• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeydrop

HSC
England : FIRE UP BOLTON! Charlton A 0 - Bolton W 1 - i really hope that Sam Allardyce will eventually move to a bigger club. He deseves it!

Italy: God Bless AC Milan! In your face Juve!

Scotland: I agree with bJ_Bhoy 87. That is totally unacceptable. Its time for McLeish to leave the club. Thanks for the good times but a draw at home against Caley is obviously shameful

p.s. lol...did anybody hear about i think Danish club that refunded the money to the supporters when they lost something ike 8-2? It was an away game and the fans had to travel something like 700km. The club issued a letter of apology too. Maybe thats what Rangers and Man Utd should do :)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
donkeydrop said:
England : FIRE UP BOLTON! Charlton A 0 - Bolton W 1 - i really hope that Sam Allardyce will eventually move to a bigger club. He deseves it!
NO! We can't lose Big Sam! He's hinted he will retire at the end of his current deal but I doubt that would happen. He's already rejected Newcastle, I hope he doesn't leave.

donkeydrop

HSC
he he he. Some people are saying that he should be the next coach of England. Him and Charlton's Alan Curbshley.

I think its a good idea. :)

Im tired of Sven, i hope after World Cup he leaves. Although im not worried. I just hope that Ukraine will perform decently.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
donkeydrop said:
Shit, I was surprised by this one, but Bolton are in good form.

donkeydrop said:
Scotland: I agree with bJ_Bhoy 87. That is totally unacceptable. Its time for McLeish to leave the club. Thanks for the good times but a draw at home against Caley is obviously shameful
Oh, I dont think its unasseptible. In fact, I think its the standard of football i wish to expect from Rangers. Keep up the good work, Alex!

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Oh, I dont think its unasseptible. In fact, I think its the standard of football i wish to expect from Rangers. Keep up the good work, Alex!
LOL, btw Celtic will go top if they win tonite isnt it?

donkeydrop

HSC
he he he. Yeah Celtic will be on top due to goal difference.

lol....sheez Rangers will be 10 pts behind Celtic.

fire up Scott McDonald! 88 and 90th minutes!

:)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
AcStyle* said:
LOL, btw Celtic will go top if they win tonite isnt it?
Damn straight. Playing Dundee United, 9th in the league, away from home. Dropping points tonite will be unasseptible.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
donkeydrop said:
he he he. Yeah Celtic will be on top due to goal difference.

lol....sheez Rangers will be 10 pts behind Celtic.

fire up Scott McDonald! 88 and 90th minutes!

:)
I still have nightmares... I thought we had it won... Agggh!

I found it in my heart to forgive the man tho. Only because a) he's Australian; b) he cried when the game was over; and c) Things are looking great this year. Bless him, he wanted us to win. Gordie, thats loyalty to the team, we should buy him one day.

Real are top of the ladder now thanks to Robinho, and Ballack steered Munich to victory over Cologne. I dont mind Cologne, Podolski is a champion. I'm surprised he hasnt attracted the attention of Epl clubs. Oh, and they also have Alpay, champion.

donkeydrop

HSC
According to BBC

"Celtic will field the same starting 11 that beat Motherwell 5-0, with midfielder Alan Thompson still banned and striker Maciej Zurawski injured.

But John Hartson, who came on as a substitute, has a bruised foot and could be missing from the squad"

Should be relatively easy 3 points for Celtic.

Looks like the Hearts season is slowly going down the hill. I guess they might do better this year and finish 2nd rather than 3rd.

I think its going to make SPL a little bit more exciting. Romanov is pretty loaded not as loaded as Abramovich but still loaded enough. However, at leat Abra doesnt interfere with team selection unlike that Lithuanian bum Romanov. According to BBC:

"Burley had publicly admitted that Romanov's insistence on signing players of his own choosing had made the job of manager more of a challenge than he had been expecting.

The managerial grapevine had also been thick with rumours of Burley's unhappiness at Romanov's attempted interference in team selection: a situation that many agree they would find impossible to live with"

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
I dont expect Hartson to start.

Its too early to write Hearts off. Apparently they went down to 10 men, and usually in this local derby hearts and hibs often take it in turns to win. When the squad is settled with a manager, they will do ok again.

And Romanov seems to be pulling the strings more than other rich tycoons that own clubs. But the buys Hearts made were brilliant, as a manager I would be happy to see Skacel et al in the squad.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Bitterly disappointed wit the result against Boro, we played poorly right from the start, wit Van der Sar at fault fo the first goal. Rio had another shocker, somethin really worryin.

Anyway the league iz all over, unless Wigan can perform miraclez.

donkeydrop

HSC
I agree. Podolski is a champion but most likely he will go to ....surprise...surprise ....Bayern Munich

Annoys me small club like Cologne develops and nurtures good player like Podolski and then big club like Bayern rocks up and buys the player.

Oh well, thats life. Money talks, plus i doubt that Cologne will be in CL in the near future and win Bundesliga.

lol...recently saw in newspaper....bookies were paying 3000:1 at the start of the season for Sunderland to win EPL. hehehe....put $100 and win $300,000

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Anyway the league iz all over, unless Wigan can perform miraclez.
Lol, I admit I wrote them off as relegation fodder.

donkeydrop said:
lol...recently saw in newspaper....bookies were paying 3000:1 at the start of the season for Sunderland to win EPL. hehehe....put $100 and win $300,000
No, its more like put $100, lose $100. Stadium of Light, my arse

donkeydrop

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Lol, I admit I wrote them off as relegation fodder.

No, its more like put $100, lose $100. Stadium of Light, my arse
true that :) .....miracles do happen sometimes maybe once in 10 or 20 years

According to tribalfootball.com:
"Blackburn Rovers boss Mark Hughes is considering a move for Celtic striker John Hartson"

If I was John Hartson, id stay at Celtic, dont think Blackburn is going to achive anything this season. The greatest achievement would be for themt to stay in the EPL

Another peace of news:

Lille defender Efstathios Tavlaridis has both Celtic and Rangers chasing his signature leading up to the winter market

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
After Portsmouth next week, Wigan are playing Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea and United in consecutive weeks. That's as scary a run as you could possibly have in the PL. If they come out of it with.. 6 points, I'd rate them as a good bet for Europe.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I thought of Wigan as scraping past relegation before season started, guessing around 15th or so. From the looks of it so far my prediction is wrong. Also they have some very tough games soon. After the internationals week (I think it's international game week anyway), they have Arsenal and Tottenham at home, then Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd away. This is all in a period of less than a month. I really would like to see how they deal with those five games before I can really see them contesting Europe or high mid-table

donkeydrop

HSC
agree bazookajoe,

This is my prediction. They will come 4th in the league this season and next season they lose in CL and UEFA qualifying rounds and then struggle in the league. Hi Everton!

kidding, i wish them well. I hope they do well just like Bolton

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think you have to keep in mind that Wigan is a pretty rich club. If they get in trouble around Christmas time, don't be surprised to see them splash the cash on some quality reinforcements. I think they made a bid for Michael Owen in the last transfer window but he knocked them back (another pretty poor move by Mikey in hindsight). But that was before they went on their splendid run, I'm they'd have raised the eyebrows of more than a few solid players by January.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I doubt they'll get in trouble, they'll just fall back and everyone will forget the great start they had when they verse some quality opposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)