• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (10 Viewers)

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
When I take my photo I'll put the green vest on =D
Thanks Harry778...I think my store is weird. Am I right?

This is the (recently) new jumper with the 'stylised W' or apple peel, as some people have described it:

HSC
Which leads me to the question: Who has got the current uniform and not the striped one? I noticed that unlike the shift from white to green, the uptake of the new logo uniform is low.Is it not mandatory? At my store, the =Woolworths= uniform is still in the majority. I'm surprised my store manager hasn't got one yet. I guess SMs are not always out to yell FIRST!
The reason why uptake from white to green was quite high was because we were given the shirts a) at store level and b) for free. This ones not such a big deal.

I think I ordered the new logo shirt though, only because they only had limited sizes in the old one.

BSammy

HSC
Is that southern TAS?
I'm in Reg 4 Area 4, which is Nth Tas
Yeah it is.

Can anyone tell me, when it comes to christmas and new years this year, which days of the week are the closed / public holidays days.

Need to take this into consideration while creating the rest of my full time roster.
Cash office hours are set, Front End will have me for whatever i let them. :p

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Oh cool anudder Tasmanian Woolworthian!

Hi. Incidentally, do you know which Tas stores have been refurbed? I thought none of them had, but in the most recent SDA mag, i think it was New Town or someplace that has all the new signage, at least?

bdude

HSC
Hi. Incidentally, do you know which Tas stores have been refurbed? I thought none of them had, but in the most recent SDA mag, i think it was New Town or someplace that has all the new signage, at least?
Devonport had its insides done out about 5 months ago (actually, It might have been a whole before that, can't remember), the outside signs were replaced maybe two months ago.

We (Coles) also had changes to our signage, ours extended to removing the orb. They didn't even bother to repaint the facade so now there's a big dark cirlce next to "Coles"

oh, and since Townie asked, here's me in a, dare I say, better uniform :p

BSammy

HSC
Oh cool anudder Tasmanian Woolworthian!

Yeah, we (newtown) got refurbed about a year ago, also Glenorchy had a refurb when I was there about 3.5 to 4 years ago.

Both times they upgraded to the stupid double sided express lanes, but I think Glenorchy was too long ago before they decided on the sign styles or anything.

I think it's been fixed now, but they either forgot or couldn't afford a wanzl entrance gate, and it's probably in one of the main lower class areas of Sth Tassie, and for a while they had someone rostered on purely to stand at the wide open gate, to check bags, etc.
I actually managed to get that shift on a couple of occasions.:cool:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hey does anybody know where the hell we can get green vests from, I WANT ONE as a memento, we have some in the store but they're all small.

Harry778

HSC
Yeah, we (newtown) got refurbed about a year ago, also Glenorchy had a refurb when I was there about 3.5 to 4 years ago.

Both times they upgraded to the stupid double sided express lanes, but I think Glenorchy was too long ago before they decided on the sign styles or anything.

I think it's been fixed now, but they either forgot or couldn't afford a wanzl entrance gate, and it's probably in one of the main lower class areas of Sth Tassie, and for a while they had someone rostered on purely to stand at the wide open gate, to check bags, etc.
I actually managed to get that shift on a couple of occasions.:cool:
I think they're talking about the 2010 refurbishment. Where the express lanes are separated from the Service desk and smoke shop, different color walls and floors and pretty much everything is different/new. What you have described sounds like the old stores. I'll put some photos on showing the difference.

Old format (before 2010 Refurbishment)- http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/Harry7784/1995-2007-8-9-10.jpg

2010 Format- http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/Harry7784/2010refurb.jpg

Old Produce-- http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/Harry7784/2001REFIT.jpg

New Produce-- http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/Harry7784/Moreprettystore.jpg

New Smoke Shop/Service Desk-- http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/Harry7784/2010FORMAT.jpg

New Front of aisles-- http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/Harry7784/2010.jpg

Some more new registers-- http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/Harry7784/Sooopretty.jpg

Old front of store-- http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/Harry7784/OLDFORMAT.jpg

Harry778

HSC
hey does anybody know where the hell we can get green vests from, I WANT ONE as a memento, we have some in the store but they're all small.
My SSM gave me one. I thought only 3IC, 2IC and CSM wore them. But whoever is on service apparently MUST wear them (at my store any way). So if there are 3 of us supervising, we all wear them.

