The Pill (1 Viewer)

Gorjesss

Million Dollar Baby
HSC
Tulipa said:
Yasmin's about $60 for three months?

and i've just been on it for a month and oh my god my boobs have gotten bigger. it's pretty good, no side effects really apart from some initial nausea and i havent put any weight on. but somehow the boobs have grown. :confused: oh well

OMG! Yes, I'm on Yasmin, works a treat, although is a tad expensive.
I remember the first time I started taking it.. woah.. I felt so sick, really nauseated for about 3-4 days. It was crazy, I thought I was getting sick!

Guess it was the body getting used to the new levels of hormones in the body.

Haha, and true, boob have gotten bigger as well..
Strange.. but I don't mind! :)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i've been taking microgynon20 for ages, $34ish for three months. i take it every night before i sleep, and i have a reminder on my phone that goes off at 12:30 (which is the earliest i go to bed).

if i'm going out and know i won't be home til really late (or at all), i take the pill with me.

hmmm as for side effects... my periods are lighter (yay!) but i get bad pains on the first two days :( best thing is that my boobs don't hurt before my periods anymore!! don't think i've lost or gained any weight, either.

the only really annoying thing is the spotting that happens... and a few months ago i got my period a week before it was meant to come, and then when i got to the sugar pills i got them AGAIN!! arghh!!

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
:/

Hello old timer!

<3
uh thanks...hmm old timer ?

anyway. I cant do what scary bunny does because my parents dont know about it and I dont particularly want them to know. I used to take it around 7ish but now I have started back up again I have decided around now (9-10 pm) will be better
I dont think i would like to carry it around with me for the fact that i might just lose it or be embarassed to have to 'step out' and take it

Skeeta

HSC
if you want to change the time you take your pill, i'm assuming its best to do it after your period when you start taking the "active" pills again. But say i'm changing from morning to night.. it would make it almost another day before i'm taking an active pill, so i'm guessing my protection would be reduced?

meh stupid thing

My boobies havent grown (if anything they've shrunk) and i've put on two kilo's, but its not normal pudgy weight, it must be evenly distributed (because i havent noticed it) OR my scales are fucked

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Skeeta said:
if you want to change the time you take your pill, i'm assuming its best to do it after your period when you start taking the "active" pills again. But say i'm changing from morning to night.. it would make it almost another day before i'm taking an active pill, so i'm guessing my protection would be reduced?

meh stupid thing

My boobies havent grown (if anything they've shrunk) and i've put on two kilo's, but its not normal pudgy weight, it must be evenly distributed (because i havent noticed it) OR my scales are fucked
Depends on the pill. Mine (monofeme) has a 12 hour safety net, so I could take it in the evening / early night and be fine. But I think some pills have 3 hour nets, so obviously you can't do that.

My boobies grew. Well, not so much grew, they actually came back into existance after my hsc weightloss killed them.

blowie

HSC
yeah, on the pill, for contraception. The only side effects ive experienced is loss of pimples hehe.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
so basically, the pill is 100% effective, without the use of condoms if the guy cums inside, if the pill is taken within the same hour, or within 12 hours of normal time? is that statement correct, becuase i have heard that it is only like 97% effective and less so than condoms...if ur on the pill, and neither u or the partner have STI or STD, then would it be safe to not use condoms...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Skeeta said:
no discounts.. i'm not eligible for any

its just what the doctor prescribed (microgynon 30, although i think i got the generic version - same thing but the chemist brand)

i *think* it was $16. I'm almost certain it was less than 20.
I thought it was cheap?? *shrugs*

oh yeah the name on the pack says "levlen ED"
But yeah ask your doc about it, if you're paying $60!
Sorry to dig up an old thread but my doc prescribed me the same (Microgynon 30) and the chemist asked me if I wanted a cheaper one and they gave me Levlen ED I assume it i just as affective and wont be any different, will this one effect me any differently or be less effective?

