• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
^ Another smartarse. Lovely. :)

Who's been following the U17's in Peru?

The Aussies were up against Mexico yesterday. I thought it was enjoyable. The Mexicans threaded the ball past the Aussie mid and back line quite nicely at times and I found that furstrating. When I left for school it was 65min or so and the Aussies were down 2-0. I think they're airing another match Friday morning so am looking forward to that.

HSC
@ Diana - A schoolmates brother is a defender for the Joeys and another person that went to my school is in the squad, so I kind of keep an eye out for their results. Another disappointing national team display for a junior side, but apparently Mexico are one of the favs for the tournament and have a highly regarded youth system in play.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
the joeys had a tough draw. mexico have a great lineup, Carlos Vela a great signing by barca. turkey were tough too, being the euro champs and all

hilarous bout spurs :D not a arse fan but any epl club that gets owned by a non league club is funny

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LMAONADE ROFLCOPTER etc. at Tottenham losing to a non EPL side. Of course Pool lost to Burnley in the FA cup..... but that's hardly the same thing :)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Benny_ said:
LMAONADE ROFLCOPTER etc. at Tottenham losing to a non EPL side. Of course Pool lost to Burnley in the FA cup..... but that's hardly the same thing :)
Sure it is

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
im lovin the name of the bolivian club playing in the copa sudamericana- The Strongest.

we should rename chelsea The Cuntz

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
crap...Fulham beat Lincoln 5-4 in extra time....

thats not a walkover...supposedly lucky to win too

whats in the cheap water over in england?

Elrich also made his debut :)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yes tottenham had 10 internationals on the pitch haha and got beat ... HAHA

i hope HeCtic gives you an absoulute mouthful Jimmy :p

Last edited:

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
do the epl clubs just not give a shit bout the league cup? while it seems the managers showed a bit of respect by fielding full strength lineups, the players must not care.

maybe the should restructure the cup so that only non epl clubs compete in it. many say it has become redundant and should be scrapped altogether, but its a good opportunity for the non epl clubs to make some cash they rarely see and enjoy cup football. theres also too much history to scrap it completely. from memory i think the trophy has gone to anfield more often than anywhere else

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I think they should introduce something like the FA Trophy (Conference and below) for the Championship and the two lower Leagues. Maybe transfer the League Cup to something like this, because it's a pretty useless competition, just a smaller FA Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)