The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
M'broughRockz said:
the premiership is over, chelsea are too far ahead. Its bullshit..
meh...it seems to have a runaway leader...

whoc ares, the best part is always the relegation dog fight, and who gets the euro spots etc (like your boro) :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Of courz we care about the WC, shame that Argentina couldn't play any better. Uruguay waz not that impressive anyway. Recoba, apart from the goal, didn't do too much. Missed the one on one chance, Forlan would've been disgusted had they been knocked out.

There ain't no Dario Silva in the current Uruguayan team, and we are better prepared now compared to last time around. I'm pretty confident now that we can qualify, providin that we play well in the away leg. They haven't won away in the entire qualifyin campaign, so we can really smash em at home.

Get well soon Harry, Australia needz you.

HSC
slip said:
nobody cares about the worldcup?
Of course everyone <3's the WC, it is just that so much has happened in the last 24 hours it is hard to get your head around it.

Who could imagine a World Cup without Russia, or even the defending European champions Greece? Add to this massive changes in Africa (no Nigeria or Cameroon) and it is taking a while for it to all sink in.

Don't worry, come mid November you won't be able to go out in public without someone discussing Australia and "Destiny '06!'

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Whatz worse, the play-off comez around durin my exam timez. :(

Uruguay again :(. The play-off takes place during my exam period as well. It will be a just reward for all the hard work that we have been doing during the semester :) .

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Uruguay again :(. The play-off takes place during my exam period as well. It will be a just reward for all the hard work that we have been doing during the semester :) .
Hard work...? I don't do work at uni. :p

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Hard work...? I don't do work at uni. :p
Whilst we are on the topic of no work...I just looked at the 'who posted' stats again and me and HeCtic are still up top despite leaving bos or rarely ever posting anymore in my case. Now I am beginning to understand why my grades were so bad at the beginning of semester :I

who posted?

matt#1 156
LMF^^ 152
HeCtic 137
Benny_ 97
copious 96
bJ_Bhoy 87 85
bazookajoe 82
Crazy Horse 63
Numero Uno 59
Constip8edSkunk 51
AcStyle* 44
braad 44
... 44
Jimmy_B 38
timbk2 33

Numero Uno

HSC
oohh im lucky 9 !!
gotta spam 4 more posts and im lucky 8!!
and yes .. i dont have exams during the Wc qualifiers
but i got my formal when aus plays uruguay in the 2nd leg !1
so .. im coming a bit late to my formal :p

niall045

HSC
LMF^^ said:
There ain't no Dario Silva in the current Uruguayan team, and we are better prepared now compared to last time around. I'm pretty confident now that we can qualify, providin that we play well in the away leg.
Well dario silva gone is something, but forlan has the european golden boot (highest goalscorer from the major leagues, cant remember the real name but meh), morales is as tall as kalac n we dont have a particularly towering defence, recoba and zalayeta are in big clubs. recoba is a very smart and able player, zalayeta has scored some very important goals for juventus and has scored a bunch for uruguay.
Im not judging them on 3 performances ive seen in 4 years. they werent utterly convincing against argentina but they were playin argentina all the same.

I still think we can beat the bastards, but its gonna take a massive effort. bresciano, cahill, kewell, culina, aloisi n viduka all have to be fit and confident. They are going to get our goals n i doubt we will qualify without an away goal (unless we get 0-0 in montevideo).

Im not sure about thwaite starting since it would only be his 2nd game in the green n gold and in one of the hardest places to play. Maybe for the return leg though. Im very uncertain about the backs since i dont trust vidmar and popovic enough. we would have to blood mckain or milisevic back into the starting 11, but in that case thwaite has as much promise/experience as either of them. hmmm

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
I heard the team will do all their preparation and training etc in Buenos Aires and fly in and out of Montevideo, hardly spending a minute more than they need to in Uruguay..

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Forlan hasn't been in the best touch for Villareal this season. Hopefully his goal drought will continue well into November :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah Forlan can't seem to repeat hiz form of last season and Zalayeta iz findin it hard to break into the first team at Juve. But a lot of our Aussie contigent don't play regularly at club level either. It might pay off though, seein that Greece did win the Euro wit a team of mostly club reservez.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
we really needed to have hired guus earlier than right before the qualifiers... like before the confed cup... and give him some time to work his magic. how long was reihaggel(however you spell those german names) with greece before euro? we've already improved more in the last couple of months than we have under frank in the last few years

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Wigan 1-0 Newcastle
They're playing incredibly at the moment, 5 wins in 6. Jewell the rightful winner of manager of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)