• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yah, i only ever dissection dump when the barcode is missing. you know what we really should have is a way to enter prices via the Reference number as well as the EAN, that would really almost completley eliminate dissection dumps

Harry778

HSC
Isnt it discretion dump? That would make more scents. (sp?)
Dissection dump doesnt sound right.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
REDUCED TO CLEAR ---> UNKNOWN ITEM ----> FRONT OF STORE (or meat etc if you want to get fancy) ----> enter desired price.

I have literally charged thousands of dollars worth of goods through this shortcut over the years. I'm sure it's not preferrable, but it avoids needing supervisor codes and all that shit, and they still pay the same price.

ITLL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
I do that for Reduced to Clear Barcodes that won`t scan. I did them yesterday for Deli products as we were flat out, but I was looking for a way to do normal prices.

And Charizard, It is best to chose the appropriate department

I also think that they should add a "Manual Price Entry" Menu for Deli/Seafood where you can manually enter the Deli Prices

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
No but seriously, my way of just putting a zero first actually works, no need to risk dismissal or anything.

Yeah my CSM wrote a note telling all the supervisors that if they caught or found out about anyone dodging price overrides to put their name in a sealed envelope addressed to her and send it up in our pickup capsule.

I get really anal about it and i went to to an override the other day and by the time i got there the women was like 'doesn't matter its done', and i put my hands on my hips and was like "HOW??" and it turned out the other sup. did it. Felt a bit of a fool.

Harry778

HSC
I was supervising saturday and that song I like but dont know where to find it came on! So I ran to get my phone and recorded it. So PLEASE if anyone knows where to get this song PLEASE TELL ME!!! Cant find it on google, you tube, itunes NOTHING!

Here is the link, quality is crap. But tell me if you have heard it before.

YouTube - Its not over

THANKS!

123jess123

HSC
123jess123 you need to be careful there. Should the other supervisor take what was said about them seriously, they can go to management and claim harrassment. You say that you are entitled to talk about other people in your own time - the fact is that you were in the store, on your shift, and making potentially nasty comments about another staff member, risking a written warning.

But I do understand how hard it is to work with another supervisor that you don't like. The girl who's hours I took over was the most annoying person I've ever met. The few shifts where I was doing supervisor training and she was still there were hell. But you have to make it work.
What if she heard it from someone else though, and from the way she reacted (would not say a word to me all weekend, would completely ignore me if i spoke to her, and yelling at the other guy) I think what she heard is not what was actually said.. But doesn't look like she'll take it any further, i messaged her last night to ask what she thought we said, because from her reaction, i think she has heard a different story to what actually happened, and she wrote back with a whole bunch of crap (she's a known compulsive liar lol), but i later found out she's pregnant to her boyfriend who she was going to break up with soon (who also works in our store), so i guess it could just be the crazy pregnancy hormones making her more crazy than usual :p

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I was supervising saturday and that song I like but dont know where to find it came on! So I ran to get my phone and recorded it. So PLEASE if anyone knows where to get this song PLEASE TELL ME!!! Cant find it on google, you tube, itunes NOTHING!

Here is the link, quality is crap. But tell me if you have heard it before.

YouTube - Its not over

THANKS!
oh THAT song, NFI, cant find it on google

Pilotman

HSC
With manually entering shit you can just type in product search "Deli" and it should come up with a manual entry?? theres a few ways to do it that you don't need a supervisor.

But to the person charging off to Front of store, lol surprised you haven't got into serious shit over that yet, thats for the likes of phones, smokes etc etc.

HSC
With manually entering shit you can just type in product search "Deli" and it should come up with a manual entry?? theres a few ways to do it that you don't need a supervisor.

But to the person charging off to Front of store, lol surprised you haven't got into serious shit over that yet, thats for the likes of phones, smokes etc etc.
My store likes to have a sad at anyone who does a manual price entry for anything. Its soooo shit.

Craven

HSC
Holy crap smokeshop planogram! Damnit... now I have to learn where everything is again! :'(

Craven

HSC
lol, hooray for QLD law. No liquor for me :D

Hm, tonight I was blowing up balloons for QFF launch... crappy orange balloons which tasted toxic and my fingers were orange afterwards ugh. If I die for Woolworths... that would be sad.

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Whaaaaaaaaat? Are the re-planogramming the smokes again!!??

Is this done on a state-by-state basis, or nationally?

NC8000

HSC
N/A
lol, stupid new white wine layout, dont know whether anything is anymore.
Nothing wrong with it, not only does it improve flow between grape varieties and price point but it now has sav blanc at the start of the isle where it should be reflecting its higher sales compared to chard.

Stand at the front of the isle, close your eyes and picture sav blanc, -->sav blanc blends, __>low/mid priced chard, --->upper priced chard, -->niche whites (unwooded/unoaked varieties etc, -->full body fruity/sweet styles then ending on lighter sweets bottom shelves and top desert wines.

depending on the stores ranging(most are now similar give or take woolies are trying to keep a similar store layout/flow across all businesses (woolies liq/bws)

like the new beer layout, private/control labels get prime position and with new wine layout, brand/series sticks to similar locations. i.e. wolf blass yellow range will be on similar shelf level and facings etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)