• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slip

HSC
North America doesnt deserve 3.5 and I dont believe Asia deserves 4.5 and now that australia has left oceania (even being born in nz) I dont think oceania deserves 0.5. I mean reduce all those by 0.5 and who msses out that actually deserves to be there now?

Africa deserves far more then the number the have (is it 5 or 6?) you have senegal, south africa, ghana, morocco, egpyt, cameroon, nigeria, tunisia plus another 40 odd nations... all 8 of those teams could ,ake the second round of a world cup...

uraguay has a tough final 2 games from memory... i think we can beat the sth americans... as some else said defending isnt limited to defenders, its a team task. hiddink will sort it out. i wasnt really trying to start a debate about the formation... its seems to me hiddink will work with a 3-5-2 that is easily converted into a 4-4-2 and possibly 5-3-2 is really needed, basic through the use of 2 midfielders that have the ability to play as backs... I was sort trying to see where you guys thought people would fit into the aussie team...

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Maybe if Australia joined CONCACAF we'd hav a bettr chance of qualifyin, apart from the US and Mexico who else is there? We could easily finish in 3rd place... :rolleyes:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
hey guys...I just thought that I would make a post here to tell you that I will no longer be using BOS. I've had a great time posting in this thread and may even come back here from time to time. Special thanks to HeCtic and Di for the many memorable multi-page arguments :) .

oh...and go Manchester United!!!! :)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Any reasons Matt? We'll miss your input, all the best.

niall045

HSC
matt#1 said:
hey guys...I just thought that I would make a post here to tell you that I will no longer be using BOS. I've had a great time posting in this thread and may even come back here from time to time. Special thanks to HeCtic and Di for the many memorable multi-page arguments :) .

ohh.... come in for a sec n BANG! well, best of luck with everything, u will be missed. later

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Best of luck mate! and thanks for all the hundreds of posts in the last couple of seasons.

AcStyle* said:
Maybe if Australia joined CONCACAF we'd hav a bettr chance of qualifyin, apart from the US and Mexico who else is there? We could easily finish in 3rd place... :rolleyes:
Jamaca and Costa Rica are decent, Hondurus can also kick a ball a bit... but I agree, theres should probably only be 2.5 spots

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
matt#1 said:
personal reasons. I'm sure you guys will do just fine without my Man-U biased comments though. All the best guys!
l8rz Matt, all the best :)

Constip8edSkunk said:
Jamaca and Costa Rica are decent, Hondurus can also kick a ball a bit... but I agree, theres should probably only be 2.5 spots
Actually i thought Canada would be at least half decent at football, seeing as tho there's quite a lot of immigrants there, but yeah i guess they're into winter sports more...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Sorry to see you go Matt. Good luck with everything in the future.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:

You'll be missed buddy. I was actually considering a retirement too, but I'll hold it off till I move house again. Good luck for the future mate.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
sif retire, ive been here since the beginning! however i only post in sport lol.

anyway gg socceroos 2 - 1 against a ten man solomons o_O;

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Zeljko Kalac
Lucas Neill
Brett Emerton
Mark Viduka (c) (Ahmad Elrich h/t)
Tim Cahill (Luke Wilkshire h/t)
Scott Chipperfield (Stan Lazaridis 71')
Vince Grella
Archie Thompson
Jon McKain
Jason Culina
Mark Bresciano

if this lineup can only beat solomon islands by a single goal, should we be worried? i know it was played in hot honiara, i know there was no pressure, i know that a million excuses will be used for a lack of goals, but i dont know...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
How can you leave thiz place, itz like the best thread in the world. I'm still here becauz of thiz thread, otherwise I would be long gone.

Anyway good luck mate, we'll win the Premier League thiz season. :)

Crazy Horse

HSC
Matt#1 said:
hey guys...I just thought that I would make a post here to tell you that I will no longer be using BOS. I've had a great time posting in this thread and may even come back here from time to time. Special thanks to HeCtic and Di for the many memorable multi-page arguments :).

Cya Matt. Good luck with everything. :)

LMF^^ - It's nice to dream. :D

How many of you are dying for the November game?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LMF^^ said:
How can you leave thiz place, itz like the best thread in the world. I'm still here becauz of thiz thread, otherwise I would be long gone.
Ditto there I think LMF. I noticed CT has died. This thread isn't looking too healthy either though is it? Matty's gone, posts by Diana, Hectic, yourself and I have all become few and far in between. I'm just waiting for a couple of more new guys like bj_bhoy to become regulars here. Then I'm probably outta here too.

Diana: Very much looking forward to it but I only wish Guus had come in before the Confeds Cup. Then he would have had more than enough time to learn about the team and apply some of his ideas. As it is I'm not sure how much of an impact he'd have made come November. Then again a lot of things can happen between now and then. Maybe Kewell will find his best form and Forlan will get injured. Maybe

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
How many of you are dying for the November game?
Me! I just registered for the football family so I can get first priority over the public!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)