The Official "I GOT THE JOB!!!:D:D" Thread (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I've always had this dream to work at a Book store, since it was legal for me to work lol I applied after HSC, and never got a position. I applied again this year and ended up getting an interview for Angus & Robertson.

I put down 2 stores that i wanted to work at (burwood and birkenhead), and after the interview, the guy's like, "well you've got the job! so where do u want to work at? Chullora, Kings Cross or Parramatta?" im like "DUDE! i said burwood or birkenhead...maybe even the city, but that's it". He tried to push me into working at the cross. THE CROSS for god's sake!

Sorry to put a downer on this thread. But I really wanted the job :( I already have one, but i need another lol

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
grk_styl said:
I've always had this dream to work at a Book store, since it was legal for me to work lol I applied after HSC, and never got a position. I applied again this year and ended up getting an interview for Angus & Robertson.

I put down 2 stores that i wanted to work at (burwood and birkenhead), and after the interview, the guy's like, "well you've got the job! so where do u want to work at? Chullora, Kings Cross or Parramatta?" im like "DUDE! i said burwood or birkenhead...maybe even the city, but that's it". He tried to push me into working at the cross. THE CROSS for god's sake!

Sorry to put a downer on this thread. But I really wanted the job :( I already have one, but i need another lol
Haha that must be pretty annoying.

I had an interview at Ikea today for checkouts and childcare. The guy who interviewed me is my boyfriend's friend so it wasn't as scary. Don't know whether I'd get the job yet since apparently it takes 2-3 weeks for police to check I'm not a paedophile. :eek:

J

jhakka

grk_styl said:

I hate you. I went for an A&R position two years ago and they rejected me. :(

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Nakashima said:
Don't know whether I'd get the job yet since apparently it takes 2-3 weeks for police to check I'm not a paedophile.
i didnt realise police checks take THAT long to go through! i thought it'd be closer to 1-2 weeks

any idea how long they "last"? i've had to give permission to get a heap of them done for employers/possible employers and never really cared about them (yay for working in childcare). one of my current employers was updating there records a while back, one of the questions was "do you have a current police check?"...i put no because i dont know how long they last (or remember when my last one went through)

James747

HSC
Haha..... Well, I just got a job too, at Subway Domestic! Got called on friday that I got it, and done 8 hours so far. I don't like it there though, mainly cuz the manager is always pressuring me to work faster... ><" But money is money (its not bad pay neither, around $11/hr) , and since I've already signed out of skool I have nowhere else to go XDDD I just cant wait till December ends and I go overseas, and also quit the job. =D

HSC
grk_styl said:
I put down 2 stores that i wanted to work at (burwood and birkenhead), and after the interview, the guy's like, "well you've got the job! so where do u want to work at? Chullora, Kings Cross or Parramatta?" im like "DUDE! i said burwood or birkenhead...maybe even the city, but that's it".
The same thing happened to me last year with Sanity

= Jennifer =

HSC
yeah passed the group interview thing at myer waiting for a position 2 mins after saying yep they have to allocate me a spot they found one at officeworks alexandria bit far though...waiting on somewhere else like another vacancy somewhere better happen soon cause i need monies...

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I got the pharmacy job!

I also got the EB Games job, and my bf told me I'm very likely to get the Ikea job too.

I feel like a bit of an idiot now because I probably won't be able to manage all three, and since I was really expecting to be rejected by at least two, I don't know what I should do now. =\

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Lol I didn't get an interview at a certain retail store when someone with the exact same resume as me did cause I have a penis.

Woo sexism.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
I got the job. They're just putting my paperwork through to human resources and I should be starting in 1 or 2 weeks. It's at a district pathology lab so it should be pretty good.

L

littlewing69

I got the job. Target. I am no longer so much of a leech on society.

Divzorz

HSC
I got the job :) Woolworths checkouts
Going for my induction on Saturday 8am-5pm

P

pLuvia

I got the job too! Jobs actually, newsagent and tuition centre :D

breakout-09

Awesomeness
HSC
Well, I got a job at Hoyts a couple of days ago :)
So now it's two shifts there, and a couple at my current workplace (a pharmacy.. but I don't know how long I'll stick it out there).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)