The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slip

HSC
that sounds like the word of crazy 'liverpool fan' horse

ill say you guys deserved to win the champions league... if chelsea couldnt score more goals then you in 180minutes (which was the case whether liverpools goal was or was not) and you can beat ac milan, juve and more... then you deserve to win the ucl.

but dont have a bitch (and say you would do the same if liverpool got an advantage from the ref.... you wouldnt, cause you would never thing liverpool got an advantage unless someone proved it to you :p) when ref doesnt give the calls your way after you did get the call on the goal last year (not saying whether it was or was not, just that in the end the call could have gone either way and the tie could have gone with it)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
lol. No. That was a goal - nothing special. :) But like I said - I'll take it on the chin. Karma will come back to bite those boys in the arse - hopefully on Sunday. :D
What about the karma from the FA Cup final of '01 :uhhuh: Almost the exact same scenario, except you guys were against the Arse.
And up Bolton, into the group stages :D

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
KEANE PLANS TO LEAVE MAN U AT THE END OF THE YEAR.

and we are gonna have him!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
As for that article about us not deserving the CL title – Mourinho can tick right off. We deserved it fair and square. He can cry all he wants – He seems to forget about Cech and a warranted red card! We deserved it and the "special one" can get screwed for all I care. As for US playing longball??? DO YOU WATCH YOUR OWN BOYS???
you bother to listen to him? i thought you were smarter than that...

lol, he also reckons the whole world is against chelsea...funny that, possibly because of HIS arrogance (the players are like any other group of players)

Crouch was great. I think Crouch does a good job of unsettling the back four and pulling them out of position – he needs someone to finish it off at times though. Someone explain to me why is he playing on his lonesome if he cant put it in the goal on his own often enough? Remind me again why we had Baros shipped off?? I sure as hell wish he remained but then again I always had a soft spot for the boy. :D
i dont understand why defenders havent figured crouch out...every player has a couple of 'trademark' things/moves they do in most situations, Crouch is one who has some and could be shut down majority of the time

My Xabi – like I said in a post a while ago – falls back for Stevie. Had Chelski mid eating from the palm of his hand. Although few things that I hope Rafas dealing with. Personally I think the boy needs to be given more options. He hasn't been able to go for the usual balls like last season. Watching him reminded me of some of his passes/shots last season that took my breath away. I want to see the same happen again. Clearly remember his shot against United last season from the half-way line. Was a pure beauty. Carroll stopped it though with tip of his fingers. God, if it'd gone in - sure been the goal of the season in my opinion. :) I'm sure Rafas picked up and working on it though.
all i'll say is...love those defensive mids (ok...he mightnt be, but like you said, he's a work horse who seemed to cover the defence fairly often....)

You watching the same game I was? Shameful in my opinion.
well, i was talking about robbens shot on goal...you know the one he cut in from the right and shot (pepe knocked it over)

Crazy Horse

HSC
Hi Slip. :)

slip said:
ill say you guys deserved to win the champions league... if chelsea couldnt score more goals then you in 180minutes (which was the case whether liverpools goal was or was not) and you can beat ac milan, juve and more... then you deserve to win the ucl.
We sure as hell did! :D

slip said:
but dont have a bitch (and say you would do the same if liverpool got an advantage from the ref.... you wouldnt, cause you would never thing liverpool got an advantage unless someone proved it to you :p) when ref doesnt give the calls your way after you did get the call on the goal last year (not saying whether it was or was not, just that in the end the call could have gone either way and the tie could have gone with it)
lol! True (and yes it was a bitch) BUT if someone proves it to me - I would agree - I wouldnt fight that we were in the right.

Matt#1 will stand by my statement methinks. I hate United those (list of explicit terms) idiots :) BUT when stupid moves have been made against them - I've offered my sympathy. Garcia's tackle on Keane - was disappointed he didnt get booked for that. Straightout Red in my books. These boys are role models. It's a responsibility they cant shy away from. It's the same for Refs – that was the main point of me getting on my high horse. Not that we actually missed getting the 'advantage' - more that Refs need to make a stand (whether it for or against us). :)

bazookajoe said:
What about the karma from the FA Cup final of '01 :uhhuh: Almost the exact same scenario, except you guys were against the Arse.
And up Bolton, into the group stages :D
Yep. Like I said – Ill be keeping my fingers crossed that's the Karma all right. Wasn't too bad in my opinion. :D

Congrats! Havn't been following much to be honest! Keep the updates coming!! :)

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
KEANE PLANS TO LEAVE MAN U AT THE END OF THE YEAR.

and we are gonna have him!
ya. Read the article today (while I was printing notes for study. No HSC time wasting for me ;)). Pretty shocking – I know his ageing but hell – United without Keane. I'm actually quite fond of the bloke if I'm honest (Matt - you pleased? Compliment for your much loved captain! :)). If you get him – good move. I'm sure he'd have quite a lot to teach. Much class.

braad said:
you bother to listen to him? i thought you were smarter than that...

lol, he also reckons the whole world is against chelsea...funny that, possibly because of HIS arrogance (the players are like any other group of players)
hahaha. I thought you meant that I misread his statement at first.

