the Euro2004 golden boot winner to bringing in Peter Crouch. I'm under no illusions that Liverpool will win the league this season, but then, neither are Arsenal or United. It's a 3 way battle for 2nd.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Gary named the new captain at United, not really surprisin. Perhapz Rafa iz tryin to emulate the old Valencia, I'll just wait and see how good he can do.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lol ... great find timbk2
and i think i remember hearing kaka' went to milan for around 8 million ... probably worth atleast 3-4 times that now ... yeah sth americans get ripped off, they need a better way of setting player contracts ...
and lugano @ <3 million is an absolute steal, he'd be the new "heinze" so to speak ... he was seriously great for uraguay ...

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Bugger. 24hrs and 8mins, Crouchy finaly strikes. Oh well, had to happen sooner or later I s'pose. Bugger, it was so much more fun when he wasn't scoring. :(

In better news, Kewell is in the starting XI. :uhhuh:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Paragon said:
Nearly H/Time:

L'pool 2
Wigan 0

Guess whose back,
Crouchy's back.
Can't believe he's already got two. I thought he'd have 0 forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)