• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I've been at Toolies for almost three years and I've only ever had one review!

I was good but spent too much time staring out the window when serving customers.

Hey, question, I have applied for Jetstar check-in and put my CSM down as a reff without asking (I wanted to get it done quickly and she's agreed to be my reff for other things before).

But will it be awkward when I'm like 'yeah so I'm applying for another job, can you be my reference?'?

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Whats this I hear about Major Changes coming to Self Serve?

Our Checkouts Manager has been told by her Area Manager that someone is going to Sydney to be trained in the new self serve & then they will be teaching us back here.

We just got customers(and ourselves!) Used to Self Serve and now they go and change it. AHHHH!!!!

yoddle

is cool
HSC

Our Checkouts Manager has been told by her Area Manager that someone is going to Sydney to be trained in the new self serve & then they will be teaching us back here.

We just got customers(and ourselves!) Used to Self Serve and now they go and change it. AHHHH!!!!
I suppose they were always going to have to change it lots, with something that different it wasn't going to be perfect from the word go.

Not that we even have it. grumble grumble.

ekul444

HSC
N/A

ah nuts... i hope its not too major - but sounds like it must be if they are sending people to get trained.
ah well, it will be a nice challenge, should make things interesting - everyone was starting to get confident on them, will sure make our job more interesting :p

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Also, IRC, aren`t we meant to have PDAs for the Self-Serve Attendants?

Just wondering cause i`ve never seen them EVER at our store.

If I am correct,how do they work, what can you do with them etc.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Omg, new Food Safety documentation for Bakery. Eek.
And looks like all deli chickens are gonna be Inghams from now on? Bye bye Steggles?

Black Heart

HSC
Got a transfer request form. Two questions

References. Please supply two work related references (one must be your current direct supervisor)

Since I haven't had another job before, can I just get two random checkout supervisors to fill it out?

Managerial Approval

Uhh, which manager is this?

Thanks.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Got a transfer request form. Two questions

References. Please supply two work related references (one must be your current direct supervisor)

Since I haven't had another job before, can I just get two random checkout supervisors to fill it out?

Managerial Approval

Uhh, which manager is this?

Thanks.
which department do you work?

for references, i think it means internal woolworths references

so your direct supervisor it's your department manager (i'm guessing front end, so your CSM, probably get your 2IC or another supervisor as well)

managerial approval would be your store manager

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Omg, new Food Safety documentation for Bakery. Eek.
And looks like all deli chickens are gonna be Inghams from now on? Bye bye Steggles?
yeah, thats what i hear, my deli manager is pissed off, our first Inghams delivery had 60 boxes of the wrong sized chickens, have had to cook and RTC every single one

Black Heart

HSC
which department do you work?

for references, i think it means internal woolworths references

so your direct supervisor it's your department manager (i'm guessing front end, so your CSM, probably get your 2IC or another supervisor as well)

managerial approval would be your store manager
Sorry, I thought I made it clear when I said "checkout supervisors", so I'm on checkouts.

What's CSM? Is that the same as the 2IC? Uhh, I really hate my 2IC.

Damn, I don't like the store manager either - he scares me and is always busy. I don't think I'd get time to get him to sign it.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
yeah, thats what i hear, my deli manager is pissed off, our first Inghams delivery had 60 boxes of the wrong sized chickens, have had to cook and RTC every single one
Had to go help out in deli today.... all the ref numbers have had to be changed over, but the delivery got accepted into the old reference numbers, so all the quantities were screwed... the Inghams counts were at zero, while the steggles ones were NUTS. Spent hours helping the manager zero out the old counts, and update the new ones.
All the staff were confused coz the PLUs changed, too.

AND I spent all morning having to train bakery staff in new food safety methods. Including the baker and the packer who barely speak English... Fail :(

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Sorry, I thought I made it clear when I said "checkout supervisors", so I'm on checkouts.

What's CSM? Is that the same as the 2IC? Uhh, I really hate my 2IC.

Damn, I don't like the store manager either - he scares me and is always busy. I don't think I'd get time to get him to sign it.
Customer Service Manager... not the 2IC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)