• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (12 Viewers)

ytrbut

HSC
My SM and office cashier are on my manager's case about me having too many TOIL hours. The thing I can't understand is, why? Why should they care?

*glances at Townie for enlightenment*

Also, townie, what's the most TOIL hours someone in your store has? I don't think I have that many (a week and a half), but maybe it is...

danberg

HSC
whatashotbyseve said:
http://www.sda.org.au/images/awards/award37.pdf

Here is the relevant agreement for Woolworths (well I am assuming Safeway and Woolworths are the same). Inside it does say that you have to work a minimum ten hours/week in you are PPT.

Re: unions, I am not in the union, i find all unions a waste of time and space. They may be able to help you, I'm not sure.

My guess is they are trying to force you to resign. What for I don't really know. I would leverage the 10hrs/week scenario from HR to try and speed up your transfer maybe? Its pretty obvious your stay at the store has become untenable.
I know it would make it easier, but Safeway and Woolworths aren't the same thing. I'm pretty sure that the EBA for Safeway is negotiated by the Victorian SDA branch, and other states are separate.

RE: unions being a 'waste of time', I have tended to agree in the past, but have found the SDA to be much more modern and I'm pretty pleased I'm a member (I had an incident resolved in my favour because I called the SDA up).

Ss, schance, if you're a member its definitely worth calling them up, because your situation doesn't seem so straighforward to me.

H.P

HSC
speaking of which, does anyone know where i can find the relevant award document for South Australia? the above seems to be related to VIC.

danberg

HSC
H.P said:
speaking of which, does anyone know where i can find the relevant award document for South Australia? the above seems to be related to VIC.
Yep, I just found it in the 'Member's Area' of the SDA SA website (SDASA - Home)

H.P

HSC
well i don't have access as i'm not a member..yet and probably won't be till i start working, so would someone who has access send me a copy? wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

HSC
Yoddle, I haven't heard of any stores having to take all their smokes to the office. How annoying. Does your store have crap security or something? We're in a small centre whose doors are locked then our store has roller doors then the smoke shop cupboards have slidey doors so it'd be basically impossible to break into. Plus all the hidden booby traps.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
No apparently it's every store in Tasmania. We are a stand-alone store, with doors (funnily enough) and then yeah the slidey things you lock for the smoke cupboards. But surely it's nonsensical because if we have to do this wouldn't everyone else too?

YAJYAJ

HSC
New Big W stores look quiet good...

Seem to be taking their time rolling the new look out thou =P

mitch179

HSC
YAJYAJ said:
New Big W stores look quiet good...

Seem to be taking their time rolling the new look out thou =P
Someone I know from my local Big W told me they were getting this new look about a year and a half ago.....

Still looks the same.
But in March, a 10000 SQUARE METRE!!! Big W is opening close to my house, so I guess it will sport the new look.

H.P

HSC
although surprisingly I've never seen a Big W advertisement for jobs in my state, always Woolworths related, and no not by woolworths but actual woolworths store jobs.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
to answer a few questions

B/H = base hours, and is contracted hours for PPT, and 38hrs for casuals/full timers.

Smokes= we've always packed ours away into a security cupboard at the back of the store, and assumed that was what was supposed to happen (as it does in a few other stores)

TOIL= a week and a half is a shitload of TOIL, most we've got is the OC who has 30hrs because they've been on AA for all the recent public holidays. The reason they care is that 1) the longer it stays there, the more it will cost them to pay it out 2) it blows out wages cause you have to pay that person + a replacement (usually)

Pilotman

HSC
townie said:
Smokes= we've always packed ours away into a security cupboard at the back of the store, and assumed that was what was supposed to happen (as it does in a few other stores)
Yep it's mandatory company policy that all "security" items such as DVD's, Smokes, Batterys, Recalled Products etc be locked in a cupboard or cage. So all stores should be doing it!

Also have heard from a friend who is now quite high up, god knows how but anyway, was telling me that they are doing a review of the uniform and this will include a new colour to go with the new layout and logo.

Colour is going to be a browny/green kind of Karkey colour.

Think that stinks especially if they make you pay for them, unless they do what they done with the green ones, gave us all 2 each, and casuals 1 each. He said they are better than the spew green and the logo stands out more and looks great in the new stores otherwise they look out of place. Haven't seen any yet but would be interesting to see!

Everyone should be in them mid year.

Russdog

russell
HSC
argh nightfill ftmflose.

just got home from work. half past 3.

put me back on fucking dayshift bitches!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Russdog said:
argh nightfill ftmflose.

just got home from work. half past 3.

put me back on fucking dayshift bitches!
try doing 12-10pm and then 8-5pm

Roga

HSC
Pilotman said:
Yep it's mandatory company policy that all "security" items such as DVD's, Smokes, Batterys, Recalled Products etc be locked in a cupboard or cage. So all stores should be doing it!

Also have heard from a friend who is now quite high up, god knows how but anyway, was telling me that they are doing a review of the uniform and this will include a new colour to go with the new layout and logo.

Colour is going to be a browny/green kind of Karkey colour.

Think that stinks especially if they make you pay for them, unless they do what they done with the green ones, gave us all 2 each, and casuals 1 each. He said they are better than the spew green and the logo stands out more and looks great in the new stores otherwise they look out of place. Haven't seen any yet but would be interesting to see!

Everyone should be in them mid year.
Just to let you know, I posted a pamphlet a while back:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)