The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

nice5uy

HSC
recently i applied at woolworths revesby for longlife position and i passed da group interview and did da second interview but it has been a week now and i havent been called yet. I tried calling human resource manager and she isnt dere, what should i do?

bdude

HSC
We still sell smokes from the registers in TAS.

Dunno if it's better or not really.
Not when you're stuck behind some cow who keeps changing her mind about what cigarettes she wants.

I wish it wasn't Coles policy to only have >18s smoke certified. Then I'd be able to work on Express more often.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yeah and I suppose it cuts down on bells if you can't sell them from reggos. And also smokeshop would actually be functional, as opposed to someone who just serves on express.

Is that really coles policy?? Why? Do they think you'll be influenced to take it up or something? Under 18s can even serve alcohol with an RSA. And deal drugs, uncertified.

JasRulz63

HSC
Should I join the SDA? Was just thinking about it before. I've asked two friends who have said it isn't worth it. Then again, it's one of those things that you might miss when you need it? I don't know personally.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I always advise no because I just don't think its worth it but most people who join view it as an insurance policy in case Woolworths does something ridiculously wrong that would require union intervention. It's really up to you.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yeah, not really worth it.
Back in the union movement hey-day maybe. Now it's just a club that you join to get a newsletter every couple of months.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
We still sell smokes from the registers in TAS.

Dunno if it's better or not really.
Really? That's funny...(in Victoria) we're supposed to save the docket and take the customer to the service desk, which is on the other side of the building from the express lanes. Very irritating!!

On another note, I can't imagine life without WOWPOS...fortunately, I started after it replaced the old keyboard registers. Gotta feel sorry for the poor guys at my local IGA...they still have the manual Fruit/Veg.

Do any of the long time Woolworths people remember what that cylinder was called, with all the PLU codes written on it?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
No i didn't make it up.

I miss all the typing on the keyboards actually. They made fun sounds.

Did not like waiting for phone credit or just how slow they were.

We had more noobies last night. We are under the AO so we get every store's noobies for training, which means all night jobs get done early and we just stand round watching them and giving them advice on packing and shit, tis great.

JasRulz63

HSC
Yeah, not really worth it.
Back in the union movement hey-day maybe. Now it's just a club that you join to get a newsletter every couple of months.
I always advise no because I just don't think its worth it but most people who join view it as an insurance policy in case Woolworths does something ridiculously wrong that would require union intervention. It's really up to you.
Thanks. Seems to be the consensus I get from everyone. :)

bdude

HSC
Yeah and I suppose it cuts down on bells if you can't sell them from reggos. And also smokeshop would actually be functional, as opposed to someone who just serves on express.

Is that really coles policy?? Why? Do they think you'll be influenced to take it up or something? Under 18s can even serve alcohol with an RSA. And deal drugs, uncertified.
Well, we don't actually have someone rostered to do "smokeshop". We just have register 14 signed on as a supervisor and whoever's free at the service desk - so supervisor, CSM, 2IC, reg.9 and express people - will do smokes.

Well, I assume it's Coles policy because there's no-one at my store under 18 who sells smokes, and no-one's been approached to do it.

SS-champion

HSC
Also remember getting sent a book about what options the company was looking at to replace the keyboards, they had a whole heap of different screens etc but stuck with IBM and went with that but some of the other options they looked at were pretty neat.
I suppose it doesn't matter now but do you remember what any othe the other options were? I started working just after Wowpos came out in my store and I think it's pretty good!... never got to experience the keyboards :)

Myer is about to get brand new registers... finally!

HSC
Worked the second day in a row supposed to have off :angry:

boss rings at 7.30 am! for a 330 and 230 start both days!

but moneys good =) come home and work rang while i was working to come into work! that made me chuckle at how oblivious they are.

