• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Pill (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Tulipa said:
Yasmin's about $60 for three months?

and i've just been on it for a month and oh my god my boobs have gotten bigger. it's pretty good, no side effects really apart from some initial nausea and i havent put any weight on. but somehow the boobs have grown. :confused: oh well
i havent put on any noticable weight, my boobs are bigger (noticable but not THAT much...still definitely a good thing :D), and my skin's much better than it was. no bad side effects. been on mine since the end of december

Skeeta

HSC
?? i must be on some kind of tightarse pill

its like $16 for 4 months

i'm the same as Tulipa, i was really spewy and dizzy for the first week then i was ok. I dont think my boobies have grown but its only been about a month and a half

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Tulipa said:
Yasmin's about $60 for three months?

and i've just been on it for a month and oh my god my boobs have gotten bigger. it's pretty good, no side effects really apart from some initial nausea and i havent put any weight on. but somehow the boobs have grown. :confused: oh well
:D

Skeeta

HSC
alby said:
$16? how many millions of discounts are you getting???

i'll have what she's having! :D
no discounts.. i'm not eligible for any

its just what the doctor prescribed (microgynon 30, although i think i got the generic version - same thing but the chemist brand)

i *think* it was $16. I'm almost certain it was less than 20.
I thought it was cheap?? *shrugs*

oh yeah the name on the pack says "levlen ED"
But yeah ask your doc about it, if you're paying $60!

hsc=suicide

HSC
jebbie said:
The pill isnt that expensive. Plus if she has sex heaps, isnt on the pill or using a condom how come she isnt preggers yet? And the pill is pretty easy to remember.
because more often than not any fertilised eggs are not actually attached to the uterary wall and are discharge in a normal period. its really hard to get pregnant, statistically, but it can also occur accidentally which is what people are worried about. just think about the number of times people in countries where there are no contraception like africa have sex and how their families are fucking HUGE. lol life is not like monty pythons meaning of life.

giggleite

HSC
N/A
can you start taking the pill before you get your period because in the instructions it says if you havent been on the pill in the last month then start taking it the day of your period? Is it bad to start before. Like i think im due in about a week but i want to start taking it now. Will this mean i wont get my next period and it will take another 28 days?

Zoe 2508

HSC
giggleite said:
can you start taking the pill before you get your period because in the instructions it says if you havent been on the pill in the last month then start taking it the day of your period? Is it bad to start before. Like i think im due in about a week but i want to start taking it now. Will this mean i wont get my next period and it will take another 28 days?
Im no doctor, but i have been on the pill for about a year, and only recently stopped it for two months, to start back up again the other week. My doctor didn't say anything about waiting till the last day of my period, she just said that to make sure whenever i started back up correlated with my natural period.. Eg. one week before period = pill for one week before your period. So i think it should be fine

Though going off the pill suck hard - I lost my boobs, though i did lose the weight that i put on when i started, but still i lost my boobs, and i want them to return !!!!

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
just went back on it yesterday. with my healthcare card it cos me 14 something for 4 months. i was on yasmin but that was just ridiculously priced for me esp when i wasnt working

hello_world

HSC
I just use the pill, no condoms it's a waste of time if your partner is std free because the pill is 100% effective as long as you take it at the same time every day.

No he doesn't pull it out, and in regards to side effects i've heard of some girls getting thrush (which is absolutely disgusting). I haven't experienced any side effects yet though

Skeeta

HSC
bittersweet_em said:
I just use the pill, no condoms it's a waste of time if your partner is std free because the pill is 100% effective as long as you take it at the same time every day.
no contraceptive is 100%. It it at least 99% though, if taken correctly.

Also, i urge ANYONE who is going to start taking the pill, to take a pregnancy test (even if condoms/other contraceptives were used before hand) before they start taking the pill.

hello_world

HSC
It's gotta be 99.99% then, cuz you can't really get pregnant if you're not ovulating, because there's no egg to fertilise. If you take it at the EXACT same time every day, seriously I would say it would be 100% effective

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i know people who have fallen pregnant on the pill with proper use.
out of interest what time to people take their pill because i dont know a time that i will be able to consistently take it? i've tried the morning but that proves a problem when i have to get up early and am in a rush or I sleep in. At night (around 7) on friday saturday nights i am pretty much not at home?

So yeah my question is what time do you guys find it most convienient to take it?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Katie123 said:
i know people who have fallen pregnant on the pill with proper use.
out of interest what time to people take their pill because i dont know a time that i will be able to consistently take it? i've tried the morning but that proves a problem when i have to get up early and am in a rush or I sleep in. At night (around 7) on friday saturday nights i am pretty much not at home?

So yeah my question is what time do you guys find it most convienient to take it?
:/

Hello old timer!

<3

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I set an alarm on my phone for quite early in the morning (about 7am). I fall back asleep really easily, so I just wake up, take the pill (which is on my dressing table so I don't have to get up) and go back to sleep.

Set a phone alarm for any time that you're always at home. Or you could keep your pill in your handbag and take it at lunchtime? You don't need to take it at exactly the same time, you do have a 12 hour safety net if you forget in the morning. It's just easier to get into a routine, so it's less likely you'll forget.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I think I said it pages back, but it must have been years ago

I still take the pill at night, just before I go to bed. So it could vary from 10pm to 1am (I do sleep sometimes later than that but I take it at latest 1am).

The weird thing is is that I can't sleep unless I take one. It's weird. Like I'll be tossing and turning trying to sleep but I won't, and then I suddenly remember I had forgotten to take the pill.

giggleite

HSC
N/A
Im going to start taking it sometime this week probably and i think itll have to be around the 6pm time. Mornings is definitely a no because my wake up timr varies between 7am and 2pm and night is bad too because even though im always awake still at 10pm and you could do that, the whole going out factor would screw me over.

Just a question, if you take it first time on the day of your first period or the first sunday during/after your period, that means your first cycle will be shorter than the 28 days right? Because it says to take the active pills first but i just want to clarify the first short cycle thing is right.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i've just started back on the pill and my boobies have grown more than a cup size in 3 days.

hooray for oral contraception!

i keep them in my handbag and take them at about 5pm each day, usually after work or uni.

aj123

HSC
soha said:
wella girl i know has sex constantly and doenst use a condom because she doenst like the feeling
she refuses to go on the pill because she says its too expensive and shes scared if she forgets one day she will get pregnant
im like ..condoms are designed moreso for protection from aids and stds
so you should be usuing it neways..(just incasse)

meh i dunnol

omfg how stupid is this girl she wont go on the pill because shes scared of missing one, one day but yet shes willing not to go on it and not use a condom go figure.
Im on the pill and use it for protection. yes i still use a condom because i am still scared of that 1% chance of falling pregnant. i find the pill great cause you can choose to have your period or not ive lost wieght and have less pimples and mine costs around $30 for three months and trust me thats nothing compared to the price of bring up a child so you may as well be safe rather then sorry if your concidering it. If you are concerened about the price you can also get the cheaper brend but it is still as effecive. Hope tis helped you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)