• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedzelic

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Ahhh, to have such optimism. I too have the aspirations that Celtic will again be strong enough to win the biggest prize in Europe.

btw, armin van buuren serenity has just come up on my ipod. As much as i like Youll never walk alone, i dont have it on my playlist.
see that's the thing with that gerry and the pacemakers song, a nominally liverpool song obviously, but fuck me do celtic ring it out. i always tell everyone that if you really want a good rendition of it, watch after celtic won the league 4? years ago - about then anyway, you should know the one i'm talking about

that was the best i've heard of it; easily better than anyhting i've heard come out of anifield - granted there 15k more people in the ground butt still

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
nedzelic said:
if wenger doesn't go in for gravesen at his presumabl measly price; he's lost it
There could be conflicts between arsenal only wanting him short term until young players like Song get to a point where they can be of use, and Gravesen will probably want a contract spanning to the end of his career.

^___^
HSC
arsenal doesn't have any young players to fill in the central midfield role
thats why they need someone for the next 5 rys

Gravesen can do the job for around 3yrs before he does a Kenao and just sits back to hold the midfield

Jimmy_B

HSC
... said:
fabregas, flamini?

fabregas is an amazing player, will definitely become world-class, but there's no way in hell he should be playing 50 games a season at his age. it could ruin him.

flamini and song look utter shite though, can't pass forward, lunge into tackles willy nilly. arsenal need experienced midfielders near or at their peak, otherwise they'll continue to be dominated in england.even their world cup winner has been made to look like a clown against the likes of robbie savage this season. if they don't sign anyone ready for the premiership in this transfer window a top 4 finish is an absolute dream for them.

gawd, since the unbeaten season arsenal have lost solid performers in vieira,edu,wiltord, kanu,parlour and keown and the only players of any note they've bought are reyes and van persie. others like hleb, song etc look absolute crap.

wenger must regret changing his mind on signing, robinson, defoe and carrick eh? :)

if it wasn't for cuntski running away with the league this would have to be the most fun season ever, arsenal looking fucked, manyoo out of europe this early and without keano, spurs in the champions league spot.

LMF^^ said:
Yeah, I miss Beckham.
i think ruud does too ;)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
nedzelic said:
a team who ain't in the epl
nedzelic said:
look, new siggie!

and i wound't be laughing at man utd drawing with a non-league tyeam if man uted were a 2nd division side with a whole side of newbies and a total wage bill of the same as rio ferdinands!!! (ie Leeds, exageratted slightly)

anyway, WHEN leeds get back up, we will see what happens eh. anyway, i'm so confident that they'll get promoted i made a $100 bet with a mate at the start of this season

mark my words, leeds will be back where they belong next season - in the prem

they will back as they are one of the biggest clubs on the planet. we have the best supporters of any club. you know at that 3rd round fa cup tie against wigan (att JJB) there were more leeds supporters than wigan supporters. that's the difference b/w these piss-ant shite new-comer prem clubs and leeds. leeds will come out on top at the end of it all
brilliant...completely brilliant :p

i have no doubts the white yorkshire men shall be back next season, their base is strong (ok, definately not financially)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
... said:

Gravesen can do the job for around 3yrs before he does a Kenao and just sits back to hold the midfield
That's why they bought Flamini and Fabregas

^___^
HSC
yeha they have Fabregas and Flamini, but as Jimmy B said, no one should expect them to play 40 odd games a season

and given their age, physically and mentally they are not ready to play wk in wk out...they need a player that is matured already and rotate them around..Gilberto can only do so much

nedzelic

HSC
what's wrong with bringing in an experienced player, who you know can perform - who was one of the best players in the league and on top all this he would cost pittance! fabregas and song are only teenagers - it's no biggie if they have to fight off one more midfielder for 3 years. last year they had two more players infront of them!
the arse need a tackler - they had paddy and now they need someone else. francesc can't tackle, gilberto just holds off and falmini is ok at it. but really, it would be a fantastic signing if gravesen came. although, if the people at real had two barincells amongst them, he would be the first player on the team sheet - as he was for toffees

nedzelic

HSC
withoutaface said:
There could be conflicts between arsenal only wanting him short term until young players like Song get to a point where they can be of use, and Gravesen will probably want a contract spanning to the end of his career.
well i think there wouldn't be any probs if they gave a three and a half year deal - perfect for both parties i would have thought. i god if i were any prem manager i would be absolutely gagging to get a hold of big thommy. what's he gonna cost? 2 milion pounds or something - pittance. he's a match made in heaven for both arsenal and man utd...and everton for that matter. they're all in need of a centrocampista at the moment

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Alternatives to Gravesen for the Arsenal include Zakora, M Diarra and Daquort ...
and Hectic's description of Arsenal at the moment is gold hahahaha, and so, so true, unfortunately ...

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Can someone please relay a message to Fergie that O'Shea isn't a bloody centre-midfielder? Seriously.... it's getting really annoying that Fergie hasn't realised this important fact.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Bring David Batty out of retirement Wenger, he'll teach a few blokes how to tackle!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fergie iz reportedly targetin Diarra fo a summer move, which will cost 12mil.

Hm another interestin one, should be a good signin.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm i think there has been interest for Joel but whether a deal has been signed I dunno.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Hey guys, today I bought Fifa 06, hopefully it was a good investment.

And I just read FourFourTwo for the second time through on a boring two hour trip. Loved the story on the Calderon, "hard men" becoming extinct and the best nil all draws of all time, why the Celtic game at Nou Camp wasnt first instead of tenth is beyond me. I thought after that, we wound win the UEFA cup the second time round, but losing to Villareal in the semis kinda shattered that. Anyway, its a top read and seriously worth the eight bucks you hand over for it.

Diarra would be a great signing, but why Juninho hasnt attracted English attention is beyond me. While Lyon keep losing quality players yet continue to go from strength to strength in europe and france, Juninho and Diarra have been the constant.

And Ballack rumours have hit a low... anyone got any goss?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Bayern iz reported to be confident about Ballack re-signin wit the club. So maybe thatz why there ain't much on him atm.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Hey guys, today I bought Fifa 06, hopefully it was a good investment.

And I just read FourFourTwo for the second time through on a boring two hour trip. Loved the story on the Calderon, "hard men" becoming extinct and the best nil all draws of all time, why the Celtic game at Nou Camp wasnt first instead of tenth is beyond me. I thought after that, we wound win the UEFA cup the second time round, but losing to Villareal in the semis kinda shattered that. Anyway, its a top read and seriously worth the eight bucks you hand over for it.

Diarra would be a great signing, but why Juninho hasnt attracted English attention is beyond me. While Lyon keep losing quality players yet continue to go from strength to strength in europe and france, Juninho and Diarra have been the constant.

And Ballack rumours have hit a low... anyone got any goss?
I got fifa 06 a month or so ago, it's pretty solid but apparently PES5 is better, and you just download a patch to get everything licensed etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)