HSC
come home and work rang while i was working to come into work! that made me chuckle at how oblivious they are
i've actually done this before. called a meat assistant to ask if he wanted to do a checkouts shift (was also an operator, so not too random). then he comes towards me in a meat apron, and says, "sorry, i'm a little bit busy today".
it was quite funny, except that i never got the shift covered.

groovygirl

HSC
i hate when my manager calls me to do extra shifts cos she knows ill say yes. all these night shifts at work have tired me out, im going to fail hsc for sure cos i spend more time working during the week then studyingt

HSC
i hate when my manager calls me to do extra shifts cos she knows ill say yes. all these night shifts at work have tired me out, im going to fail hsc for sure cos i spend more time working during the week then studyingt
I kind of agree with you. Late last week our weekday smokeshop operator found out that a family member overseas had died, so she took off, fair enough. But trying to replace her shift, I said I'd do one of them, either thursday or friday. So our 2IC gives me friday, and then calls back and lies through her teeth that no one else could do thursday. As soon as I got in that night, I got rid of the thursday shift piece of cake. It just shits me that she doesnt make the effort.

So here I am writing an essay due 12pm tomorrow. I know its not their fault that I'm unorganised, but still, I sympathise with you.

Harry778

HSC
I was at work today, meant to do 9-18 s/vision they sent me home cos I almost fainted hahaha. Didnt feel very well when I got there 2IC went on her lunch break at 10.30 and it was busy and EVERYONE was ringing their bells for stupid little things, probably cos we mostly had casuals on today. Anyway so I was collecting baskets and when so I bent down to get them and when I came back up I just went....THUMP...on the grond. Fuck it hurt hahaha. But I didnt fall unconciouse, maybe for like a second. Just as that happened I looked up from the ground and the 2IC had dropped all of her lunch took her high heels off and started running lol. My head hurts sooo bad, and I jared my arm on the baskets!!! So then she had to drive me home. Which is 40 mins there and back. Dunno how the hell I'm gonna get my car?? No one else bothered to help me, they all just stared...idiots!!

Hope everyone elses day was better.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
I was at work today, meant to do 9-18 s/vision they sent me home cos I almost fainted hahaha. Didnt feel very well when I got there 2IC went on her lunch break at 10.30 and it was busy and EVERYONE was ringing their bells for stupid little things, probably cos we mostly had casuals on today. Anyway so I was collecting baskets and when so I bent down to get them and when I came back up I just went....THUMP...on the grond. Fuck it hurt hahaha. But I didnt fall unconciouse, maybe for like a second. Just as that happened I looked up from the ground and the 2IC had dropped all of her lunch took her high heels off and started running lol. My head hurts sooo bad, and I jared my arm on the baskets!!! So then she had to drive me home. Which is 40 mins there and back. Dunno how the hell I'm gonna get my car?? No one else bothered to help me, they all just stared...idiots!!

Hope everyone elses day was better.
you poor thing! I hope your feeling better!:)

A very similar thing also happeded to me years ago when I worked on chechouts, I was working in smokeshop when I started to feel a bit dizzy....(it later turned out I had taken to much cold and flu medication) I truned to the girl working next to me and said that I was feeling a bit funny, and then I woke up on the floor with CSM, STM and SM yelling my name at me! aparently my CSM saw me start to fall and dove accross the service desk and caught me so I didn't hit my head. I was out for like 5mins though and everyone was freaking! they wanted to call and ambluence, but once I assured them I was fine the STM drove me home, which was slighlty awkward.
Of course gossip travels fast and for the next two weeks everyone was watching me like a hawk and letting me do whatever I wanted or have breaks whenever I wanted, I scared them and myself pretty good.
I did win best faint of the year at the chrissy party though!

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Poor guys....Luckily I haven't had any dizzy experiences yet!

On other news, our CSM today was foaming at the mouth because she's been told she has to cut at least 40 hours from her already low wage budget. As it is Service up front is beginning to slip, with large queues at the checkout during peak times, and not enough staff to cover.

It's all money money money, forget about the customer service - they only pay the bills!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)