The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
The atmosphere at the Liverpool - Celtic UEFA Cup games a few yrs back must hav been amazing...both home and away fans singing YNWA as one..

Jimmy_B

HSC
Crazy Horse said:
HeCtic junior aye?
gawd, what do i have to do to dissassociate myself from that cunt? ;)

Crazy Horse said:
Ah... how about OUR 5 CL TROPHIES!!! :D
AcStyle* said:
Not to mention our 18 league titles...
same old liverpool fans, living in the past ;)

talking about the present though:

OMFG LOOK WHO'S COMING THIRD???

SPURS FOR EUROPE!!!! :)

oh, and looks like the first reasonable debate in this thread since the two spammers left

Jimmy_B

HSC
untill then, im gonna live it up :)

i'll probably be too drunk enjoying life after the hsc to give too much of a toss anyway ;)

oh, and "a young england star" is set to be charged for rape after an incidnet on the weekend.

"kr, mu" is what i've been told. (ie don't name the cunt or it could be considered defamatory")

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
I thought you Celtic fanz are suppose to have a soft spot fo us Man Utd supporterz. I've alwayz preferred Celtic winnin than Rangers.
Looks like your love aint returned. Time to switch? :D

Jimmy_B said:
gawd, what do i have to do to dissassociate myself from that cunt? ;)

same old liverpool fans, living in the past ;)
Stop acting like a cunt ;)

LMF^^ said:
I expect the wheelz to fall off fo Spurz come Christmas time.
I agree. Too many people doing Spurs ass-kissing in my opinion.

Jimmy_B said:
i'll probably be too drunk enjoying life after the hsc to give too much of a toss anyway ;)
Schoolies?

I'm back to working again the day after HSC ends but I've got weekends off and finish at 5pm anyways.

BRING ON THE 3RD OF NOVEMBER! :D :D

Jimmy_B said:
oh, and "a young england star" is set to be charged for rape after an incidnet on the weekend.

"kr, mu" is what i've been told. (ie don't name the cunt or it could be considered defamatory")
Talking about this one? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4265096.stm

Another thing:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4315584.stm
SIGN HIM! SIGN HIM!!!!!!! GOD PLEASE SIGN HIM!!!!!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
kr, mu = kieran richardson, man utd ?

haha joaquin for pool ... keep dreaming

HSC
Any else thinking that the Rafa-lution has gone a tad too far? :p

Some of the Spanish players Liverpool have bought have done well, but others like Garcia have really been hit and miss purchases. Of course Joaquin is a internationally renowned player - but buying based alot on nationality can backfire. Valencia recently bought a swag of Italians such as Corradi (5 or 6 from memory?) and almost all have left the club.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
LMF^^ said:
I thought you Celtic fanz are suppose to have a soft spot fo us Man Utd supporterz. I've alwayz preferred Celtic winnin than Rangers.
dont worry- ive got so much love to give.

nah, i like both clubs in their own way. celtic and liverpool fans are meant to be closer, but its not if i go for any team exclusively. half the teams in the epl i like, the others i hate eg arsenal and chelsea. the best thing you got going is Roy Keane. expect to see this in a year:

AcStyle* said:
The atmosphere at the Liverpool - Celtic UEFA Cup games a few yrs back must hav been amazing...both home and away fans singing YNWA as one...
while i was watching it, i kept thinking, "gee, i wish i was there". so i bought the scarf on ebay for $200. i think youll be hard stretched to find another on sale. that piece is my pride and joy, i'll never let it go.

had we lost that leg i wouldnt be so fond of it :D

HSC
$200 on a scarf?

I am planning on spending $160ish for a Ze Maria jersey (the 3rd Inter strip, alternative one) - bJ_Bhoy 87 is one commited Celtic fan! :)

Crazy Horse

HSC
RUB!X said:
haha joaquin for pool ... keep dreaming
PLEASE!! COME ON RAFA!!!! PPLLLEEAASSEE!!! PPPPLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSSSEE!! ;)

Italian Hotshot said:
Any else thinking that the Rafa-lution has gone a tad too far? :p