Skeeta

HSC
nope, its exactly the same. They're made by different people i believe, but have exactly the same ingredients and composition etc.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
You'll know for sure when you get pregnant.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
wow this' a thread i havent seen in ages!

has anyone had any side-effects with brenda/juliet/diane?
i went to a new doctor the other day (caus i was majorly sick and there were no appointments with my old doctor and i had to get a medical cert for prac), and he did a couple of test for different stuff..anyway one of the things he did was check my hormone levels. got the results back 2 days later and they were really fucked up caus of the really high dosages of stuff in pill. the doctor who prescribed the pill originally didnt say anything about the dosage or anything else..and i dont remember reading anything about it fucking up your hormones on the little sheet that comes in the pack...and i havent had any physical side-effects (been on it since dec 05)

anyway...i just wanted to have a rant about the stupid doctor who put me on it originally. and anyone who gets prescribed any pill that's called '<insert girls name here> 35 ED' (or something), dont go on it unless you have massive acne problems or pain. and dont wait for some random doctor to tell you that it's been stuffing with your hormones for the past 2.5 years without you knowing about it...i reckon they should encourage women on pills get hormone tests as much as they do with pap smears!
and anyone who's considering going on a pill, i suggest you do a little bit of research about what the doctor prescribes/suggests before you actually go on it. 35 is high! i think my new one is a 20 or 25 (not on it yet, he said to wait for my hormones to go back to normal a bit first)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
well I've been on it about 3 months now and I have had no major side effects.

It's great that I no longer have to use a condom, and I think my girlfriend prefers it too.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
alby said:
wow this' a thread i havent seen in ages!

has anyone had any side-effects with brenda/juliet/diane?
i went to a new doctor the other day (caus i was majorly sick and there were no appointments with my old doctor and i had to get a medical cert for prac), and he did a couple of test for different stuff..anyway one of the things he did was check my hormone levels. got the results back 2 days later and they were really fucked up caus of the really high dosages of stuff in pill. the doctor who prescribed the pill originally didnt say anything about the dosage or anything else..and i dont remember reading anything about it fucking up your hormones on the little sheet that comes in the pack...and i havent had any physical side-effects (been on it since dec 05)

anyway...i just wanted to have a rant about the stupid doctor who put me on it originally. and anyone who gets
prescribed any pill that's called '<insert girls name here> 35 ED' (or something), dont go on it unless you have massive acne problems or pain. and dont wait for some random doctor to tell you that it's been stuffing with your hormones for the past 2.5 years without you knowing about it...i reckon they should encourage women on pills get hormone tests as much as they do with pap smears!
and anyone who's considering going on a pill, i suggest you do a little bit of research about what the doctor prescribes/suggests before you actually go on it. 35 is high! i think my new one is a 20 or 25 (not on it yet, he said to wait for my hormones to go back to normal a bit first)
or you could go to a reliable doctor :/

i was put onto yasmin, because i was basically going on it for my skin, rather than contraception.

i dont get spotting, nor did it make me sick when i first went on it.

i did put on a little weight, but nothing that's not manageable. the worst side effect i get now is headaches from oestrogen withdrawals when i begin to take my inactive tablets, and that can be reduced by only taking inactive tablets once every 3 months

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
What time do people find to be the best in terms of minimising side effects and making sure you remember (or are able to take the pill consistantly at that time)?
I've heard it is better taken with food and am thinking about doing it with breakfast the only thing is I dont wake up at the same time everyday, occasionally I sleep in.

rozymisty

HSC
Well actually you should still use a condom coz you can still get STIs and stuff, which stuff up lots of things.

Im level ed and i havent had any side effects, but i have had a uterine polyp, the gynae and GP arent sure if tis from the pill or not.

With the pill, you have that 12hr afterwards in which to take the pill if you forget to take it. I dont tend to take it at a specific time, normally aim for about 10pm, but it all depends on what time i go to bed etc

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I have a question about starting levlen ED. In the info in the packet it says to start on the first day of your period in the RED section on the day that corresponds with the day you started bleeding. I noticed in the red section of the packs Monday - Friday are sugar pills and SAT and SUN are active pills. So If I end up with my period on a sat or sun is it ok to take those active pills because thats what it says because if I started on a monday i would be taking 5 sugar pills. Am I reading the info right?

This pic i found on this website should show the layout of the pills

http://community.boredofstudies.org...ttachments/help-pill/14104/1.jpg?d=1163276903

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)