• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

Craven

HSC
YES. They're like the servo ones. (in terms of material at least)
THAT is what I was trying to explain
xD
What are they like? Are they like the BIG W ones? All I see the servo people wearing are "epump" shirts, lol (or the OLD White shirt and scarf/tie!)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
xD
so are they shirts (current style) or polo shirt style, cause ive only every seen petrol guys wearing polo shirts....

HSC
So like, my store has just changed its opening hours.
Used to be... 7.30am - Midnight, Monday - Friday
7.30 am - 10pm Saturday
8am - 9pm Sunday

NOW It is open 7.30 am - Midnight every day
I'd hate that.

Ours are pretty lame in comparison:

8-6 Monday - Friday
8-9 Thursday
8-5 Sat
10-5 Occasional Sunday.

haha.
don't think that anyone in WA is awake at midnight to go grocery shopping anyway. lol

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I'd hate that.

Ours are pretty lame in comparison:

8-6 Monday - Friday
8-9 Thursday
8-5 Sat
10-5 Occasional Sunday.

haha.
don't think that anyone in WA is awake at midnight to go grocery shopping anyway. lol
Occasional Sunday? :confused:

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
All I know is the guys shirts look like cowboy shirts
I actually like the idea of new shirts.
Staff at my store are always complaining about buttons falling off, tears here and there, etc.
It'll be nice to see a 'fresh' addition to our uniform.

I don't expect them to fully replace our current shirts. They'll probably just keep selling the old ones until the existing stock clears.
Didn't the company just spend a gazillion dollars replacing the old ones? Money that could have been much better spent IMHO

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Our opening hours are 7pm - 10pm every day, and we are a small store. We used to be 24 hours (as most stores were) then we cut back to 7-11, now back at 7-10.

Although Xmas eve and the day before Xmas eve we open from 6-11, boxing day and easter Sunday 9am - 6pm and ANZAC day 1pm - 10pm

Also regarding Uniforms...I like New Zealand's Woolies uniform...It's a blue Shirt with dark blue stripes, we also get all our uniforms free which includes 3 shirts, 2 trousers, 1 jumper, 1 vest and if you work outside 1 rain coat and if you work in the freezers 1 pair of thermal gloves.

I've always wondered why Woolworths Australia and Woolworths NZ aren't more a like in regards to uniforms/branding etc

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
xD
Awsum! The new logo looks much better on them that it does on the old ones. Actually it looks ridiculous on the old shirts. I hope they go well with our jumpers and vests.

This guy from produce wears like skinny leg black jeans and big black boots with his uniform, it looks cool. He hasn't got told off either.

ay0_x

HSC
Hey all. I had the group intevriew last wednesday (silly HR lady told me it was individual and I show up and there's like 10 other people -.-), and I'm now going for a one-on-one with the store manager =o.

Does anyone work in deli? What's it like? (thats the position i'm going to be in ;o) Are there special rules/uniform/etc?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
(silly HR lady told me it was individual and I show up and there's like 10 other people -.-)
Better then 25-30, which is usually what it is. Surprised there was only 10 there :uhoh:.
I don't think Deli is much different from other departments, think they still wear the same uniform?
Good luck, and all the best :)

ay0_x

HSC
Better then 25-30, which is usually what it is. Surprised there was only 10 there :uhoh:.
I don't think Deli is much different from other departments, think they still wear the same uniform?
Good luck, and all the best :)
Thank you.

Out of 10 I think maybe 3 or 4 probably proceeded to hte next round. Two girls came in wearing everlast hoodies and henley's tshirts. And one of the girls was like "Oh I can't work soon because I need time off for my HSC", so the HR lady asked her "When's your hsc?" and the girl said "I don't know".

lolol.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Rofl.

Actually, I wore casuals to my group and 1on1 interview. I didn't even wear black shoes (would you believe they broke on the day of the 1on1 interview?)
Lmfao, still got the job with flying colours. Must have been my availability which made me irresistible. (H)

Last edited:

Tahnford

HSC
Depends what alarm it is.

CMS Should only ring for fire exit / security room / cash office and fridge alarms
they wont ring for the the nominated staff fire exit/entrance door or for holdup alarms as they are silent
police will only come for holdup alarms (located at service desk/cash office and portable if your store has one)
Well these were the portable alarms with buttons on them you can wear around your neck, which I thought went to the police as well. I suddenly feel less safe.

On an unrelated note to any payclerks or Monday office people, make sure the date on the computer is correct before using People Planner or doing a finalise! Oh dramas! Had to #3555 every EFT settlement for the week, none of the previous/online stuff lines up properly, banking is stuffed, WBS is way way out of whack. Woe.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hey I was at work today and CSM is telling me that a major boss is coming to visit next Saturday. According to her he's higher up than Marty, but below CEO, who would it be, I ask you Sydney people?? Anyway so she's rostered herself on randomly from 10 - 2 , the 3IC is doing open - 11, but I'm secondary supervisor from 8-6! I better remember to shave.

She says he's coming re: refurb. We were meant to have it complete by July but then it was postponed til 2011, but now she says they're looking at next year. Which is good because I keep getting blood noses cos its so hot and apparently they're not going to bother doing a proper fix of the air conditioning until the refurb.

Also, just to whinge, one of the office cashiers is SO SLOW doing change orders! Today she'd been there for two hours, hadn't asked for changed orders so we buzzed her and she said she's still doing the pick ups! And last week at about 6.30 the change order buttons were still yellow! (she'd been there since 3). Eurgh.

And is there such thing as a temporary full time contract? The plan next year is to transfer back to my old store, then work there until April/May upon which time I fuck off overseas. Do ya reckonn they would give me full time for that short period, or would I be better off without it? They'd probs give me heaps of hours anyway cos they always used to. And they only have three full time supervisors.

Very long post bye bye now.

Craven

HSC
^^ Haha, I am doing the same thing.. trying to convince them to train me more properly (systems would be good!) before I tell them I'm heading overseas indefinitely around June, lol...

Not that I'm trying to jip them, I just want to be able to say (when I come back) that I have systems and office/payroll experience, etc, because I'll want to transfer down south.

Last edited:

Tragesty

HSC
Rofl.

Actually, I wore casuals to my group and 1on1 interview. I didn't even wear black shoes (would you believe they broke on the day of the 1on1 interview?)
Lmfao, still got the job with flying colours. Must have been my availability which made me irresistible. (H)

I jsut had my Deli shift this afternoon. It isn't to hard, but at my Deli (Oakleigh, Melbourne) when there aren't any customers to serve it can get pretty boring.

You need to wear an apron and a hat (or one of those weird looking nets if you want). Pretty simple stuff to do, customer asks for certain amount of something (e.g 2KG Drum Sticks), you kind of estimate how many to put in (Ive only had one shift, but you quickly learn over time how many is what), put it on the scale, print the tag and done. Pretty simple, but I was still nervous for my first shift.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey I was at work today and CSM is telling me that a major boss is coming to visit next Saturday. According to her he's higher up than Marty, but below CEO, who would it be, I ask you Sydney people?? Anyway so she's rostered herself on randomly from 10 - 2 , the 3IC is doing open - 11, but I'm secondary supervisor from 8-6! I better remember to shave.
I'd say it would have to be Greg Foran: Director of Supermarkets, Liquor & Petrol

And is there such thing as a temporary full time contract?
Yes

yoddle

is cool
HSC
^ Ah cool about Greggy-mate.

And that's exciting about the contract, are they divvied out much or is it mainly for replacing maternity leave n shit, do you know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)