The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Benny_ said:
Meanwhile UAE 0-8 Brazil. England for the world cup? Yer havin a larf! :p
Shit, everyones on your back about this one, but I'll stick up for ya. I cant imagine England slotting 8 against UAE, a team we have to play next year and forever on, mind. Brazil are red hot, it will be hard to stop them. The team that beats them wins the cup. And I think what Benny said was tongue in cheek.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Paragon said:
How can possibly compare the two matches ? You're effectively measuring up UAE against Argentina.
it was a tongue in cheek comment from what i thought. hence the smiley....

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Firstly I don't think I made any comment about England's game, but if you guys really want to compare, yes, Argentina are a much better team than UAE. Actually they're a much better team than England as well. Until their Milanesque capitulation at the death, they were at England's jugular all evening. Owen was doing feck all, Gerrard was quiet.. in fact you can only really say Rooney out of any of the English players was making any major impact. What happened last night was one freak occurence that isn't likely to repeat itself if England meet the Argies again in the finals.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Unless argentina have inherited the stellar fuckup qualities of Spain, in which case they wont make the second round. Oh, that happened last time.:p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Bayern have officially withdrawn their contract offer to Ballack.

Come on United, snap him up, snap him up...!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm Ballack at Man Utd would be good, he has a few years in him.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Ballack said his major ambition is to win the Champions League...could he realistically do that wiv ManYoo? :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
AcStyle* said:
Ballack said his major ambition is to win the Champions League...could he realistically do that wiv ManYoo? :p
If he comez then yeah of courz we can.

But itz a bit hard fo any team to go past Ronaldinho and co. these dayz.

johnny_87

HSC
Imagine if Barca sign Henry. They will have Henry, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Larsson, Deco and Messi. Plenty of attacking options.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Why...? They already have Robinho, Raul, Ronaldo and Baptista, there won't be any mo room fo a forward.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Alex has got til the end of november to get back on track, so I thought a change of sig is in order.

Larsson got awarded the best player ever for Sweden. The hero.

Ive also heard Ballack just wants to win the Champions League now, whuch to me sounds as if he is sick of the Bundesliga. Bayern could win the UCL is they brought in a top notch world class striker to complement Makaay, when he is missing they lack that strength up front. If they had a Shevchenko or someone along those lines, they could win the UCL. I think they may make the semis this year anyway, provided Ballack stays.

And if Sir Alex doesnt get Ballack, it looks as if they may make a pitch for Gravesen.

And our Harry is being constantly linked to Villa and Charlton iF Pool get Simao.

donkeydrop

HSC
yeah, Henrick Larsson is a great player i doubt he will get more playing time in Barcelona in the near future.

I thought Big Eck has a bit longer till. I would keep him until Porto game, if he stuff up Rangers stuff up then good bye Alexxx thank you for 7? trophies. Hello Paul Le Guen (i dont think he will join Rangers) or other new coach

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I'm so looking forward to the game tonight. I believe that we are a big chance of winning tonight's game but we pretty much have to keep the Uruguayans scoreless if we want to qualify... because if they score...then we need 3 goals to win the game. Go Australia!!!!!!!!!! :)

T

timbk2

quite a sureal feeling actually... we're so close to success, yet so close to another failure.

go the socceroos. football in this country will be strong in the future regardless of the result, but i want them to get through for the sake of all the football fans out there in this country

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
There will be a 8million payout by FIFA if we do qualify, with 30% goin to the playerz. Thatz still a lot of money that can be spent to improve the game here in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)