The Thread for ALL FIRST YEAR QUESTIONS. (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
you'll find out when u get there :)

basically its just upstairs and downstairs (i think), theres enough signs around the place for a blind azn to find their way around.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC

basically its just upstairs and downstairs (i think), theres enough signs around the place for a blind azn to find their way around.
As an asian (technically) i find this statement highly offensive.

Last edited:

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
It's the stupid white house at randwick racecourse where you see gangs of asians/curries/arabs hanging around outside, having a smoke near everyone's bags and cramming for their next exam.:music:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
As an asian (technically) i find this statement highly offensive.
yeah well 'technically' i am asian too, and i have a large number of asian friends, i meant it sarcastically and did not mean to cause any offence to the asian or blind community.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
yeah well 'technically' i am asian too, and i have a large number of asian friends, i meant it sarcastically and did not mean to cause any offence to the asian or blind community.
Was Just kidding.

:)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I'm curious. When people ask you about your ethnicity, do you say that you're Paki, Danish, Asian or all 3 combined?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i say im danish just for lulz, then i say im australian but with paki parents.

i dont really like associating myself with the shithole that is pakistan.

and i hate the kinda ppl at uni/on bos that are like "whoa u r paki like me!! lets talk and be friends!" [paki accent] and expect me to be like them.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
i say im danish just for lulz, then i say im australian but with paki parents.

i dont really like associating myself with the shithole that is pakistan.

and i hate the kinda ppl at uni/on bos that are like "whoa u r paki like me!! lets talk and be friends!" [paki accent] and expect me to be like them.
I spent 3 years living in Pakistan. (I'm not Pakistani). Best years of my life, funnily enough. Though I have to admit, I know how much a shithole that country is first hand. Still, good timez.

also, do they allow mobile phones or will they be confiscated??
HAHAHAHA...... Seriously, who is going to confiscate your phone?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
wow, thats strange.

i always hated visiting pakistan, but visiting cousins in denmark is always the best.

got the company of my cousins who are like long lost best friends, and the place is just so awesome, snows sometimes, absolutely love it.

Vylen

HSC
what should i take to uni??

do i need a pencil case

and what type of bag will i bring

also, do they allow mobile phones or will they be confiscated??

oh man the decisions
haha cute...

just bring whatever you think is necessary... as time goes on you'll learn that you dont really need some stuff...

i used to bring a pencil case with me to uni.. now i just bring a pen or two - barely use them though... but i am in CSE, mostly typing away these days.. if you do maths, pen, pencil, ruler and calculator is enough...

as for bag... big enough for what you're bringing? it sure doesnt matter.. as long it make you comfortable... i have various bags ive used during uni for whenever i felt it was most convenient - using a backpack these days rather than my messenger bag...

as for phones - hahaha - cute :p its not uncommon for people to duck out of class to talk on their phone or even just whip out their phone, duck their heads and talk in the middle of class :p

Uncle

Banned
HSC
How do people pass physics?
- Don't go to the Canadian guy in the labs he gives you SHIT marks (Like getting 0, 1 or 2 out of 4 often? Go to him). Try and huddle around tutors who tend to give 3's or 4's.

- Collaborate with comrades to do quizzes, like get the ubersmart person to do it and learn from mistakes or whatever.

- Work with the past papers although the order they are organised in is a fucking mess.

What was interesting was they put an identical tutorial question into the exam but with different values.
So study your tutorials.

I was lucky the 2008 PHYS1121 paper was the easiest I made a good attempt at Test 2 and a dodgy attempt at Test 1R so I left 30 minutes early and confident to celebrate my firssss uni holiday.

The rest is skill.
I thought this was already explained in the first year physics thread in the Engineering section.

Life fast.

Live forever.

Tokyo drift.

Mechanical Engineering.

-s2-

HSC
Those labs were easyyyy, almost all 5s from working with smart people.

Was there something about having to get more than 50% in the final exam to pass at all? I've heard they do that kind of thing in courses, but I'd imagine there would be mass fails all over the place if they enforced that for phys.

And I've had a skim of those past papers, a two digit percentage is optimistic.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Realistically you should be on 40% at the moment, leaving 40% finals left. This means you only need 25% to pass the course, which shouldn't be too hard.

And I don't think theres a 'pass mark for finals' for PHYS, just nothing below 30% or something I guess (seeing as ENG1811 has a must pass mark of 21/60)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Realistically you should be on 40% at the moment, leaving 40% finals left. This means you only need 25% to pass the course, which shouldn't be too hard.

And I don't think theres a 'pass mark for finals' for PHYS, just nothing below 30% or something I guess (seeing as ENG1811 has a must pass mark of 21/60)

-s2-

HSC
I think it was 35% for EN1811, but that's easssysysysysysyyyyyyyy. Yeah where can we check if they have that for phys as well because one of my friends seems he pretty sure, he said he asked a lecturer.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
When i did physics (last year) There were no benchmarks like "Get over 30 in final to pass the course".

If that were the case your lecturer's would have clearly stated it (numerous times) in your lectures.

Justina

HSC
ok, so i applied to switch from Comm/Arts to Comm/Sci so that i can major in psyc....only problem is that i hate Chem/Physics.
I need to fill up 84 UOC on the science side. 54 of which im using on psyc.
Does anyone know any really easy biology/environmental science based subjects i could use to fill up the science side of my degree? I looked some up but i don't think i c an cope with 3/4 hours labs :O insane....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)