• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

danberg

HSC
I've got an interview at Safeway this week. How much will I be payed? (15 years old).

Thanks
Safeway- so VICTORIA
SDA payrates as at 1 Jan 2009
Casual- first 4 months will be $10.02/hour
After 4 months you'll get $10.54/hr

But im thinking it may have gone up a little in July? They did last year

HSC
Got a transfer request form. Two questions

References. Please supply two work related references (one must be your current direct supervisor)

Since I haven't had another job before, can I just get two random checkout supervisors to fill it out?

Managerial Approval

Uhh, which manager is this?

Thanks.
If I'm not mistaken (which clearly I have been tonight :haha:), aren't these the official 'references', like where the manager ticks the boxes about your work habits. Be warned, these take a while to be filled out because they're not high on the priority list.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Safeway- so VICTORIA

Man! I`m 15 in WA and my rate of pay is only $8.394/hr

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Safeway- so VICTORIA

Wow that certainly is an exciting wage!
What's it go up to when you turn 16?

Cheers,

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
not an online calculator, but see here How to withhold amounts from unused leave payments on termination of employment

for how to work it out

Table: Withholding rate for amount accrued on or after 18 August 1993

Payment type
Withholding rate

Leave
Step A
Add in the leave loading subject to withholding (see below).

Step B
If the total of unused annual leave (and unused long service leave) in respect of service on or after 18 August 1993 is less than $300, withhold the lesser of the amount worked out using the steps below or 31.5% of the payment, disregarding any cents..

If the total of unused annual leave (and unused long service leave) is $300.00 or more:

Step 1 using the relevant PAYG withholding tax tables, work out the amount to withhold from the payee's normal gross earnings for a regular pay period (for example, weekly, fortnightly or monthly)

Step 2 divide the post-17 August 1993 leave amount by the number of normal pay periods in 12 months (for example, 12 monthly payments, 26 fortnightly payments or 52 weekly payments)

Step 3 disregard any cents for the amount calculated at step 2

Step 4 add the amount at step 3 to the normal gross earnings for a single pay period

Step 5 use the PAYG withholding tax tables used at step 1 to work out the amount to withhold from the amount calculated at step 4

Step 6 subtract the amount calculated at step 1 from the amount calculated at step 5, and

Step 7 multiply the result from step 6 by the number of normal pay periods in 12 months to obtain the amount to withhold from the unused annual leave amount.

Leave loading
If your payee has had amounts withheld from salary and wage payments taken from column 2 ('With tax-free threshold with leave loading') of the tax table used to calculate those amounts, then do not withhold from the first $320.00 of leave loading.

Add the leave loading that is subject to withholding to the annual leave amount (see above) for calculation of the amount to be withheld.

Example 4: Resignation
Max, who resigned on 24 March 2007, is to be paid a lump sum of $2,340.00 for four weeks of unused annual leave, which includes $340.00 of leave loading.

Under the conditions of his employment, Max is entitled to four weeks annual leave per year of service. Max's normal gross earnings are $500.00 per week.

Max is not leaving because of genuine redundancy, invalidity, or under an early retirement scheme.

Amount of payment accrued before 18 August 1993
No unused annual leave accrued before 18 August 1993.

Amount of payment accrued on or after 18 August 1993
The total amount that accrued on or after 18 August 1993 is $2,340.00.

Step
Instruction
Result

Work out amount to be withheld from normal gross earnings for a single pay period ($500.00 per week).
$71.00

Reduce the total amount of unused annual leave and leave loading ($2,340) by the amount of leave loading not subject to withholding ($2,340.00 - $320.00 = $2,020.00).

Divide $2,020.00 by the 52 normal pay periods in one year ($2,020.00/52).
$38.85

Disregard cents.
$38.00

Add amount at step 3 to normal gross earnings for a single pay period ($500.00 + $38.00).
$538.00

Calculate the amount to be withheld from step 4.
$83.00

Subtract the amount withheld from normal gross earnings from the amount at step 5 ($83.00 - $71.00).
$12.00

Multiply the amount at step 6 by the number of normal pay periods in one year ($12.00 x 52).
$624.00

The amount to be withheld from Max's $2,340.00 of unused annual leave and leave loading is $624.00.

