The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
I agree that my argument was pretty poor....but I disagree with your statement that Ronaldo was outplayed by Reyes last season.

I also noticed that you opted to steer away from comparing Rooney to any of Arsenal's players. Good decision....because you couldn't say that any of your youngsters outperformed him last season could you HeCtic? :)

I unfortunately missed last season's Community Shield match...so you are going to need more evidence than just one game to convince me. By the way...Is the Community Shield on Fox or ESPN?
Ronaldo v Reyes part 230485968 isn't gonna happen with me.People can refer to the previous thread for that beauty.

I could actually say Fab outplayed Rooney last season as well. He plays in a part of the field that you can't afford to go missing in and has looked unbelievable all the way through. But if Shrek is all you have to look forward too then be my guest. We have almost a whole team on exceptional talent coming through.

Community Shield is on ESPN midnight this Sunday.

Crazy Horse

HSC
timbk2 said:
maybe we should call this the Football thread 05/06 . ... u know.. with the whol Football thing in aus.
Nice. Can't believe you guys have got over 80 posts already!! Lets hope the rest of the season stays the same! :D

copious said:
Also, it seems the contract talks with Cahill and Everton have stalled? I hope to see him in a Man Utd shirt taking over Roy Keane when he retires.
His refused to sign an extension. Good to see his wanting to move on to bigger and better things... :)

niall045 said:
Hectic said it... must be right.
HeCtic the giver of wisdom aye?

HeCtic said:
Ronaldo v Reyes part 230485968 isn't gonna happen with me.People can refer to the previous thread for that beauty.
haha.

Love your sig HeCtic. Fabregas = A definite joy to watch. ;)

Oh - Anyone planning to put their money where their mouth is in regards to the EPL?

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fabregas wazn't a real first team starter last season waz he...? Well not after Gilberto came back anyway.

Did Fabregas play in the FA Cup final...? If he did then he must have been missin.

I honestly have doubtz over the Arse young'nz, but I'll keep thingz to myself befo the Community Shield.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
Oh - Anyone planning to put their money where their mouth is in regards to the EPL?
Liverpool to be in a feirce relegation battle with Man Utd and Chelsea :p

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Did Fabregas play in the FA Cup final...? If he did then he must have been missin.
I could have sworn he was playing..? He started if I remember correctly...

RUB!X said:
You know my heart skipped a beat when I read that. :eek:
Gosh all this study's gotten to my head. :eek:

LMF^^ said:
I could have sworn he was playing..? He started if I remember correctly...

RUB!X said:
You know my heart skipped a beat when I read that. :eek:
Gosh all this study's gotten to my head. :eek:

Edit: What are peoples thoughts on Brian Deane signing for Glory?? And Australia cancelling the friendly international against Colombia?

The Australian Squad for Socceroos camp in Netherlands...

John Aloisi (Alaves, Spain), Marco Bresciano (Parma, Italy), Tim Cahill (Everton, England), Scott Chipperfield (FC Basel, Switzerland), Jason Culina (Twente Enschede, The Netherlands), Ahmad Elrich (Fulham, England), Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers, England), Vince Grella (Parma, Italy), Joel Griffiths (Neuchatel Xamax, Switzerland), Zeljko Kalac (Perugia, Italy), Harry Kewell (Liverpool, England), Steve Laybutt (KAA Gent, Belgium), Stan Lazaridis (Birmingham City, England), Jon McKain (Politechnica AEK Timisoara, Romania), Ljubo Milicevic (FC Thun, Switzerland), Craig Moore (Newcastle United, England), Lucas Neill (Blackburn Rovers, England), Jade North (Newcastle United Jets, Australia), Saso Petrovski (Sydney FC, Australia), Tony Popovic (Crystal Palace, England), Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough, England), Josip Skoko (Genclerbirligi, Turkey), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory, Australia), Michael Thwaite (National Bucuresti, Romania), Tony Vidmar (NAC Breda, The Netherlands), Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough, England), Luke Wilkshire (Bristol City, England)*

Goalkeeper to be added.

- Sorry if it's a little late.

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm Brian Deane he's old, had a good career at leeds, boro and leicester but will be good experience for the local boys at the Glory.