I wouldn't bother to read the articles but there is ALWAYS a pic of him in the articles up – and he's easy on the eyes. ;)

braad said:
well, i was talking about robbens shot on goal...you know the one he cut in from the right and shot (pepe knocked it over)
Ya. I remember. But that doesn't substitute for the rest of the game in my opinion.

myg0t said:
No-one here is a newcastle fan But your questions got be thinking. No idea really? I asked a few people yesterday but no-one seems to know. It just is? I'm sure there is a reason. If it comes up - I'll post! :)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
I wouldn't bother to read the articles but there is ALWAYS a pic of him in the articles up – and he's easy on the eyes. ;)

Ya. I remember. But that doesn't substitute for the rest of the game in my opinion.
i know...i was talking about the best shots/opportunities they had..not the whole game :)

No-one here is a newcastle fan But your questions got be thinking. No idea really? I asked a few people yesterday but no-one seems to know. It just is? I'm sure there is a reason. If it comes up - I'll post! :)
ohhh NUFC arent THAT bad...

toon = tyneside???

Crazy Horse

HSC
braad said:
i know...i was talking about the best shots/opportunities they had..not the whole game :)

ohhh NUFC arent THAT bad...

toon = tyneside???
Sorry Brad - I assumed you meant the entire game! :)

Not THAT good either. ;)

Took Jimmys advice and googled it. The following is an explanation from some Newcastle supporter.

Some Newcastle supporter said:
"Toon army" = "Town army" in Geordie Speak.

They pronounce their Ale as "Newcastle Broon Ale".
They say "ow"s as "oo"s.

The origins of the term 'Geordie' as a nickname for George are Scottish.

The first common usage of the term 'geordies' to describe
the citizens of Newcastle - are also of Scottish origin. And you can see why Geordie accents are very similar to Scottish ones.
myg0t - hope that helps!! :)

Everton update - Arteta got smacked in stoppage time. Neck injury from what I hear. Still in hospital but they say he's ok. Keep my fingers crossed that it'll be a full and speedy recovery.

DistantCube

HSC
Damn, hope Arteta goes well, he was one of my hopefulls.

And NUFC have only really just begun their season, I think they'll play better near the close.

Jimmy_B

HSC
jason culina signs for psv :cool:

another one of our boys to play in the champions league this season. guus would obviously have to rate him to make this signing, so expect him to get some game time and possibly start for the socceroos in november.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well now itz time to look fo a real midfielder, the likez of Smith and Fletcher just ain't up to it at the top level.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Holy cow.. anyone see Danny Mills' 35 yard thunderbolt against the blueshite? Early contender for goal of the season.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Liverpool 1 Chelsea 4 (Blues march on... eight from eight) :D

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
flyin' said:
Liverpool 1 Chelsea 4 (Blues march on... eight from eight) :D
Well wotever slim hope we had of winning the league is basically gone now, mite as well concentrate on defending our European Cup... :p

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
When you have a trusty defender in Traore, you can win just about anythin.

And Garcia, played very shit again. All in all, Chelsea deserved to win.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
haha the premiership race is really warming up this season isnt it... gonna be a tight one...

SAF really should play park more instead of leaving him on the bench all the time, he was the spark in the man utd team against fulham, 3 assists for 3 goals (well one was for a penalty)

paolo maldini has scored his 1st double in his 802nd game for milan. Legend.

also a bit late but i hate all you who had ronaldinho in your UEFA fantasy team...especially the bastard who had him as captain :vcross: :p

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
flyin' said:
Liverpool 1 Chelsea 4 (Blues march on... eight from eight)
benitez shoulda told his boys that they were playing ucl football. seriously, what happened? i havent seen or heard anything bout the match, but shit... 4-1?

Constip8edSkunk said:
haha the premiership race is really warming up this season isnt it... gonna be a tight one...
its a sad day for the epl when the spl is proving to be closer. hearts now lead by only 3 pts. i cant wait for our bhoys to play them, it'll be a cracker.

Constip8edSkunk said:
also a bit late but i hate all you who had ronaldinho in your UEFA fantasy team...especially the bastard who had him as captain :vcross: :p
you dont have ronaldinho in your team? he should be in ANY fantasy team, he's a guarantee. same with adriano when he plays, i had him as captain, didnt know he wasnt being used. also had rooney in my team, i should check my fantasy teams more regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)