The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Bring on the Hammers v Livo in the FA cup, it will be a fired up affair indeed.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
:p You guys didn't even manage to make an impression against our 2nd string last night, at home as well. Hard to see the Hammers win when Gerrard, Kewell, Reina, Alonso etc. all return

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Dont get too cocky Ben :p

But it'll be a shame if King Luis misses the final after being sent off overnite, hopefully the club will win the appeal.

Jimmy_B

HSC
lmf, you're talking porkies. villareal had three good chances and were gifted a dodgy penalty, while arsenal had a few good chances in the first leg, bad linesman calls and were denied a clearer penalty.

i don't understand how people talk of barca as being an unmovable force this season. yes they are clear favourites but they've lost games this year to weaker teams than the scum and at the end of the day a one-off game can go either way. this final isn't going to be a walkover for barca and if they expect one they could go the same way as juve and madrid did. no team this season has come out and pushed barca and really tested their weak points in their team and if henry is up to it then there could be an upset on the cards.

politik said:
This is the first time you've seen Riquelme isnt it? While you're obviously an ignorant idiot, I will say this one thing - all the best players sometimes have an off day. Overrated? I would call Viera overrated. If it wasnt for the fact that all he does is score goals, he would have been exposed for his defensive weaknesses long ago.
no, i've seen riquleme play before and he is pretty underwhelming ocnsidering the hype. he got two shots to prove himself on a big stage against arsenal and he was gash on both occasions. he crumbled under the expectation at barcelona and couldnt step up in the champions league semi's where his team was looking to him. big fish in a small pond suits him down to the ground, he won't make it at a big club. best midfielder in the world at the moment? haha. world class player? hahaha.

yes, and patrick vieira is overrated as well, the ultimate flat track bully, couldn't lift his game for france at the world cup and became a big baby whenever things got tough for arsenal in europe. not forgetting how keano made him a bitch every time they played.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
lmf, you're talking porkies. villareal had three good chances and were gifted a dodgy penalty, while arsenal had a few good chances in the first leg, bad linesman calls and were denied a clearer penalty.

i don't understand how people talk of barca as being an unmovable force this season. yes they are clear favourites but they've lost games this year to weaker teams than the scum and at the end of the day a one-off game can go either way. this final isn't going to be a walkover for barca and if they expect one they could go the same way as juve and madrid did. no team this season has come out and pushed barca and really tested their weak points in their team and if henry is up to it then there could be an upset on the cards.
A clear penalty not rewarded in the first leg...? I can't remember Arsenal wit 3 clear cut shotz on goal in the first leg, maybe I fell asleep durin the game. Both teamz were affected by the dodgy refz in the first leg. But overall my impression iz that Arsenal didn't do enough to convince me they were worthy of their place in the final. Barca on the other hand did show enough conviction in both defence and attack and truly deserved their place in the final. Milan played quite well today, a couple of good chancez, but Carles Puyol waz again the man. He and Terry are prob the best centre backz in the world. Barcelona aren't invincible, but compared to Arsenal, they're just above the other in almost every department.

Jimmy_B

HSC
LMF^^ said:
A clear penalty not rewarded in the first leg...? I can't remember Arsenal wit 3 clear cut shotz on goal in the first leg, maybe I fell asleep durin the game. Both teamz were affected by the dodgy refz in the first leg. But overall my impression iz that Arsenal didn't do enough to convince me they were worthy of their place in the final. Barca on the other hand did show enough conviction in both defence and attack and truly deserved their place in the final. Milan played quite well today, a couple of good chancez, but Carles Puyol waz again the man. He and Terry are prob the best centre backz in the world. Barcelona aren't invincible, but compared to Arsenal, they're just above the other in almost every department.
yep, javi venta handled in the box late on, henry had a disallowed goal and they looked very threatening at set pieces. i don't see how you can say a team which is still unbeaten in the competition, kept 10 clean sheets in a row and knocked out juve and madrid don't deserve to be in the final. you just sound bitter when talking about the scum, i can't take your opinion on them seriously.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I give em mo credit fo knockin out Villarreal than Juve and Madrid, and good fo em fo keepin that record number of clean sheetz. It wouldn't have happened had Riquelme not blown it. Oh well, it waz an evenly balanced tie, Arsenal went through due to their defence, but Villa had the better of the chancez. Franco another one to blame. I still feel that over 180 min of football Villarreal outplayed Arsenal, and therefore it would be fair to say that they deserved to go through. But shit happenz in football.

Anyway Arsenal won't be able to cope wit the pace of the Barca attack, it'll be good to watch em get owned. You Spurz better make sure you don't let that 4th place slip.

