The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Pretty predictable FA Cup ties overnight.
In more speculative news, it appears Souness is on the outer (duuuh) but rumours have popped up that Allardyce could be the one to replace him.
Never mind that Bolton are in the greatest form of the clubs history in the premier league, and the fact that Allardyce rejected the post when Robson got sacked.
I hate rumours.
it'd be better if Big Sam stayed at Bolton...much more entertaining. He's building the team nicely

although, i think NUFC deserves a good manager who uses his players better...they do have some orite guys, and well, they're not playing as well as they could

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
sweet_as said:
I am very annoyed with Sir Alex playing only a couple of regular starters (I thought he would of learnt from Exeter City Last year). The replay will be a different story.

But on another note, we can point and laugh at Fulham getting beaten by League 2 side Leyton Orient lol
Code:
Tim Howard
Phillip Bardsley 
Wes Brown 
John O'Shea
Gerard Pique
Mikael Silvestre
Ritchie Jones
Kieran Richardson
Guiseppe Rossi
Louis Saha
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 

Luke Steele
Adam Eckersley
Cristiano Ronaldo
Fraizer Campbell
Wayne Rooney
thats a pretty good team if you ask me!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah another humiliatin result fo uz, we don't have it good against Conference teamz eh...? Oh well same thing happened last season and we made it to the final, I'm not too concerned atm.

nedzelic

HSC
Benny_ said:
I find Tottenham going down to Leicester much more amusing than all the upsets.
well you must be an arsenal supporter then, cause that's not a terribel result. i mean it's bad, but it's certainly not a game i would have banked on spurs winning. away at a good side who should be doing better and may end up making a late run for promotion. fulham losing at home to leyton, man utd drawing and boro drawing at home are much, much worse

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Dont worry Manchester fans, at least youre still in the fucking comp.

Keane did not do shit. Du Wei was terrible. That fucking Pole striker Gordie signed for 2 million pounds can fuck off home. The worst thing is, Clyde should have won by more than they did. On most accounts, it was worse than the thrashing against Artmedia.

Oh well. There goes the treble. Kilmarnock better be wiped off the field for the pish played last night.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
LoLoL, I feel fo you BJ, that result iz really, really, really bad.

Az fo uz, drawin iz still better than losin. It ain't that bad. I would feel worse if we drew against Sunderland. :p

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
nedzelic said:
well you must be an arsenal supporter then, cause that's not a terribel result. i mean it's bad, but it's certainly not a game i would have banked on spurs winning. away at a good side who should be doing better and may end up making a late run for promotion. fulham losing at home to leyton, man utd drawing and boro drawing at home are much, much worse
Much much worse? Boro and Man Yoo are still in the comp, Spurs are not. I know which one I'd prefer. Boro were away as well

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
nedzelic said:
Late run for promotion? They're ranked 4th from the bottom :/

Jimmy_B

HSC
not to worry. we can now concentrate on that fourth spot. bloody gooners still have the fa cup, carling cup and champions league to distract them/injure/tire their players out.

we should be fresh enough to last the whole season now. :)

btw, arsenal away to bolton in the next round :) let's hope fat sam's scummers can kick them off the park again.

Last edited:

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Quite obviously Man u is a friend to the lower-league clubs, and wants to provide them with financial security for a couple of years by playing for the draw.

Burton did play fantastic though, credit to them. Shock of the round is either Leyton Orient beating Fulham or Tamworth holding Stoke away from home.

nedzelic

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Dont worry Manchester fans, at least youre still in the fucking comp.

Keane did not do shit. Du Wei was terrible. That fucking Pole striker Gordie signed for 2 million pounds can fuck off home. The worst thing is, Clyde should have won by more than they did. On most accounts, it was worse than the thrashing against Artmedia.

Oh well. There goes the treble. Kilmarnock better be wiped off the field for the pish played last night.
kris boyd debut was somewhat better. i don't know what all the fuss was about with keane anyway, he's past it and probably only has another year in him anyway

nedzelic

HSC
withoutaface said:
Late run for promotion? They're ranked 4th from the bottom :/
so were palace 2 years ago but they got promoted - yeah fair enough though they are three points off bottom ;)

anyway, i rate their gaffer and i maybe next year.

nedzelic

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Much much worse? Boro and Man Yoo are still in the comp, Spurs are not. I know which one I'd prefer. Boro were away as well
yeah fair enough, but if you were just to look at the individual result, forgetting your in a cup w/ replays, drawing with non league teams is a lot worse than losing in thre last minute (after having been up 2-0) to a team who was in the prem a couple of years ago and probably will be back very soon. compared with (though i'm not sure about boro) getting OUTPLAYED, marked my words, for 75 minutes against a bunch of part timers, and really could have been properly embarassed (if they haven't been already)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
nedzelic said:
kris boyd debut was somewhat better. i don't know what all the fuss was about with keane anyway, he's past it and probably only has another year in him anyway
If keane had of joined an EPL club, there would be less people saying hes past it. Every EPL player that has come north to play, whether Hartson, Sutton or even Gascoyne has come with EPL fans saying they are past it, why else would they leave our league. Hes short of match fitness, but Keano still has a big job to do at Celtic for the next few years, and I reckon he'll do it well.

Forget all the upsets, ours was the worst, then Fulham going down to Leyton would be next. Im sure Manchester fans will care about the result much, they'll make it to the semis anyway.

Vieri is headed to Monaco, and rumours suggest Schwarz may head for Germany.

Jimmy_B

HSC
sean davis, michael brown and pedro mendes all look like leaving this week. oh well, the exodus had to happen sometime. rumour has it walcott is going to turn down chelsea as he wants to be at a club where he'll get regular games. sign him up martin jol!!

apparently arsenal are going to sign nikola zigic from red star belgrade. he's said to be 7cm taller than crouch is. :eek: wtf!

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
nedzelic said:
yeah fair enough, but if you were just to look at the individual result, forgetting your in a cup w/ replays, drawing with non league teams is a lot worse than losing in thre last minute (after having been up 2-0) to a team who was in the prem a couple of years ago and probably will be back very soon. compared with (though i'm not sure about boro) getting OUTPLAYED, marked my words, for 75 minutes against a bunch of part timers, and really could have been properly embarassed (if they haven't been already)
So i take it you did not watch the Burton game at all then? I don't see how a team outplays another when they are in their own half for most of the game.

Btw, he's gold, he's blue, he's not a socceroo, Ned Zelic...... Ned Zelic...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
So Evra haz completed hiz move, and Gravesen iz also bein linked to MU. I'll be happy if we get him on the cheap.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Gravesen is too old aint he? I reckon he should just let Smith learn, he might be a good player in a year or two in the DM ish role Keano was in. The MU defense looks alot more solid now, With Evra , Rio, Vidic, Neville. But what about Heinze when he comes back? He was one of Uniteds best players last year.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
What about Park? surely not a bench player :D

Which makes me think. this is good signs for Man UTD, they finally have a potential enforcer at the back much like Jaap Staam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)