• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
lol good call LMF

Carlos Alberto Parreira is considering fielding 4 forwards gainst Chile in the WC qualifier this weekend. Great news.. for Liverpool. If Chile manages to beat or even draw with Brazil their ranking will go above 70.. and THAT will mean that the technicality preventing mark Gonzalez from moving to Anfield will no longer be a problem.

Come on Parreira son, be an idiot and play 4 forwards.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Brazil played wit 4 forwardz in the Confed Cup final, look what happened there.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It won't always pay off. They'll definitely have a better chance if they just played Kaka OR Robinho behind Adriano and Ronaldo. Or both behind just Ronaldo or Adriano

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeah they need the balanced that they had in 2002, roque junior is still shithouse tho.

lets hope giggs own beckham and england tonight

edit: lol torres thanked athletico madrid for rehecting the 20 something mil offer for him by newcastle... good on him for having more sense than one Mr Owen

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
yeah they need the balanced that they had in 2002, roque junior is still shithouse tho.

lets hope giggs own beckham and england tonight

edit: lol torres thanked athletico madrid for rehecting the 20 something mil offer for him by newcastle... good on him for having more sense than one Mr Owen
Oh yeah, Owen has no sense.
Torres: Getting first team football EVERY week for Athletico Madrid.
Owen: Benchwarmer.
You can't compare them.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Madrid are cunning bastardz, look how much they made off Owen.

It makez me wonder why Rafa wanted to sell him in the first place.

Jimmy_B

HSC
madrid can't be that bad. i mean any team who steals arsenal's top two transfer targets(baptista and robinho) of the summer can't be that bad :D

england-wales tonight. i hope england get pumped tonight, i'm just waiting for the day sven gets the boot.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
On Rafa and Owen:

Rafa sold Owen because he wouldn't sign a new contract. He only had a year left and would have left on a bosman the next year.

This year Pool's plan was to use Owen's supposed loyalty to the club to get a cut-price deal from Madrid. The idea was that Owen was to insist a move to Pool regardless of how much Newcastle offered. However they didn't count on Owen chickening out at the prospect of Madrid just holding on to him and leaving him on the bench in a world cup year. In hindsight, Owen should have done as he was told by the Reds board, as Madrid were desperate to get some cash to pay for Sergio Ramos. Too bad Mikey.

Sense? He would have been first choice at Liverpool too if he was playing well enough. Now he's stuck in a mediocre club for the next 4 years.. unless of course the rumours of Shepard including a clause in his contract allowing him to leave after 1 season were true. Then it would've been a very smart move.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Owen needed to move. He has to be playing regularly in a World Cup season, other wise the likes of Defoeckingcunt would slip ahead of him.

If they can sort their defence and their cunt of a manager out then they'll do well Newcastle. Them and Spurs should be battling it out for 5th spot, possibly 4th if one of Arsenal, United or Pool have a crock year.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Anybody watching Socceroos vs Solomons right now? We aren't taking enough shots dagnabbit!

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
yea, i am, and now it is 6 zip.

the islander keeper is shite. they should be punishing him

what do you think of the 3-5-2 formation?

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Seems to be working alright, doubt he'll stick to it in the next game though.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Kewell is still Australia's best player. If he can return to top form when he returns to full fitness, he'll be our best chance against any given team. As a Pool fan I can understand your frustrations, but Kewell is as important to Australia as Zidane is to France. We're not bad without him, but he's our only proven matchwinner.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
the debate to whether bresciano or culina should be our attacking mid will be intense. vinnie grellas role under guus will also be interesting. as for kewell, hes our best when hes fit. fingers crossed for november

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
If Guus wants to keep Vidmar in the starting line-up, we can kiss Deutschland goodbye.

Hopefully he'll try someone not so shit out next time.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well yeh i was surpirsed laziridis wasnt given a go. he carves up any team down the left, including in the premiership. maybe guus wants an actual full back rather than a marauding wing back.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeah i couldnt believe vidmar was starting when i saw the team list... good to see dukes getting his name on the scorers sheet for australia. but gee their goalie had shocker

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
i've realised that mr scott chiperfield is better than i thought he was...he's very similar to emo on the right...quick, strong good skill and can put in some good crosses...but like constip8ed skunk said before, their keeper got owned today...timmy cahill's goal was a nice example...it was gold :D

Numero Uno

HSC
geez guys how boring was that game .. solomans got owned badly
i cant wait till they play the 5th south american team
and the tables change
and this time aus will get owned badly ...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Chippers is good. Emmo has gotten progressively shiter since joining Blackburn.I woulda loved to see Elrich given a go tonight.

And Numero is right. The South Americans will fuck us up defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)