Harry778

HSC
I have spoken to my old CSM and I'm seriously going to try and transfer back. Supervision at that store is honestly like running a kindergarten!Harry this! Harry that! OMG Harry what do I do my docket paper has ran out I dont know how to change it!! *DING DING DING DING*!!! Grrrr.
Anyone else feel like this?

But yerr, doing my transfer stuff tomorrow, my old CSM said he's going to ring someone...dont know what thats going to do?

Tragesty

HSC
Gonna start working in the Deli on Wednesday but have a feeling Im gonna hate it - I have no idea why I even chose it.

Is it easy to switch to a different 'job'? Such as long life, produce etc. Who should I talk to? How long should I wait if I wanna switch? One shift? Three? Before I even start?

Craven

HSC
yeah, thats what i hear, my deli manager is pissed off, our first Inghams delivery had 60 boxes of the wrong sized chickens, have had to cook and RTC every single one
Hmm, we've had inghams chicken for a long time now weird =]

I have spoken to my old CSM and I'm seriously going to try and transfer back. Supervision at that store is honestly like running a kindergarten!Harry this! Harry that! OMG Harry what do I do my docket paper has ran out I dont know how to change it!! *DING DING DING DING*!!! Grrrr.
yeah I think there's shockers like that in every store...

ekul444

HSC
N/A
ordered a new shirt today - anyone know about how long it will take to arrive

Last edited:

mlee72

HSC

But yerr, doing my transfer stuff tomorrow, my old CSM said he's going to ring someone...dont know what thats going to do?
Tell me about, its like they can't think for themselves. *DING* I have no 5c coins... SO DO A CHANGE ORDER!!, *DING* Theres no basket... SO DO A BASKET RUN!!, *DING* Whens my tea break?... LATER!!, *DING* What time is it... WTF IT HAS IT ON YOUR SCREEN!!!.and then when you get down there they start telling you a bout a party last night!! WTF SERVE YOUR CUSTOMER!!!!!. working as a service supervisor gives you the qualifacations to work in childcare.

Job Tittle: Service Supervisor ... NO ... ZOO KEEPER!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Townie, can you calculate it for me?
i can, but i need to know your hours per week (on contact) for the exact figure,

but ima going to assume that your on 18 hrs per week (given u said 220 hrs is 3 months)

soo, normal pay is $17.70X18 = $318.60, so

Step 1. Tax witheld = $19
Step 2. 52 Weekly payments, $17.70X220 = $3894, $3894/52 = $74.88)
Step 3. $74 (disregarding cents)
Step 4. $74 + $318.60 = $392.60
Step 5. $35
Step 6. $16
Step 7. $16X 52 = $832

So your NET payment would be $3062

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ordered a new shirt today - anyone know about how long it will take to arrive (WA)
usually about 2 weeks i;d say, maybe a touch longer for WA, and also depends how often the people come to collect your hats, mats and aprons (shirts come with them)

HSC
usually about 2 weeks i;d say, maybe a touch longer for WA, and also depends how often the people come to collect your hats, mats and aprons (shirts come with them)
It shouldn't be any longer than normal for WA - Spotless has a distribution centre in Murdoch that they come from. In my experience its also about two weeks.

UNLESS you ordered them through the clearance being run through Dianella (the old design shirts being sold off cheap) - these ones will take quite a bit longer as your store manager has to go and collect them.

HSC
Tell me about, its like they can't think for themselves. *DING* I have no 5c coins... SO DO A CHANGE ORDER!!, *DING* Theres no basket... SO DO A BASKET RUN!!, *DING* Whens my tea break?... LATER!!, *DING* What time is it... WTF IT HAS IT ON YOUR SCREEN!!!.and then when you get down there they start telling you a bout a party last night!! WTF SERVE YOUR CUSTOMER!!!!!. working as a service supervisor gives you the qualifacations to work in childcare.

One particular operator in my store comes to mind - it might be 1.45, she'd be finishing at 2.30, and ring just to ask "will you snap my till before I leave?"

Another - its 11.30am, she finishes at 6pm, and asks - can I leave at 12?

Grr.

yoddle

is cool
HSC

You guys must live in a special area.

I never have that problem at work. I heart our checkout staff. Except the old bitch who starts yelling at me and telling her customers that she's going to sack me if i haven't answered her bell in under thirty seconds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)