The University of Sydney Open Day - 25 August (1 Viewer)

wilsondw

HSC
I felt that the lecturer for psychology sounded a bit disinterested...or maybe cuz his old

At the Great hall for that career thingy (forgot what it was called), it was pretty helpful as I got new information

The other mini lectures were pretty interesting also

Overall good experience

Last edited:

Eg155

HSC
The graduate medicine lecture was not enticing.
Looking forward to UNSW.

Memento-mori

HSC
1. Definitely.
2. ChocSoc is the fucking best. Pancakes + nutella every two weeks.
3. Their.
4. Maybe USyd isn't for you… but I assure you that not *everyone* there is from the North Shore, and most of the people that are aren't actually that bad.
2. But the stall was pretty lame.
3. Who cares.
4. Of course it isn't for me. At the open day, so many North Shore people were there... about the gag...

Domsky

HSC
I went to the university open day for Notre Dame, UTS and Sydney University and out of those three, Sydney University was definately the worst. The food was incredibly pricey, there wasn't enough student ambassadors, things that sound awesome turned out to be completely lame such as that paint throwing thing and Chocolate Appreciation Society. The Sydney University representatives were rude and when I asked a question about directions, they answered it incorrectly. UTS and Notre Dame actually had students walking around who were very happy to answer any questions I had, and there open days had better catering. I got the impression that Sydney University didn't care about the opening day. Also, I know this isn't Usyd's fault, but the open day attracted the type of people that I wouldn't want to be around. Obnoxious north shore people who whine and whinge all the time, rude people, etc. They may exist at every university, but there were so many of them I had a horrible experience. I did however get a laugh when I read the undergraduate booklet. ''University made me an independent thinker.'' No need to explain why that's hilarious. Looking forward to UNSW next week.
THANK GOD someone with a brain! thats the exact feeling I got! I think somepeople where very arrogant and rude there...same i went to all three and i like notre dame MOST...I want to also see UNSW =)

Memento-mori

HSC
Mate the point was today was to go and look around the uni, not go on a holiday vacation. And I don't know where you were, but students ambassadors were literally all over the place.
1. Mate? lol
2. The only student ambassadors I saw were in those little embarrasing booths.
3. I'm not expecting a holiday vacation. But I do expect to be treated with respect. A good open day for anything, whether it is a private college, a high school or a university has: directions that are clear, helpful people (none of the people in red shirts that I asked answered my questions about how to exit the university. UTS and Notre Dame managed to do so many things and you could see that those universities made an effort with their open days. Usyd doesn't meet the standards that other universites have set.

Domsky

HSC
1. Mate? lol
2. The only student ambassadors I saw were in those little embarrasing booths.
3. I'm not expecting a holiday vacation. But I do expect to be treated with respect. A good open day for anything, whether it is a private college, a high school or a university has: directions that are clear, helpful people (none of the people in red shirts that I asked answered my questions about how to exit the university. UTS and Notre Dame managed to do so many things and you could see that those universities made an effort with their open days. Usyd doesn't meet the standards that other universites have set.
AMEN!!!! hahaa, i actually got lost there..i have to ask 3 freaking times for a stupid building and i came to a wrong lecture to....from that i left and when to notre dame where i actually enjoyed the place!

Memento-mori

HSC
AMEN!!!! hahaa, i actually got lost there..i have to ask 3 freaking times for a stupid building and i came to a wrong lecture to....from that i left and when to notre dame where i actually enjoyed the place!
lol I went to Sydney first, and then notre dame. From the sounds of it, your experience was pretty horrible :) Usyd reeked of arrogance. I got the impression from UTS and Notre Dame that the students and lecturers actually wanted to be there.

Domsky

HSC
lol I went to Sydney first, and then notre dame. From the sounds of it, your experience was pretty horrible :) Usyd reeked of arrogance. I got the impression from UTS and Notre Dame that the students and lecturers actually wanted to be there.
Yeah true! so are u going to unsw? right

Domsky

HSC
majority of people come to Open days just coz they give free food :D
So your stating majority of the people are either hobos who cant find food or they are lazy to cook for themselves/buy food or people are just dumb and they waste there time jst to go for food there not to actually see if they want to study?!
anyway LOLZ AT UR POST hahaaa

Beaconite

Banned
HSC
So your stating majority of the people are either hobos who cant find food or they are lazy to cook for themselves/buy food or people are just dumb and they waste there time jst to go for food there not to actually see if they want to study?!
anyway LOLZ AT UR POST hahaaa
lol which posts mate?
and Yeah people come to 'chill' and get free food ... no jks brah :D

This guy he wants to go TAFE, he was at USYD .... LOL

Domsky

HSC
lol which posts mate?
and Yeah people come to 'chill' and get free food ... no jks brah :D

This guy he wants to go TAFE, he was at USYD .... LOL
LOL really? anyway the food there was expensive! haha
Which guy? OMG you serious...What a joke....hahaha

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty nice. And I complain/whinge way less than you and you're a westie :eek: haha

USyd4lyf
I'm poor, I'm allowed to complain.

2. But the stall was pretty lame.
3. Who cares.
4. Of course it isn't for me. At the open day, so many North Shore people were there... about the gag...
2. Did they give you chocolate? If so, shuddup, if not, you're mean anyways and don't deserve any.
3. Good luck with Uni with that attitude.
4. Lol, maybe go to the UWS open day instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)