The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
What's everyone predicting? I'd be very happy with a 1-1 draw, or even a goaless draw to take home to Sydney. I'd be pretty confident of qualification with either of those results.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
I believe our team can get the win. But I think 2-1 to Uruguay will be more likely.

And Vela was sensational at the U17 cup, Ive heard he'll be loaned out to Valencia before he can get a permit into England, where no doubt Arsenal will transform him into a pascal cygan.

Jimmy_B

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
I believe our team can get the win. But I think 2-1 to Uruguay will be more likely.

And Vela was sensational at the U17 cup, Ive heard he'll be loaned out to Valencia before he can get a permit into England, where no doubt Arsenal will transform him into a pascal cygan.
i think we might nick a jammy 1-1 there.

and yeah, that wenger has no idea about young players eh? ;)

if he was a good keeper prospect we'd probably discount it but arsey knows how to make his attacking players, so i'm a tad worried about it.

meanwhile anelka has a shot at cisse

nicolas anelka said:
“It makes me laugh when I see that there are strikers in England who don't score any goals but still get called up.

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol, or Peter Crouch. If i was Sven I would be calling up Teddy Sheringham !

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Milan Baros doesn't score goals for his club either. But his record for the Czech Republic is something like 25 from 39 games. That's probably the best goal to game ratio of any player today. Cisse's is pretty good as well.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Absorbing contest between England and Argentina. 1-1 going into halftime. (Crespo 35' & Rooney 37'). Disallowed goals in the first 15 mins. for both Owen and Crespo. England sitting back and playing on the counter, with Rooney particularly menacing, having hit the upright as well. Gerrard's playing LM.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Great exhibition ending in a morale-boosting 3-2 victory for the English, in what was Becks' 50th match as Captain. Ayala scored early in the 2nd period, but Owen came up with a brace in the final 4 minutes of play - top purchase for the Toons. Rooney hardly put a foot wrong in the entire match.

Czechs v. Norway, they've put sand lenghtwise on the Oslo turf to soak in the water, which is impeding the away team's short-passing style of play, and works very much in favour of the Scandinavian's air ping-pong approach.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Switzerland 2-0 Turkey, lookin good fo em to qualify fo Germany.

And wit Aus, 0-1 ain't a bad result, we lacked the killer touch, which waz clearly present in the England game. Kewell played shithouse, but did improve in the second half. I'm surprised that he played a full game, Guus really wanted to reserve the big gunz fo the second leg, especially wit the yellow cardz we carried into the match. Now expect Bresciano and Cahill to get uz home in Sydney.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Hehe, apparently the ManU change rooms were bugged after their win against Chelsea. Apparently the tapes that have come out now have "pre-match and halftime team-talks, plus celebratory comments". Plus "when Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is seen being interviewed on TV, shouts of abuse ring out". The same thing happens here at home :)

Italy 3- Netherlands 1
France 0- Germany 0
USA 1- Scotland 1
Brazil 8- UAE 0

In other news, Torres said he wouldnt mind playing for Arse.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
If Arse dish out fo Torres, will that mean Henry will leave...?

All the gamez had goalz last night, except the one between France and Germany.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Well done Moro and especially King Luis. Admittedly I was keep 1/2 an eye on the Spain game while the Socceroos played Uruguay, and this was by far the most fluent I've ever seen them. Great stuff, they have some really exceptional players and it'd be pleasing to see them finally performing to their potential.

Meanwhile UAE 0-8 Brazil. England for the world cup? Yer havin a larf! :p

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Becuase the UAE are far more forminable opposition than Argentina are aren't they.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Benny_ said:
Well done Moro and especially King Luis. Admittedly I was keep 1/2 an eye on the Spain game while the Socceroos played Uruguay, and this was by far the most fluent I've ever seen them. Great stuff, they have some really exceptional players and it'd be pleasing to see them finally performing to their potential.
Until next year, when Spain go head to head with Iberian counterparts Portugal for the title of World's Greatest Underachievers. My wallet has been torn to shreds by this nation on many occasions.

Oh, and:

Constip8edSkunk said:
http://69.93.40.114/~today123/audio/giftjose.wma
Fucking hilarious. Where did you get it from? I wonder if we should let Sir Alex in on the secret: you get your players from Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)