I'm closing tonight too. 17.30-24.30 gayyy. Might get someone to take a pic of me while at work with the vest on...cos there is never anything to do after like 10.30...dont have to deal with customers cos they go through Self Serve =D This is why I love supervision and S/S

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
me with jumper

me without jumper

the best part of my uniform for me, my cash office + assorted keys, having a c/o key makes supervision soooo much easier.

Harry778

HSC
:O didnt know you could take home the c/o key.

When I was training in there the lady was like NEVER take it home only I can!
(cos she is head office cashier) Hmmm, havent done an office shift in a while.

Townie. Omg, how did you see those? Well yes I did lol.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
My SSM gave me one. I thought only 3IC, 2IC and CSM wore them. But whoever is on service apparently MUST wear them (at my store any way). So if there are 3 of us supervising, we all wear them.

I'm closing tonight too. 17.30-24.30 gayyy. Might get someone to take a pic of me while at work with the vest on...cos there is never anything to do after like 10.30...dont have to deal with customers cos they go through Self Serve =D This is why I love supervision and S/S
The great thing about my store is; there is hardly ANYONE there on weeknights.
And, if you were walking past, you wouldn't even realise the afterhours enterence/exit was there, because the sign blends in with the glass shade.

We are in a shopping centre, which means 2 things:

1) Nobody goes near the shopping centre after hours (unless they know there is a Woolies there and need to do shopping)
2) It's a hidden kind of look, as I said earlier, you need to look hard to see the Safeway sign on the door head haha.

Love it. Just stand there getting paid to do nothing.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
:O didnt know you could take home the c/o key.

When I was training in there the lady was like NEVER take it home only I can!
(cos she is head office cashier) Hmmm, have done an office shift in a while.

Townie. Omg, how did you see those? Well yes I did lol.
i'm Office 2IC so i get a set too, before i got CSM i used to have a heaps better set

-cash office key
-managers office key
-cash office hatch key
-aircom door key
-office drawer key
-mailbag key

and lol @ the sims, must have taken a lot of effort and time.

bdude

HSC
Have you got the new brown uniform yet? The Coles in our centre has, shit colour but the fabric looks nice.
No, but I've heard rumors that there's going to be a new uniform?

Are you able to take some pictures for me, I'd like to see what it's like. Knowing Coles, they'll roll it out and then decide that they want to change it again. They better not make us pay for new stuff.

Harry778

HSC
i'm Office 2IC so i get a set too, before i got CSM i used to have a heaps better set

-cash office key
-managers office key
-cash office hatch key
-aircom door key
-office drawer key
-mailbag key

and lol @ the sims, must have taken a lot of effort and time.
lol yer it did. I've even 'refurbished' it since then. hahaha.
Better start getting ready...the 40 min drive is totally worth a nice store. =D

BSammy

HSC
Ok.

My current store has the 2010 refurb, but without the new logo as the refurb happened before that was released.

My old store had a refurb which gave it express registers like the new format, but without the new design for produce, signage, etc.
I guess it needed a refurb but it was before the full 2010 plan was decided on.

timothyholland

HSC
Yeah it was.
I remember when the two stores near me changed from Advantage to Woolies. Whenever I walk through the Freezer section of my store I always think of my Nan. Bless her.

I think I was 6 or 7 when Rockingham Advantage became Woolworths, and about 12 when we lost Aherns which wasn't bought out by David Jones because were not 'upper-class enough' *sniff sniff*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)