The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
... said:
hah fucken serious?

i thought that 5-4 lsot on agg lost was the CL qualifier
UEFA Cup placez only go to loserz in the third qualifyin stage.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
LMF^^ said:
You have a lot of catchin up to do my friend, should get to know yo team a bit better.

Most Man U fanz have a thing fo Celtic, and I do like to see Celtic win the SPL than Rangerz.
i know my team pretty well, ive just been taking it for granted that we're in europe. thats what happened when we lost against basel a few years ago, but that must have been in the third round of qualifying

Jimmy_B

HSC
yep, celtic got knocked out in the second round of cl qualis so i dont think they parachute into the uefa cup. their captain neil lennon said

"I thought we were going to do it at the end," said captain Neil Lennon. "We gave it everything we had, but to go out of Europe so early is sad. We lost this in the first leg and we only have ourselves to blame. That is the most galling thing about it all."

Benny_ said:
What does Tottenham have if either one of Carrick or Davids get injured? Squat, that's what.

Gilberto/Fabregas/Flamini can all play the holding MF role. Hleb can also play in the centre.
pedro mendes, michael carrick, michael brown, aaron lennon and teemu tainio. we're plenty covered in the centre of the park. great forward line of mido, defoe, kanoute and keane as well and the english number one keeper too. now if we could sign a couple more defenders we'd be laughing.

niall045

HSC
Jimmy, who do you support, so far ive picked up tottenham, newcastle, and chelsea. its probably that youre just against arsenal but itd be pretty tirin rootin for all of the above.

by the way, zeljko kalac is a milan player now. crazy

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Fuck Mido. He is one of the biggest bitch footballers around. I like Tainio though, and Aaron Lennon is a good investment - he was always one of the best youngsters in Championship Manager :)

Sydney FC have lost their first game 1-0 at Aussie Stadium after an awesome goal by Perth Glory youngster Nick Ward in the dying minutes of injury time. Note that Sydney FC were without Yorke and Petrovski.

Jimmy_B

HSC
niall045 said:
Jimmy, who do you support, so far ive picked up tottenham, newcastle, and chelsea. its probably that youre just against arsenal but itd be pretty tirin rootin for all of the above.

by the way, zeljko kalac is a milan player now. crazy
i support spurs and anyone playing against arsenal. we have another little brother whos a united fan, but hes too young for us to be horrible to him about that :)

kalac a milan player :eek: hope he gets a free cushion when he arrives. he'll spend plenty of time on their bench with dida and abbiati there.

niall045

HSC
abbiati left for genoa. readin what he say kalac doesnt particularly care, he's probably just there for the benefits of the pick up line "im a milan player baby."

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Jimmy_B said:
kalac a milan player :eek: hope he gets a free cushion when he arrives. he'll spend plenty of time on their bench with dida and abbiati there.
kalac wont even make the bench. it would be great to be a keeper at a big club, but whats the point when you could get a game at other clubs

i think he is 33. a youngster wouldn't mind his position, but unless he can challenge abbiati and dida, MOVE ON

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Abbiati is no longer at Milan. Milan also signed Eleftheropolous. I don't get the point of having three world class keepers, but being a Milan fan - I don't mind.

@possible line-ups for Italian teams - Ancelotti wasn't happy with the three man defence, so expect Cafu to drop back and Ancelotti to use more of the midfielders he has invested in. Jankulovski, Vogel and Esajas could play nicely with the Kaka, Seedorf, Gattuso combo (namely Jankulovski). Milan also signed a Bosnian Youngster so watch out for him - Bloudek I think. As for up front - no comment. Sheva, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Vieri.

More interestingly though is that Pierluigi Collina has been banned from refereeing Milan games because of his new deal with Opel (Milan's title sponsor is Opel).

Crazy Horse

HSC
Jimmy_B said:
He still comes home quite bit for dinner, mainly cos he cant cook, but yeah, I can't wait till Chelsea beat em in a weeks time :)
Thats most males for you. Cant cook or clean. Good for nothing. :D

niall045 said:
i think the only way anyone can think newcastle play well is if theyre drunk. Remember that soupless is manager. hectic, check up on your kid.

arsenal are gonna show emre which club he shouldve joined.
HAHAHA! Thats going in my sig.

I agree.

LMF^^ said:
*Black Eye Peas - Where Is The Love*
This thread should become interesting. :D
-----

Curious: How many of you knew that Cassano was Roma's vice captain?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
cassano is V.C? not for long. eventually he'll get out of favour with fans again, do something stoopid and piss off every one in the dressing room. then Spaletti will sell him and look for another world class striker to play for the Giallorossi. he wont find one and they'll come eighth on the ladder again. or do better once cassano is gone

Crazy Horse

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
cassano is V.C? not for long. eventually he'll get out of favour with fans again, do something stoopid and piss off every one in the dressing room. then Spaletti will sell him and look for another world class striker to play for the Giallorossi. he wont find one and they'll come eighth on the ladder again. or do better once cassano is gone
Spaletti's come out and said they wont be letting him go. His got 12 months on his contract left. I like Cassano - I think his a good player. He just needs a few good, hard kicks up the backside to straighten him out. There are some problems with the contract renewal and they say they'll keep him off the field if he doesn't sign. I doubt they'll do it. They need him on the pitch.

Juve were supposedly the first (out of the Serie A clubs) in the running for him but they've come out and said they're not going for him either. I don't know what Roma is intending to do? Cassano is a good player and they could try get him to sign but if he doesnt..... they should just try fetch a decent amount otherwise he'll walk for free next season..

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
you'd be hard pressed finding many Serie A fans who post here regularly, apart from Italian Hotshot and maybe another one or two.
I'm a supporter of Inter Milan. I just don't mention them much because this thread is mostly comprised of EPL fans.

At the moment its Arsenal 0- 0 Newcastle. I'm hoping for an upset Newcastle victory...but it seems unlikely because Jermaine Jenas has been sent off and the arse are really attacking the Newcastle goal.

edit: Henry penalty goal puts the Arse infront. Van Persie makes it 2-0.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Poor Newcastle, Parker defended hiz arse off, credit must go to him.
Ljunberg looked like he fell off hiz own foot, but oh well.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I reckon Van Nistelrooy can outscore Henry thiz season.

EDIT: how come my post came up befo yourz...???

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
I agree. Parker defended brilliantly and the challenge on Ljungberg looked pretty soft. Oh well...at least Henry's goal will help out the many henry-laden squads in the bos fantasy EPL comp :) .

Jimmy_B

HSC
LMF^^ said:
i thought ljungberg got a decent nudge into the back, so it was fair enough especially from where the ref was. their second goal was pretty special though.

oh and happy birthday to hectic. the old cunt ;)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Happy B'day HeCtic!

Even though I wasn't very happy about it...now you get to celebrate your birthday with a win to the Arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)