The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Ouch.. Rooney out for 6 weeks, exactly the length of time before England's first match. Provided there are no further complications, I think England will be rushing him back even if he's only 70-80%. If they don't though.. I see Lampard maybe getting pushed into the hole where Rooney would operate and Gerrard running the show in the middle with Carrick/King alongside him. It's hard to see right now, but this injury may, just may work in England's favour.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
It's hard to see right now, but this injury may, just may work in England's favour.
I really can't agree with you on this one, Benny. Rooney is already one of the most talented players in the game. This season he has managed to add consistency to his already world-class game. He will not only score goals for England, but he will create themas well.... and his attitude and determination are inspiring to the rest of his team mates. An injury to Rooney on the eve of the world cup is in no way a favour to England.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I know, it's a very long shot, but apparently Sven wasn't going to fix England's centre midfield problems himself, and I think having that problem solved is almost as important as Rooney is to England. Rooney is a wonderful player, no doubt, but Gerrard and Lampard are also amazing players who, if allowed to play their natural games, amount to more than Rooney does on his own.

Ideally of course you'd have Rooney fit and firing as well as Gerrard and Lampard working together, but if Rooney isn't going to play, England might as well make the best of a crappy situation.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Chelsea 3 man United 0

we are the champions AGAIN

I am really glad because it was man Utd who were defeated. That should make Alex Ferguson really mad and that is great!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Ian McAlpin said:
Chelsea 3 man United 0

yes, league champions for the THIRD time! HERCULEAN EFFORT!

haha nah well done, at least all those millions havent been completely wasted.

I doubt Sven will put carrick/king along side gerrard even though it would be a better option. the way sven is going, rooney's loss would probably break england's chance. gerrard and lampard working together is as much of a dream as that ad where teh kids picked backenbaur and platini for there street football game

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
I just had to add... that i love ur signature..

If only the last comment was true

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Rooney bein out fo 6 weekz will no way work in Englandz favour. I can't see Lampard playin in the hole, he won't be az effective az Rooney. England are toothless witout him, so thiz will really give Eriksson headachez.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Lampard is not a striker, he is a attacking midfielder... England need a quality backup striker for Rooney, not someone playing out of position

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The 'hole', where Rooney plays United and England, is exactly where Lampard spends most of his time for Chelsea. They mightn't perform the same function, but it's still more or less the same position. Lampard has the luxury of spending most of his time on the edge of the penalty area waiting for an opportunity to shoot because he has Essien and Makelele as 2 top water carriers. Carrick or King can allow him to do the same for England. At the same time, this allows Gerrard to influence the game a lot more.

I guess it doesn't make any sense to anyone else that when your most influential player is injured, you should at least let your next 2 most influential players play to their potential.

HSC
Ian McAlpin said:
Chelsea 3 man United 0

I am really glad because it was man Utd who were defeated. That should make Alex Ferguson really mad and that is great!
should have won the treble with the spendings.. but we did it again :rofl:

Lampard = God = Not A Striker = Use Your Common Sense

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I'm really questioning what would happen if Rooney didn't make it in time. Obvious move would be to put a natural striker in for him, but who? Defoe, although good, has not been in form as of late. His last goal was in mid-February, and although I admit he did get a little shunted against Mido, he should still perform better.
I know I keep plugging him, but if they do decide to push Lampard up, Nolan has to be in the squad dammit.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Rooney iz simply irreplaceable, no one can fill hiz bootz. Foget about Defoe, he ain't up to the standard. Lampard won't have the same effect if he waz to move up, hez mo like the Scholes of old. Eriksson just can't afford not to have Rooney, hiz whole game plan at the World Cup revolvez around him. Even if he can't make the first game against Paraguay, there will be no way that Sven will leave him out of the squad, unless the injury worsenz in the next few weekz.

Blue kuntz medal

LoL@Price

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Lucky bastard. Talk about winning the lottery huh?

£10m pounds though, is a pretty damn decent addition to the transfer kitty of any club but Chelsea. The difference between a good summer's buying and a great summer's buying really.

And yes, Lampard is Scholes-like. I didn't say he was anything like Rooney. You can't say Scholes wasn't effective in his day in the hole though. Anyway, we're talking abou the possibility of Rooney being out, and the possible contingencies IF that was the case, so I don't see why everyone's so against the idea. If Sven built his WC play around Rooney, and Rooney gets injured, he's not just going to forfeit the tournament is he.

Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Benny_ said:
Lucky bastard. Talk about winning the lottery huh?

£10m pounds though, is a pretty damn decent addition to the transfer kitty of any club but Chelsea. The difference between a good summer's buying and a great summer's buying really.
Look at the bid history. It was only serious up to about £7,000 .. then it got hijacked by users with hopeless ratings.

It won't go through.

Anyway, now that the Premier League is decided, we can turn our attention to who will be promoted from the CCC!

Reading and Sheffield United are already coming up, congratulations to them.

The playoffs for the third and final spot are between Watford, Preston North End, LEEDS UNITED!!!!11oneone!!, and Crystal Palace.

Form is a bit of a worry for the Whites .. by the time their first match vs Preston comes up, they will have only been victorious once in the last two months. And that victory was against Crewe, who are demoting from the CCC.

Nevertheless, I believe in the boys, and I think they can do it!

First up, Preston on May 5 at Elland Road, followed by the return trip to Deepdale three days later.

GO YOU WHITES!!!

Jimmy_B

HSC
Whichever one of the 4 teams with the most aussies is the one i'll go for :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I think then Popovic would be the only Aussie in the teamz.

Would like to see Leeds back in it, then the Yorkshire rivalry can be back in the Premiership, even though we'll kick yo assez.

Must win against Boro, keep Liverpool off our backz.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I want Millwall back in the top flight so we can bring one of the most fierce rivalries to the stage! West ham vs Millwall !!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Leeds has been in dire form- last 10 matches:

DDLDLDDDWL

Milwall is gonna get relegated to League One rofl. Serves them right, unruly feckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)