The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
meh surprise surprise a 0 - 0 draw at Anfield. Didnt watch the game, did Kewell come on?

btw fifa 06 is out, go leech.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
beautiful morning of ucl football.

hey, i was hoping to sing youll never walk alone. a nil-all draw will have to do, especiallly after mourinho said they didnt deserve to win last year.

inter managed to beat rangers. it seems they struggled tho, it cant be too hard to beat a team that hibs beat 3-0. inter had to play in an empty stadium coz of last years ban they earned after the derby.

seedorf got a goal in 21 sec, but still had a 2-2 draw with schalke

Fener thrashed PSV, as artmedia beat porto. it seems guus will probably get culina in january, hopefully psv will still be there in europe so culina gets ucl football. its been a dramatic fall for porto. there are still 4 games to go, but i doubt they'll make the second round

Edit: kewell didnt play. it seems hes got some time in reserves before he gets a shot at first team football again . and fifa 06 is out you say? great, just before the HSC. mark this moment down as the one which cost me good marks

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
copious said:
meh surprise surprise a 0 - 0 draw at Anfield. Didnt watch the game, did Kewell come on?

btw fifa 06 is out, go leech.
Reds were robbed...deliberate handball by Gallas, no penalty! :mad:

And yeah best performance of the nite, Artmedia - won 3-2 after being 2-0 down against the '04 champions.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
AcStyle* said:
Reds were robbed...deliberate handball by Gallas, no penalty! :mad:

And yeah best performance of the nite, Artmedia - won 3-2 after being 2-0 down against the '04 champions.
reds should've/could've won...despite the facts saying otherwise (i think 'them' had more possession)

and gallas' hand-ball/swipe/brilliant reaction save in the box should've been a penalty...but as with the first 20 minutes the referee was inconsistent (alonso got a yellow for nothing and lampard studded gerrard and got nothing)

neither team managed to make/take good shots at their opponents goals either. Robbens was Chelskis best, and hamanns jiggle through the defenders and low cross past the static cech was good (wish someone poked it in :eek:)

liked L'pools one-touch passing play that they used (to great effect) for most of the game, and Chelsea with their long balls over traores head seemed to work fairly well (field position anyway)

and haha at porto....

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Many say Reds will be robbed, probably gonna be the talking point of the day.
And FIFA games are rubbish, get Pro Evo.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I've been playing Pro Evo and Winning 11 for years. However I think this will be the first time that FIFA is actually catching up. 75% of the development team of fifa 05 was replaced.
Do you patch? If you do, the main patcher 'Wolf' has converted to FIFA 06 after years of patching for WInning 11/Pro evo.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Well it's about damn time they moved on, it's been essentially the same game since 2002.
Oh, and the new FM (Football Manager) comes out early November

Jimmy_B

HSC
braad said:
and gallas' hand-ball/swipe/brilliant reaction save in the box should've been a penalty...
watching it with my brother and the first thing he said was "karma you cunts" reffering to henchoz in the 01 cup final. he said itd be funny seeing all the pool fans bitch about it today.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It was a great performance by the Reds. We were totally in control and Chelsea was playing for a draw througout.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
watching it with my brother and the first thing he said was "karma you cunts" reffering to henchoz in the 01 cup final. he said itd be funny seeing all the pool fans bitch about it today.
i just merely brought up what was seen :)

but it's football...that stuff happens (yes..like '01)

T

timbk2

was a pretty tight game. chelsea didnt provide much space for liverpool to work with, but the liverpool passing was pretty impressive.

2 blatant penalty appeals wernt given.. the game was so tight.. i think the only way either team could score was through a penalty or from a set-piece.

Will be an interesting re-match on sunday.. Hamman, Traore and Alonso played well.. . Garcia... unbelievable the amount of times he lost the ball.

and cisse doesnt belong on the right wing.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Why does Liverpool always play so well in Europe...but not in the EPL?!!?! I know that the European game is different to that in England...but they were playing Chelsea...an English team. Anyway...I thought that 'pool were pretty unlucky not to win because they played better than Chelsea and should have been awarded a penalty or two.

^___^
HSC
matt#1 said:
Why does Liverpool always play so well in Europe...but not in the EPL?!!?! I know that the European game is different to that in England...but they were playing Chelsea...an English team. Anyway...I thought that 'pool were pretty unlucky not to win because they played better than Chelsea and should have been awarded a penalty or two.

european teams usually don't get to aggressive and fast within the midfield; with the slower pace, Alonso and Hamann are allowed to move the ball around a lot more better and efficiently. Gerrard's pace is good at running at opponent's defence who are not so accustomed to speedy midfielders. Afterall, not many midfielders outside england are like him.

Chelsea in this case, just literally sat back and tried to absurb what is coming at them, if they were playing other england teams like blackburn or arsenal(with vieria), the midfield would've tried to shut down Alonso as soon as they could.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
timbk2 said:
Will be an interesting re-match on sunday.. Hamman, Traore and Alonso played well.. . Garcia... unbelievable the amount of times he lost the ball.
Yeah from what I saw in the first half Garcia certainly played shithouse.