As with the Socceroos squad, no surprises there. My only concern is the defense, not because he chose the wrong players, but we just cant seem to produce a world class defender.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Briane Deane.....old news and should be alright.

More importantly, Saso Petrovski included in the squad. I'm very excited, as earlier in th eyear he was playing for Banstown City Lions, and now he is up there - well done to him.

Crazy Horse

HSC
copious said:
Hmm Brian Deane he's old, had a good career at leeds, boro and leicester but will be good experience for the local boys at the Glory.
Agree. He should add class to the team and league.

Komit said:
Briane Deane.....old news and should be alright.
Crazy Horse said:
- Sorry if it's a little late.
;)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I honestly have doubtz over the Arse young'nz, but I'll keep thingz to myself befo the Community Shield.
LMF^^ knows better than Wenger obviously.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
No, I meant Brian Deane is old news. :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
I have my faith in him - he knows all!! Dont you LMF^^ :D
Well thank you :)

I don't know a lot, but any person can have doubtz. Maybe you Arse fanz just have too much faith in yo boyz...?

I haven't made any judgementz yet, I'll just wait and see.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
Nice. Can't believe you guys have got over 80 posts already!!
I can't believe the level of posting that is going on at this stage of the season either. After looking at the post count below I do, however, realise that I need to spend less time posting in this thread and more time studying because i've been an absolute post whore;

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 92

matt#1 20
HeCtic 10
LMF^^ 8
copious 8
timbk2 5
Benny_ 5
niall045 5
RUB!X 4
AcStyle* 4
Crazy Horse 4
Tender_Branson 4
Constip8edSkunk 4

Crazy Horse said:
HeCtic the giver of wisdom aye?
At least he likes to think so...:)

Crazy Horse said:
haha.

Love your sig HeCtic. Fabregas = A definite joy to watch. ;)
I personally think that he should have kept the previous sig. At least Lumparse has some quality about his play. :cool:

Crazy Horse said:
I think the top 4 positions in the EPL will be as follows:

1. Chelsea (unfortunately)
2. Man Utd
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool

...I hope these four teams fight out a tight battle for the title this year and keep it interesting.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Everton sign Phil Neville for 3.5million. I think he is a great buy for them and could go some way to filling the hole left by Gravesen's departure.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
haha matt you spammer

everton signed neville for 3.5 million, decent deal for man utd i reckon
(edit: lol slow typer)

epl prediction
chelsea
man utd
the arse
liverpool
boro
tottenham
everton
bolton
villa
charlton
birmingham
newcastle
city
fulham
blackburn
pompey
wigan
west ham
west brom
sunderland

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
For 3.5 million, I'd say Everton has been thoroughly ripped off. Phil was fairly good last year when Keane was out, but that was one small purple patch in an otherwise decidedly mediocre career. Even if he were to rediscover that sort of form, 3.5 million is still a lot of dough for a club like Everton to pay. Keep in mind that Liverpool's demand for 7 million for Baros outpriced them. That would mean that the Neville move has come pretty close to exhausting the Everton budget.

Oh well.. at least with a DM they might avoid any more 7-0 thrashings this season.

I might have said this already, but I'm predicting that Tottenham will be a very dangerous team this year. They have in Martin Jol a very decent manager, and a squad that, much as I hate to admit, rivals Liverpool's. Robinson, Naybet, King, Dawson, Lennon, Routledge, Carrick, Davids, Kanoute, Keane, Mido and of course Defoe are all very good or very promising players and most top teams wouldn't mind having them around as squad players. I suspect they'll finish 5th rather handily.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
For 3.5 million, I'd say Everton has been thoroughly ripped off. Phil was fairly good last year when Keane was out, but that was one small purple patch in an otherwise decidedly mediocre career.
I agree that it is a good deal for Man U...but I don't agree that Everton were "thoroughly ripped off". Phil Neville is an England international with a wealth of experience. He is also very versatile...being able to play in both the left and right defensive positions as well as defensive midfield. Everton really needed to find a player who can fill the gap left by Gravesen and that is why I think it is a good buy.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Oh and cried like bitches after they lost too.
Oh, I missed this line. The tears shed by Ronaldo and co. after losing the FA Cup final are just a reflection of their dedication to the team. You wouldn't see players like Reyes and Ashley Cole showing that amount of dedication would you? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)