The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slip

HSC
some of the results that have been tossed up in this qualifying really makes me question how places are allocated.

i mean nth america doesnt deserve 3.5, mexico and usa are the only 2 good teams, so i think 2.5 spots is enough. asia i think has just the right number of qualifying spots (4.5)

africa could definately go more spots, oceania now that oz are out should probably only get a quater of a spot. europe has to many spots for nations that never do anythign when they qualify, but the main problem in europe is how teams are allocated pool, france's group (danes, swiss, ireland, isarel) is a key example as is turkeys group (greece ukriane)

anyways next wc this is how i would give spots

asia 4 1/4
oceania 1/4
nth america 2 1/4
sth america 4 1/4
euro 14
africa 7

anyways as for the aussie performance last night. if we improve half as much between now and november as we have since the solomans we will qualify. thwaite made a very impressive debut. emerton improved (but only cause he was no longer onthe wing wasting possesion) but i would still drop him. wilkshire isnt ready yet one for the future. vidmar is past it. otherwise i thought everyone played well.

kalac should be our 1st choice, he and schwazer are compareable between the sticks but kalac's ball distribution is so much more superior.

3-4-3 is definately the best formation i believe.

this is my final line up.

-------------------kalac----------------------

------------------moore----------------------

----------thwaite-----niell(or lazaridis)----

cahill--bresciano----grella--chipperfield--

-----culina-----viduka-----thompson----

likely substitutes kewell(if fit) for thompson, skoko for bresiano, aloisi for viduka.

infact i think guus might play a team very close to the one i have in sth america possibly with the likes of griffiths, lazaridis on the bench

then skoko aloisi and kewell to go straight to sydney (maybe not aloisi)

T

timbk2

AWAY LEG: - play it safe.. 4-5-1, try snatch an away goal and keep a clean sheet

----------------------kalac----------------------

---thwaite-----moore------niell----lazaridis--

----emerton---bresciano----grella---chipperfield------

---------------culina-----------

------------viduka-----------

HOME LEG: more attacking.. much like against jamaica. bring in kewell, cahill and aloisi

-------------------kalac----------------------

------------------moore----------------------

----------thwaite-------niell----------------

culina----bresciano--cahill----kewell------

-----emerton-----viduka-----aloisi----

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Whatz a 1/4 spot...? Make a mini 4 team tournament to fight fo the one spot...? Won't be practical.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
there shouldnt be any 1/2 spots at all, just full spots. Oceania should have a full spot, despite us leaving. whats the point of having a confederation if they dont get a spot? if fifa arent willing to give them a spot, stop them being useless and merge oceania into asia. Seven for africa is way too high- five for Africa and Asia sounds fair. so does five for sth america. concacaf is shit, and only deserve two. europe gets fourteen, and have a fairer seeding system.

heres my team:

-------------------Schwarzer------------------

-------Neill-------Moore-------Milicevic---------

-Emerton--Bresciano--Cahill--Chipperfield-

---Thompson-----Viduka---------Culina-----

the three upfront looked good against jamaica. there is no need to change the formation for sth american leg. act too defensively against colombia or uruguay is suicide- you cant sit back and absorb pressure. when we are under the thumb, emmo and chippers can move back down the wing, and culina and thompson can drop back also- an effective 5-4-1.

when kewell gets fit, there is a big decision to make. culina moves to the right, thompson to the bench- if we struggle in attck, we have plenty of strike options on the bench, thompson also with aloisi

HSC
As great as Thwaite played against the Jamicans, it was only his debut and to give him a starting berth is a big call. The Jamicans had alot of pace in their attack, but arguably the South American side we face will have more emphasis on skill. Vidmar got owned!

I must admit the sound of a 4-5-1 for the away leg is interesting but shouldn't we go out and play to win every match we are in? If were to use this system you would have to have Grella playing in a holding role.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
If we went fo the win in the away leg, I'm afraid that we will get outscored if not outplayed. Itz very difficult to win in South America, even fo teamz like Argentina and Brazil. 4-5-1 would be a reasonable and sensible choice.

Crazy Horse

HSC
So very, very damn proud of our boys against Jamaica. I loved it. Really did. No time to write one of my essays (haha. Don't cheer too loud LMF! :D) Anyway's I gotta go study again. Beginning to really feel the heat. :(

Boys – keep your fingers crossed for us 05ers!! Namely Bhoy and myself!!!! THANKS AND CYA IN A FEW WEEKS!

PS. COME ON MY RED MEN!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
good luck for the exams!

its the first time in a long time i remember australia owning a non-pacific island team. how funny was vidukas goal...

oceania can have a full spot in confederations cup which is what its for, it will be a bit of a joke if they get a full spot in wc w/out australia tho... while its good for solomon island's development to an extend can u imagine the hammering they'll get? it would devalue the competition imo

Crazy Horse

HSC
Damn it Numero! I was hoping to edit it before you saw or anyone replied!!

Bhoy + Numero + Me. ;)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
All the best guys and gals. Also just read the match report in the SMH, they were very harsh against us.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
yeah, even i better sign out and study for a bit.

if i try to come back, tell me to fuck off and study.

in fact, ban me.

seeya! and good luck to all!

slip

HSC
i cant believe you guys want emmo in the team. he has not done anything to impress me since australia played new zealaand to qualify for the confederations cup in 2003...

mean while a quater spot may not be practical but its been done in the past.

hiddink will only play four at the back if sth americans play 3 strikers me thinks. he will play 1 more defenders then there are strikers. i also doubt he will only play one up front.

hiddinks changes have been pressing oppenents higher up the field not using defensive formations... plus the two wingers in the 3-4-3 drop back in defense. i think he will go with a 3-4-3 in both legs..

im not sure how much the formation matters, it is the style of play which is important and he has implemented that well. besides hiddink will pick adaptable players not players who play out and out in one position so much.

slip

HSC
urugauy....

it will be ever so sweet if we beat them and qualify

hopefully we learn from the mistakes of the away leg 4 years ago. i think graham arnold will be influencial in make the changes in preperation that we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)