The Official "I GOT THE JOB!!!:D:D" Thread (2 Viewers)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
shimmy&shine said:
usually most jobs in the media industry is all through connecitons, or so I'm told by people working in the media.

but when you study media at uni you usually get to meet people who work in the industry and are on their way up by the time they graduate leaving an open position. so i was very lucky because the few others i work with are in their final year or graduated last year.

if you want a job in the media do heaps of experience, pitch stories to editors and through that you can have many valuable contacts.

if you perservere you can achieve anything. good luck! :)
So in other words nepotism?

Still cool.

shimmy&shine

HSC
lol, maybe.

which sucked because i didn't have a single contact at the end of last year. asian family does not help.

Redwan

HSC
N/A
I just got a job at Tandy last week, didn't even have to do an interview, my brother knows a manager who has close links with the HR department !

Got the Tandy Induction on Thursday, Miss Out On School But Eh Thursday Is Easy Subjects

xxPanDa

HSC
Redwan said:
I just got a job at Tandy last week, didn't even have to do an interview, my brother knows a manager who has close links with the HR department !

Got the Tandy Induction on Thursday, Miss Out On School But Eh Thursday Is Easy Subjects
how much do u get paid?

musicka

HSC
hahaha i feel jipped mate!

17 yo @ sanity and getting $9.80 or something? however they give super and 25% employees discount? wages could be more as i just went to the induction today and they said they're raising them over the next few weeks.

wtf? anyone got experience with sanity? do you get a lot of hours over the christmas? cos i really need cash but i feel like i'm going to be working 6 hours in 2 weeks or something

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Got a Christmas job at my mate's stepmum's hamper business. Mainly warehousey duties, moving around boxes from delivery to the packing area. So completely unsuited to thin and unmuscled me, but at least it's something to do over the holidays. Starting in November. Hooray for nepotism :)

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I got a job as a christmas casual for Cotton On... quite surprised really cause I thought they would only hire 16-18 year olds not an almost 22 year old! I also got a group interview for Surf Dive n ski... hmm if I happen to get that job too which one should I keep?

CieL

HSC
SmokedSalmon said:
I got a job as a christmas casual for Cotton On... quite surprised really cause I thought they would only hire 16-18 year olds not an almost 22 year old! I also got a group interview for Surf Dive n ski... hmm if I happen to get that job too which one should I keep?
Whichever one pays more.

However, I'd personally go SDS because dont you get discount on clothes? Clothes seem to be better [and more variety] at SDS.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Another Cotton On noobie jumping in here... I suspect its not going to be fantabulous but hey, cash is cash, and clothes is clothes, and I like clothes. Induction took friggin ages though, although I guess they all do. And I dressed in red and white for it, and they gave us these bags for our documents and yeah, they were red and white. So I looked a fair bit moronic walking around in Chatswood after that :D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
WTF!bbq said:
Another Cotton On noobie jumping in here... I suspect its not going to be fantabulous but hey, cash is cash, and clothes is clothes, and I like clothes. Induction took friggin ages though, although I guess they all do. And I dressed in red and white for it, and they gave us these bags for our documents and yeah, they were red and white. So I looked a fair bit moronic walking around in Chatswood after that :D
hey, were you at the group interview in parra on saturday? coz i'm still waiting for a call.

EDIT: I got the job wooooo. Christmas casual at cotton on body in penrith. induction next tuesday (in chatswood wtf). it's obviously not a permanent job but hey cash is cash, right ;)

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I'm working as a christmas casual at JB Hi-fi now... way better work conditions. The manager is a champ!! Everyone's heaps friendly and the pay is great. :)
I hated Cotton on... bah clothes. I like to buy them not sell them.

trashman308

HSC
Woot Got A Job At Coles -supermarket!

Did The Online Induction - Which Gives Me 6 Hour Pay :d
\

xox.happy1.xox

No more VCE!!!
HSC
I got a job at both Coles and Big W in 2 weeks...

Shoot me now... How will I work 2 Saturday's?
:burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)