Why are gamez involvin Chelsea so borin to watch...

Crazy Horse

HSC
SO MUCH TO SAY! SO MUCH TO SAY! Just watched it now! Promised myself if I studied all day - I'd watch the match! And suprise-suprise managed to get more work done today then l thought was possible! :)

Chelski v Us.

Explain how we managed to get screwed over by the ref again. This isn't the only match against Chelsea this has happened in. Why are they turning a blind eye? Its pathetic and unprofessional. With all the controversy with Refs and Chelsea earlier on - are they now afraid to speak out even against the blatantly obvious. If your in the position of power and have the authority to make decisions – you have to be aware that it is also your responsibility to make the calls even if your going to cop slack. I'm not just saying this because it was against Pool – this would be any team. If one of the Pool players did something out of line I'd be mighty disappointed if the Ref didn't pull them back in. These players are being watched by millions all around the globe. Many of whom are youngsters who adore and worship them.

As for that article about us not deserving the CL title – Mourinho can tick right off. We deserved it fair and square. He can cry all he wants – He seems to forget about Cech and a warranted red card! We deserved it and the "special one" can get screwed for all I care. As for US playing longball??? DO YOU WATCH YOUR OWN BOYS???

We played better. End of.

Crouch was great. I think Crouch does a good job of unsettling the back four and pulling them out of position – he needs someone to finish it off at times though. Someone explain to me why is he playing on his lonesome if he cant put it in the goal on his own often enough? Remind me again why we had Baros shipped off?? I sure as hell wish he remained but then again I always had a soft spot for the boy. :D

Hamann – What can be said? SIGN ANOTHER EXTENSION!

My Xabi – like I said in a post a while ago – falls back for Stevie. Had Chelski mid eating from the palm of his hand. Although few things that I hope Rafas dealing with. Personally I think the boy needs to be given more options. He hasn't been able to go for the usual balls like last season. Watching him reminded me of some of his passes/shots last season that took my breath away. I want to see the same happen again. Clearly remember his shot against United last season from the half-way line. Was a pure beauty. Carroll stopped it though with tip of his fingers. God, if it'd gone in - sure been the goal of the season in my opinion. :) I'm sure Rafas picked up and working on it though.

Jimmy - tell HeCtic that if this is all we get I'll gladly cop it on the chin. What we stole was so much more :D And besides - only group stages. They walked away from Anfield without getting a goal! HELL YEA! :D :D :D

LMF^^ game got better after half time.

Tim - I think Cisse should be given a chance with Crouch up front. Is Rafa planning to use 4-5-1 often? As for Garcia - the boy needs to not drop so much. I swear I feel like I see Luis drop 50 times every time I watch a Pool game. His passing this game - Shocking. Ben was saying the same thing a few weeks ago as well.

braad said:
Robbens was Chelskis best
You watching the same game I was? Shameful in my opinion.

Chelsea back four were in shambles – could have easily scored a goal or two!

And Lampard?? Had a dicussion with one of you boys about which the better - Lampard or Gerrard. I stand by my statement that its Gerrard. Said it and will continue to say it time and time again. This game was living proof. Sven a fool in my opinion for the way he arranges them.

Makelele, however, was solid. If he didnt get booked early on - no way in hell we would have had as many chances as we did. Shame his two counterparts undo alot of his stuff.

One thing about our opposition.... I swear watching them confused the hell out of me. It was as if they were running around – without a role? Am I only person thinking that? Maybe it was too early in the morning for me to be thinking though.....

Ohh and MY man of the match........

You guessed it! Xabi Alonso! ;)

Edit: Sorry its so damn long.

BRING ON SUNDAY!!! Chelski - prepare to get a right good smashing from my Red Men! :D

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
Explain how we managed to get screwed over by the ref again. This isn't the only match against Chelsea this has happened in. Why are they turning a blind eye? Its pathetic and unprofessional. With all the controversy with Refs and Chelsea earlier on - are they now afraid to speak out even against the blatantly obvious.
Well Liverpool got the goal in the semi-final, so that evenz it out a bit don't you reckon...? :)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
hey, dont hold back or anything. just make sure you get your priorities right tho- studying or football on BoS? :p

culina has agreed to terms with PSV, set to play alongside vennegoor of hesselink, whose name i love. the striker of PSV is always guarranteed to bang in 20 goals a season, a good more in my books. i think guus may have got a bargain, even if twente didnt wanna let him go

now for the uefa cup fixtures. ive only just realised they have gone back to the home-away leg comp, not last years shit group stage. i havent realised how fucked everton are until now

Crazy Horse

HSC
^ Crazy how much I can find to write/say about when it comes to football. I'll waffle on for hours. When it comes to schoolwork...actually take that back - I can waffle about anything. haha :D.

Nah seriously - great motivation. Got up at 8 and studied basically all day until 9ish. Deserved a break. :)

LMF^^ said:
Well Liverpool got the goal in the semi-final, so that evenz it out a bit don't you reckon...? :)
lol. No. That was a goal - nothing special. :) But like I said - I'll take it on the chin. Karma will come back to bite those boys in the arse - hopefully on Sunday. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)