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Benny_ said:
:p You guys didn't even manage to make an impression against our 2nd string last night, at home as well. Hard to see the Hammers win when Gerrard, Kewell, Reina, Alonso etc. all return
We had the evergreen Sheringham and Zamora upfront as opposed to Harewood and Ashton ;) , and Jimmy Walker in goal who I have never seen play. Also missing Gabbidon! But anyway, I think it will be a totally different ball game come May 13th. It'll be tight :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
:rolleyes: Aside from Liverpool's own rather embarrassing episode against Sao Paulo this year, guess who's won the majority of the recent Toyota Cups? That's right, European clubs (7 out of the last 10 times in fact). Being passionate about where you came from is fine, but try avoid condescending towards other posters, especially when you're going to make patently stupid assertions like that.

Last edited:

Jimmy_B

HSC
politik said:
Like I said before, you've obviously never seen Riquelme play before. Try googling for Riquelme footage at Boca Juniors. I bet you've never heard of Boca either, which is arguably the world's best club side. Pity Arsenal didnt have to play Boca/River/Corinthians in the Champions League - because they would have been flogged - just like most European teams do when they play the might of South America.

you're just another argie with an inferiority complex. now being dutch myself, how about i remind you of a little piece of Euro-Sth American history?

Greatest goal of France 98

see you boys in frankfurt on the 21st of june anyway.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Tevez = Maradona...? Yeah OK so hez won the Copa wit Boca and named Argentine Player of the Year. And good on him fo that. But no way iz he on the same level az Maradona. Atm Lionel Messi would be closer to that title, even the man himself said it. The only playerz close to matchin Maradona right now would be Henry and Ronaldinho, and maybe Rooney. Tevez ain't at that level yet. But I'm not sayin hez shit, just not that good.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
There's a 'new Maradona' coming out of Argentina every year. D'Allessandro, Aimar, Messi, Tevez, Saviola and yes.. Riquelme as well. All class acts to be sure, but it's a little early just yet to be calling any of them the 'new Maradona'.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
politik said:
Like I said before, you've obviously never seen Riquelme play before. Try googling for Riquelme footage at Boca Juniors. I bet you've never heard of Boca either, which is arguably the world's best club side. Pity Arsenal didnt have to play Boca/River/Corinthians in the Champions League - because they would have been flogged - just like most European teams do when they play the might of South America.
Quit pulling your dick. I agree with Jimmy- Riquelme is overhyped, just as every other Maradona protege has been- none coms close to Maradona yet, neither do they come close to Ronnie, Henry, etc. Boca being the best club side in the world? Very, very arguable indeed.

Big game tonite, at 9:30. Already booked my seat on the couch :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Huge game tonight, even though it ain't a title decider. We must get thiz one just to shove it up the kuntz arse. I would love to see Rooney make Terry look like a fool, but the weakness of Chelsea would definitely be on the right hand flank where Kewell pwned em hard last week. Lampard haven't been in sparklin form lately so I believe itz the 50-50 game and can prove to be the best game of the season. Come on United...!

johnny_87

HSC
Haven't been here for a while but thought I'd come on to predict a 2-1 win for us tonight to keep our slimmest of chances for the title alive. Rooney and Ronaldo to score for us, with Dogbaaaaa scoring for the Russian rent boys.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Chelsea 3-0 Man Utd. Rooney looks to have badly injured his foot and is being stretchered off. Terry is also limping. Bad news for Man Utd...shocking news for England's world cup aspirations.

I thought Arsenal winning the FA Cup last year was bad. Watching Chelsea become champions in their own backyard after a big win against United is equivalent to chewing upon shards of broken glass.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
You're right Matty, fuckin the worst possible result. I can't watch Chelsea celebratin, just like last yr when I switched off the tele after the FA Cup final. Rooney lookz like he injured hiz ankle again, really bad newz fo England, all thankz to the blue kuntz. Mourinho must not like England very much, why did he leave Terry on when he waz clearly strugglin...?

Anyway fuck Chelsea. We'll shove it up Mourinhoz arse next season. We need to win our next 2 gamez so Liverpool won't get a sniff of runnerz up. Middlesborough ain't no ez beatz, we'll need to be at our best again, especially witout Rooney.

johnny_87

HSC
Yeah I left when stoppage time began because who knows when they'll blow the whistle?

If Rooney is seriously injured (if that's the case let's hope he's back for next season), I'll be backing England to go out in the 2nd round vs Germany after they finish runners-up to Sweden.

Let's hope we bounce back against Boro and wrap 2nd place up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)