Some of the Spanish players Liverpool have bought have done well, but others like Garcia have really been hit and miss purchases. Of course Joaquin is a internationally renowned player - but buying based alot on nationality can backfire. Valencia recently bought a swag of Italians such as Corradi (5 or 6 from memory?) and almost all have left the club.
At the moment - I just want the team to strengthen. We've added more 'depth' to the team methinks. Rafa knows Europe really well but not so much the EPL. I'm confused as to why people are now making it out to be like he can't do it or his taking too long when his only been here for just over a season. The whole idea of it being a "Rafa-lution" is nice but people need to be bloody realistic. Last season didn't really give them a chance to play together because of so many injuries and the like – there was quite a lot going against my boys and Rafa. I know that a lot of Pool fans are grumbling about Benitez but I swear if given the chance/opportunity I'd kick them all. Give the man some time. So many players have recovered – again new members have entered and youngsters are rising up through the ranks. They all need to understand each other really well – they need to guess the others moves before it's even made. I think getting to know your teammates off the field would help a great deal with this. Brad said earlier there were times in the game how they just didn't move into correct positioning and the like – I think if our manager could get his boys to understand the way each other think – it would be a real key to success.

I don't think Garcia is a hit and miss player. He has had some really bad games but there have been times when he has been invaluable to the club. Unfortunately, he isnt as "vital" to the team as my Xabi is (in my eyes and I think most people would agree with me). It's much easier to replace the likes of Garcia then it would be to replace Alonso. I think people are comparing a lot of our purchases to the quality of football he [Alonso] usually produces but majority of players fall short. Not always because they are lacking – often it's because he is just such a brilliant footballer. I think it's unfair of people to demand that Rafa bring in fantastic players so soon after his come to us. To win the league or a Cup again so soon would be great but I love the idea of the team gradually pulling together and it working. All this pride that Chelsea fans feel because their club won the EPL – that is great. And they should feel proud that their team won. Only how is what they won anywhere near as much an achievement as Pool winning the CL with so much going against us? And us winning without a sugar daddy spending so much on us? (Granted I am a little biased :p)
Before a player can be judged as a hit or miss - I think you need to look at OVERALL performances the ENTIRE time they have been at a club. I think when it comes to Luis there are a few things that must be dealt with (such as his constant inaccurate passing of late and dropping) but he is very much a player that could be so very, very useful and I'd challenge anyone in this thread or elsewhere who claimed he wasn't.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
dont worry- ive got so much love to give.

nah, i like both clubs in their own way.

had we lost that leg i wouldnt be so fond of it :D
Thats lovely. :D

Yuck. How can you feel love for United? They are so....... YUCK. :D

You wouldn't, I would. ;)

-------
Off topic:

Bhoy - What did you end up doing for your EE2 majorwork? Happy with the end result?

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Wow a big nite of WC qualifiers, wif a lot of countries booking their places at Germany 06...

See u in Germany!

Congratz to the 4 African nations makin their debut nxt yr...but u gotta feel for Pierre Wome, he missed a penalty in stoppage time that would hav sent Cameroon to the WC instead of the Cote d'Ivoire...ouch!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
nigeria missed out too. looks like there will be some new african faces at germany next year... only tunisia was there from last time...

the uzbeks must be pissed off that the replay went that way...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
AcStyle* said:
But u gotta feel for Pierre Wome, he missed a penalty in stoppage time that would hav sent Cameroon to the WC instead of the Cote d'Ivoire ... ouch!
Dead Man Walking ... Dead Man Walking ...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
..Metaphorically speaking of course, which'd be more than you'd be able to say for him if he was South American.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The 5th place play off spot iz still to be determined, but I feel that itz gon be Uruguay again, cauz I expect em to beat Argentina on Wedz. Second time lucky fo uz maybe...?

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
ive seen luis garcia play useful- no, inspirational even, in the ucl fixtures last year. and didnt it help my fantasy team.

dortmund want Hero Henrik Larsson on loan. Why wont you come back to us?

Crazy Horse said:
Off topic:

Bhoy - What did you end up doing for your EE2 majorwork? Happy with the end result?

i did a speech, which i think is the most bludgiest now i have finished it. the topic: the immigration debate across the political spectrum. exciting, eh? i did it all over 9 days- wrote the 3500 words required, recorded it, wrote the reflection statement, saying how much work i done over the year- yeah. and then made up a journal on the last night. was i happy? i could have done better, but the teacher says im looking at high band 3 low band 4.

what and how did you do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)