• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Threw away 2 points, no?

And Ruud's goal was beautiful... Smitty showing that he does have some real class about him.... i really do think that he is fast becoming a much better midfielder than he was striker.... good to see Scholesy being less shite as well.... i can still remember his atrocious form at the beginning of the season..... but again in today's match, Fletch went missing for vast periods of time.... he needs to either get more involved, or we need to sign someone that can do a better job..... still a quality perfomance.

johnny_87

HSC
Ballack and/or Zokora would be good buys. De Jong would be good for the future too.

Although it was only the highlights, it seemed as though Utd won without ever needing to get out of 2nd gear. Hopefully they are fresh for the following matches and hopefully Chelski struggle a bit after their close match with Fulham.

nedzelic

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Hey guys, great boxing day matches. Biggest surprise was Villa knocking off the toffees 4-0, jeez they have some issues. And it came just after i wrote Villa off, what timing. Arse manage to get a win, so too do Chelski, and Pool should have won 5-0. Up north, the jambos managed that result, perhaps they might put up a fight for the title. Oh, and Rangers drop another two points.

Theres some big questions that will need to be answered in 2006. The biggest one right now is: who will be the first EPL manager sacked in the new year? I think this ones between Moyes and Souness, but I heard rumblings that McCarthy is also facing questions. A lot of good thatll do, the black cats will still be shite.

no way moyes

there are many candidates. i reckon the afforemtioned jefes and alos o'leary, bruce and nazal nose robson are all up for it

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Benny_ said:
Nice of O'Leary to deal the Toffees' ego such a massive blow a week before the Reds travel to Goodison. Looking forward to another easy 2-0 or 3-0. We'd better enjoy it while it lasts though, because we do have United, Spurs and Arsenal all coming up pretty soon.

And yes.. spectacular performance from the Reds. If only one of our linking strikers was also a clinical finisher we'd have run away with 4-0 + wins every week for some time.
the derby wont be like they used to be :(

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Good to see alot of goals on the weekend, great for my fantasy team :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
RyddeckerSMP said:
Threw away 2 points, no?

And Ruud's goal was beautiful... Smitty showing that he does have some real class about him.... i really do think that he is fast becoming a much better midfielder than he was striker.... good to see Scholesy being less shite as well.... i can still remember his atrocious form at the beginning of the season..... but again in today's match, Fletch went missing for vast periods of time.... he needs to either get more involved, or we need to sign someone that can do a better job..... still a quality perfomance.
Yeah Ruud also did a beautiful turn in the game, that stuff should be in the cool school segment.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Yeah Ruud also did a beautiful turn in the game, that stuff should be in the cool school segment.
Twas, i think.

nedzelic said:
no way moyes

there are many candidates. i reckon the afforemtioned jefes and alos o'leary, bruce and nazal nose robson are all up for it
Not o'leary, but bruce and robson are up there. Im pretty sure O'leary will be given some cash to spend in the new year, the board have plenty of faith in him. Hehe, i'll see if i can find some odds from ladbrokes or somewhere.

Some news:

Hamburg wants Podolski, and have joined the hunt alongside Bayern. I think he's headed to Munich tho, especially as Ballack will probably leave and they'll need a replacement. It would be a great buy, and a cheaper one than Ballack, im surprised only Bundesliga clubs are after him.

Hero Henrik wants to go back home to Helsingborgs at the end of the season. But I thought Glasgow was his home!!!

Pandiani wants to leave Birmingham, Espanyol are the favourites to sign him, but the British tabloids say he could go across town to Villa.

And PSG has sacked their coach.

Last edited:

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Not o'leary, but bruce and robson are up there. Im pretty sure O'leary will be given some cash to spend in the new year, the board have plenty of faith in him. Hehe, i'll see if i can find some odds from ladbrokes or somewhere.

Pandiani wants to leave Birmingham, Espanyol are the favourites to sign him, but the British tabloids say he could go across town to Villa.
I doubt DO'L will get much cash in the transfer window. Basically, the key argument that keeps coming up is that [a] he spent the whole 10m budget for the entire season on Baros (7m) and Bouma (3m); the Chairman afterall is one Mr. Doug Ellis, not the most generous of men when it comes to money. Although that could change if the Irish conglomerate complete their take-over bid for the Villains.

And in case Villa do get some spending opportunity, I'd hope they bring in someone to reinforce the rearguard. Angel/Baros/Phillips/Luke Moore/Stefan Moore(?), Pandiani can take a hike to someplace else. :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Hope City can repeat the feat last season by beatin the Cuntz again. Seein how they performed last game it givez me some encouragement.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Goddammit Chelskis steal 3 points with a late goal again.

On a brighter note, United gets held and Spurs lose to West Brom :D

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Jeez, you cant stop Crouch from scoring now. Pool look the goods for second place, anyway. I just wish I didnt write them off at the start of the season...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hehehehehe

have FAITH

but Everton did make us play shit. We (at one point) were playing one-touch and pulling the blues apart...then we didnt and we were threatened (not long before half-time)...and of course they made a mini comeback with it 2-1...and beatties first "goal" probably should've stood, but then their second mayn't of come about. Either way, crouch scores weird goals. Good to see Cisse score one that wasnt due to power, and Gerrard scored another which supposedly took a deflection (it didnt look like much though)

Cahill got frustrated and earned himself the yellow, but he seems half wasted at everton atm. Kewell on the otherhand is improving each time i see him play, and claiming his place in the team.

A-League this weekend :/ and i'll be nowhere near Fox :'(

Last edited:

Jimmy_B

HSC
fucken kanu. been absolute shite ever since he left the scum and now all of a sudden he scores two class goals against us. fucking cunt.....

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure I did Benny, we drew 2-2 wit Brum wit some shitty defendin. There goez the record of havin to win every league game when Rooney scorez in.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Vote For your UEFA team of the year.

I went with:

-----------------------Cech--------------------------
----Belletti-----Terry------Carragher----Zambrotta----
Joaquin-------------------------------------------Robben
------------------Gerrard------------------------------------
----------------------------Ronaldinho------------------
------------------Eto'o---------Henry---------------------

Manager: Benitez (It was a tough call between he and Hiddink)

Silly of them to include Lampard as a CM when he rarely ventures any further back than the opponent's 18 yd box. I guess he'd have just been swallowed by the likes of Kaka and Ronnie at AM. As an AM, he might be better than Gerrard, but Gerrard is many times the CM he is. Ah well.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ajax signed risin Dutch star Huntelaar from my other love Heerenveen, so sad to see him leave such a beautiful club. Why do the big clubz alwayz have to take away the best talentz...

^___^
HSC
Benny_ said:
Vote For your UEFA team of the year.

I went with:

-----------------------Cech--------------------------
----Belletti-----Terry------Carragher----Zambrotta----
Joaquin-------------------------------------------Robben
------------------Gerrard------------------------------------
----------------------------Ronaldinho------------------
------------------Eto'o---------Henry---------------------

Manager: Benitez (It was a tough call between he and Hiddink)
eh

mine

gk: coupet
rb: belletti
cb: terry
cb: carragher
lb: maldini

rm: garcia (probably the worst group of players chosen ever)
lm: malouda
cm: gerrard (rate him more than lampard purely because he is better at that position, and the fact he led such a shit team to CL glory)
am: ronaldinho (wtf @ cm and am selection, what if i want 2 DMs!!)

st: eto
st: toni

coach: guus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)