• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Why do you want to work at 13?

Hang out with your mates while you can. By the time you are 17-18 and cramming for the HSC, you will look back on your early teens with envy while you try to balance work, study and your social life.

And at 13, even if they did hire you, there wouldn't be much financial incentive.... approximately $5-6/hr? You could do chores around the house for your parents and get paid more.

sipplix

HSC
lol I have the best job possible at Safeway (yes, safeway, because I work in melbourne). Im a meat assistant at a certain safeway. Best job ever, and heres why:

- I clean the meat room. sounds bad, but is actually kinda fun, espescially when u walk in and out whenever you want to, just as long as the jobs done properly.:haha:

- I am on a higher wage than my friends who work in the same store. reason is apparently because I work with tradespeople (butchers) and I am not a member of the union, so I dunno, some bull**** reason there why I get a few dollars more.:headbang:

Anyway, just sharing my 'story'

Have fun

wearent

HSC
LOL I'm not wanting to be hired for the money (I'm not 13 either). You don't know my circumstances right now :D so boring!

edit: what social life? :)

Last edited:

wearent

HSC
no, not 12 :) higher. 14 9 months is what all the supermarkets have been telling me and I'm not quite there yet.

Roga

HSC
Here's the pamphlet containing details about the new logo, uniform, store signage, etc.

HSC
wearent said:
Where's that on the site? I looked and all it said was that they 'comply with state legislated minimum ages' or something like that.
It may not be on the website, but according to my HR officer, company procedure allows people aged 14 years and above to go straight onto group interviews (generally stage 1). Those aged 12-13 have to have an interview with HR first to deem their maturity at an acceptable level before they move onto proper interview stages. I only know one person who's done this though, she was 13 and 11 months at time of application, and by the time she went to her induction she had turned 14. So they didnt employ her until she was 14.
Its a procedure that HR tries to avoid if at all possible, thus they very rarely interview anyone younger than 14.

This is in WA though, and may be different in NSW, so please don't jump down my throat if I appear wrong.

BTW, in WA 14 year olds are paid between 8-$8.50 an hour (if casual, around $6/hr if permanent), so the pay isn't really that bad for the age group.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Wow.. that seems really early lol.
Oh also, I saw a rebranded truck today. I was in a car with friends, and I was like *OMG LOOK AT THE REBRANDED TRUCK* and they reacted oddly =P

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
Wow.. that seems really early lol.
Oh also, I saw a rebranded truck today. I was in a car with friends, and I was like *OMG LOOK AT THE REBRANDED TRUCK* and they reacted oddly =P
lol
thats totally something I would say.

wearent

HSC
In our local Woolies there's the new logo. Something about Australia's major player in fresh food. Anyhow, they're still the fresh food people.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
It was a very exciting moment until my friends thought I was obsessed/odd/whatever else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)